Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TN
City
C
History:
Have right calf muscle spasms for approx 15 years. Sometimes I can watch it spasm with my heartbeat. I can feel it in my ankle and upper knee. I dont notice any weakness or have any problems other than sometime my toes going numb and the aggrivation of the spasms. Recently went to doc because foot going numb and feeling like my calf being stabbed. Found out i have reduced reflexes on right leg and sometimes my range of motion at my ankle is less than the left. Sent to neurologist and EMG and nerve condution study showed some abnormalities. Was sent for lumbar MRI and came back normal. Calf biospy done and came back showing nerve and muscle damage. Neurologist diagnosed me with Focal Motor Neuron disorder with unknown cause and said I have nothing to worry about. Yea Right!. The anxiety and depression is making me crazy. He never mentioned ALS, MD or any tyoe of treatment. Have any of you ever heard of this and does it sound like ALS? What do you guys think I should do next? I forgot to mention I was never sent for any type of blood work but do remember years ago some bloodwork came back with elevated CPKs.

Sorry for the long post just need advice on what do do next.

Thanks

Scar,

This was just mentioned in another thread, by prat... Please check that thread as Brooksea posted a link to N I H. Na tio an In sti tutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. Its also called Mono melic A myo trophy. It affects one limb as you stated you have.

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back