Happiness now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caro you are a blessing to me!

Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

~~Mother Teresa

The true beauty of the inner self is its spirit nurturing truth which breathes joy and happiness into our very soul. By living life in harmony and balance we awaken our inner universe and cultivate infinite love for all beings. The essence of being alive is to live an inspired life of higher self discovery that opens doorways to richness of spirit and inspires us to embrace the earth as a sacred womb of love.

~~Michael Teal

Inhaling Love, exhaling Gratitude
connecting Heaven and Earth
Heart and Mind
we are the Breath of Life.

Peace begins with a smile. -- Mother Teresa

Attachments

• photo Be good to yourself.jpg
    photo Be good to yourself.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 451
From my trusty little book: Every Day is a Gift

"Love, and do what you will. If you are silent, be silent out of love. If you speak, speak out of love. If you censure, censure out of love. If you forbear, forbear out of love.

Put love in your heart. Nothing but good can come from that source."

St. Augustine

Such a fountain of wisdom here!

Last night on TV was a movie about contemplative Benedictine Nuns. The movie, entitled
"God is the Bigger Elvis" (funny title!) was up for an Academy Award for best documentary
and was so interesting! Made me think of you Sequoia and made me contemplate what
I focus on. Again, brought home the wisdom of the power of thoughts, and the wisdom
of "If you are silent be it out of love" as the beautiful quote. LOVE YOU ALL!

Great post Elaine!

“Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration.”
D.H. LAWRENCE

We must begin thinking like a river if we are to leave a legacy of beauty and life for future generations.

- David Brower -

Realize deeply that the present moment is all that you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life."

(Practicing The Power of Now, page 30)

Rest your head against a tree and feel the life
inside it.

This tree has life-force and spirit that carries
love for you and for the earth that sustains it.

Attachments

• PHOTO oak_tree WITH SUN.jpg
    PHOTO oak_tree WITH SUN.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 505
I love the idea of "thinking like a river" and I love how these words empower!
I have been reading about breath, and how to keep returning to breath awareness,
especially when my mind is in fear or the future. Last night I made a very deliberate
effort at this, after a very challenging day and really felt the difference. I want the
wisdom and peace of my soul, not the fear! The river image is very helpful with that,
flowing....

LOVE CAST OUT ALL FEAR, CARO...THE BREATH IS LIFE ITSELF!

Offer them the Love of your Divine heart
which never is weary and never runs dry.~UNKNOWN

EACH DAY I START BRAND NEW
YESTERDAY'S PAIN WASHED BY MORNING'S DEW
I FEEL THE LIGHT OF HOW THINGS SHOULD BE
MY PRISONERS OF JUDGEMENT ALL SET FREE
HOW CAN I MAKE THESE FEELINGS LAST
JUST LET GO OF GRIEVANCES PAST
MY HEART FEELS SO GOOD THIS WAY
PLEASE DEAR LORD HELP ME STAY
THE PERSON I SO WANT TO BE
HELP ME SET MY OWN SELF FREE
TO RISE TO HEIGHTS I'VE SEEN BEFORE
I FELL AWAY FROM HEAVEN'S DOOR
MY FRAILTIES DO SET ME BACK
TO SIT AND DWELL ON ALL I LACK
'TILL MORNING'S LIGHT COMES SHINING THROUGH
MY HEART'S TRANSFORMED IN SUN LIGHT'S HUE

by Linda Negron,

Attachments

• photo Dalai-lama-quote-light on ocean.jpg
    photo Dalai-lama-quote-light on ocean.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,752
How beautiful, each day a new beginning!
I am listening to the early morning sounds, just heard an owl, and I am grateful for
my practice of returning to the present moment. I love my morning meditations, my
awareness of the freedom of present~moment thinking. It is true that love cast out
fear, and I have to begin with myself and expand. I am truly grateful for that awareness.
God bless......

CARO, I LOVE THAT YOU ARE FOCUSING ON THE PRESENT MOMENT....FOR THAT IS OUR PRESENT!

Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.
~~Maya Angelou

n the place of stillness.. rises potential.
From the place of potential.. emerges possibility.
Where there is possibility.. there is choice.
And where there is choice.. there is freedom.
~~ Gabriella Goddard

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good.What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind..."
- Unknown

Attachments

• photo heart aflame.jpg
    photo heart aflame.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 385
Every morning I reflect on what I am grateful and what makes me happy, and I
keep returning to how I am getting better at elevating my thoughts to love and
trust. My dear friend Caroline also practices this and visualizes peaceful, happy
events. I take breaks throughout the day to deliberately reflect on gratitude. I
have read so much about this throughout the years, and feel that I am now really
practicing what I do believe. I love setting the tone for the day on this beautiful
and inspired thread. GOD BLESS....

