Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Chamblee
I have been a caregiver for my wife for over 2 yrs. She has had her ups and downs. This last episode caught me in unbelief. On a recent Tue. she was evaluated by hospice and told that she was doing too good and was going to be bumped off the program. This despite the increasing problems with swallowing. Two days later, she was incoherent and unalbe to drink or eat. Yes, it can happen that fast! Over a horrible weekend, I soul searched and hurt for my wife for whom I could not help. That is the most terrible feeling. Finally, I called hospice and she went back to the center. She has been there two days and her condition is not good. She continues to be out of her head (FTD) and will not eat or drink. Her Dr., who is a neurologist, said that she probably would not leave hospice. For those in doubt about first hand experience--Don't be. The kind people on this forum see what is going on and they do not lie. A patient may change in an instance and it is just the nature of this beast of a disease! Hang tight all that are called on to be strong.

I'm sorry to hear of the change in your wife's condition! Our prayers and thoughts are with you both...

Jen

Sending prayers to you and your wife.

Sending prayers for your wife and you and your family. Wishing you courage and peace during this so difficult time.

so sorry to hear about your wife. Things can change so quickly. Thinking of you. x

I am so sorry. This disease is terrifying for those of us that are only at the beginning. I will be praying for you and your wife.

I am so sorry for you and your wife. I think everyone on this forum understands that things can change so quickly.

I will be praying for you and your wife. Thank you for being a loving husband and doing the best that you possibly can with this cruel disease. May God bless you and give your strength. We all care on here. Hugs to you, Kim

My thoughts and prayers are with, and yes things change fast, and it scares me and everyone I'm sure what the future holds for us, I chose not to think about it or I would go insane. One day at a time, just like someone trying to stay clean from drugs or alcohol, thinking to much can make you crazy, and just get you upset, God be with you and your wife, and give you all the strength you need to handle this. Take care.

Prayers being sent for your courage and strength. Take care

Ruth

I'm sorry Hangingon

Prayers and caring thoughts for you during this time.

Dear Hangingon1

Sorry your wife is not doing well......Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer

I'm so sorry about the sudden change. Sending wishes for strength and peace your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back