Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
East Coast
City
NA
I have notice that some nights, not all but a lot nights, I don't seem to move through the night.
Legs don't move right, arms don't move right etc. although in my mind/sleep... I wake and feel restless.
I used have and still do on occasion, have very severe leg cramps...but in some ways, it's strange, they seem to be lessoning. I do arouse most nights through the night sometimes feeling achy/bruised limbs or headache or just a "frustrated" feeling? At times, I seem to be waking up with a very heavy feeling in my chest, trying to cough and then coughing / phlegm in the morning that can last either a short time or for the day.
Really not sure what to make of this. Any suggestions? I sleep alone so can't ask if I am disturbing someone else's sleep or if they notice something unusual.
Just seems to be increasing in frequency and I really don't know how to present this to a doc to ask for help/advice?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

You should make an appointment with your doc about the coughing and get a chest xray. You could very well have an infection.

Thanks Brooksea...I don't have that feeling of infection (but phlegm can be green at times) but have an appointment in Nov. with my GP. I have, hopefully if it doesn't get altered, an apt. with my new neurologist in Oct and will mention it to him.
I just don't know how to describe it other than what I have written...which doesn't seem right to me.

Green phlegm generally means an infection...

Jen

See your GP early. Tell him about the green phlegm.

Sounds to me as if you have the flu - or as others have suggested, an infection.

Do you use a bipap or cough assist? It may be time to start if you haven't been.

I find that I sleep better if I'm on my side. with pillows for support... I can move my legs a little bit easier. I also have a pillow stuffed to the foot of the bed to "tent" the covers so I can move my feet a little. And finally, I have a soft belt (from an old outfit) that I tie loosely around my left foot and above the knee so I can reach down and move that leg when needed.

Thanks Brooksea...I don't have that feeling of infection (but phlegm can be green at times) but have an appointment in Nov. with my GP. I have, hopefully if it doesn't get altered, an apt. with my new neurologist in Oct and will mention it to him.
I just don't know how to describe it other than what I have written...which doesn't seem right to me.

Green is never normal.cit can be a simple case of bronchitis or even pneumonia. Non-infection lung secretions are clear or sometimes slightly tinged with yellow.

With LMN issues, it's a good idea to see a pulmonary doc to see if you should be on a bipap

Waiting til November to be seen isn't a wise decision. Bronchitis can turn to pneumonia very quickly, and is not good for anyone, but especially those with ALS.

You should call your primary doc and make an appt today so they can do a culture and/or start antibiotics early.

Without them, an infection can seem to clear up. You may feel better, even, but it'll come back with a vengeance.

If you're a smoker or have asthma, the risks are even higher. Guarantee you that if you call yor GP and say I am coughing green gunk, they will have you in quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back