CARO, YOUR REFLRCTION ON GRATITUDE ELEVATE MY SOUL!

One thing I know for sure is that no amount of doing or having, no amount of creating something "good" will ever be enough if I'm not honoring what is real and true in me. It is not "good" that matters, it's the honest gesture that matters, it's presence and integrity and authenticity that matters. It's Truth that matters. It's how I feel in the midst of creation and how that feeling (and what manifests from that feeling) fills and heals that matters. It's Love that matters. When I let go of result I am free to be myself. No aesthetic concept can replace what is authentic. Yep, this I know for sure.

~~Julia Ferenbacher

It is love that brings us all together

again and again.

It is love that unites us.

It is love that makes time and space collapse.

All barriers come down

because of love.

~~Gurumayi Chidvilasananda

Seek Love, and you will find joy.
Seek joy, and you will find illusion.

For joy that seeks pleasure for the self alone,
separates itself from Love.

But joy that is sought on behalf of all
remains one with Love and one with
the Divine.

Attachments

• Photo golden heart in buble sea.jpg
    Photo golden heart in buble sea.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,291
A BEAUTIFUL STORY

A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet.

She poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even.. The total had to be exactly perfect.. No chance here for mistakes.

Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door.

She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention, but he was too busy at this moment.

Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing. She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster. No good. Finally she took a quarter from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!

'And what do you want?' the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice.. I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages,' he said without waiting for a reply to his question..

'Well, I want to talk to you about my brother,' Tess answered back in the same annoyed tone. 'He's really, really sick....and I want to buy a miracle.'

'I beg your pardon?' said the pharmacist.

'His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?'

'We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you,' the pharmacist said, softening a little.

'Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough, I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it costs.'

The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl, 'What kind of a miracle does your brother need?'

'I don't know, 'Tess replied with her eyes welling up I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money..'

'How much do you have?' asked the man from Chicago .

'One dollar and eleven cents,'Tess answered barely audible.

'And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to.'

'Well, what a coincidence,' smiled the man. 'A dollar and eleven cents-the exact price of a miracle for little brothers.'

He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten and said 'Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need.'

That well-dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon, specializing in neuro-surgery.

The operation was completed free of charge and it wasn't long until Andrew was home again and doing well.

Mom and Dad were happily talking about he chain of events that had led them to
this place.

'That surgery,' her Mom whispered. 'was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?'

Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost.....one dollar and eleven cents...plus the faith of a little child.

In our lives, we never know how many miracles we will need.. A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

What a beautiful story of miracles! I love how it is described as an operation of
a higher law....just love that!
I think of positive, loving affirmations as invoking a higher law too, an attractor
energy. I feel much more peace when I look inside for it rather than depending
on out-side events. Grateful for the reminders! God bless....this site is such a
powerful inspiration!

LOVE YOU MUCH CARO!

And sometimes, I allow myself to imagine that each moment in which we love well by simply being all of who we are and being fully present allows us to give back something essential to the Sacred Mystery that sustains all life.

~~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Human beings grow best with encouragement and love. Today, let every word you speak (to yourself or to others) be filled with kindness.

~~ Cheryl Richardson .

Attachments

• photo beautiful purple flower.jpg
    photo beautiful purple flower.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 606
Love you Sequoia!

I love that there are so many inspired writers that speak of love and
presence. I began doing a deliberate meditation practice of just being aware
of my breath and returning my attention when it wanders throughout the day.
Even during the day, just focusing on sound or breath. I feel the calming of this
and the commitment to presence is really helping. Much gratitude!
comforting. I have meditated

CARO, YOUR DAILY PRACTICE IS AWSOME! KEEP IT UP!

If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much, and most of all yourself.

- A. Neilen -

[Learning how to think] means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to, and to choose how you construct meaning from experience. --David Foster Wallace

You are changing the Earth with your love.
So never hold it back, for it is the most powerful
energy on this planet.”

Surround yourself with positive people, and situations. It helps to keep your focus and your spirits high to do things that bring you joy and happiness and avoid negativity, this includes friends and family. When you are in a situation that is less than desirable and you cannot change that at the moment, then put yourself in a orb of protective light filled with love. Ask your angels to help strengthen you while you are there and believe in yourself and your strength to get through. You are not alone and are supported, even if you feel like you are floating in an immense sea all by yourself.
Excerpt from Sharon Taphorn

Attachments

• photo blue lake and waterfall.jpg
    photo blue lake and waterfall.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 421
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back