Gardens and Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed them. I have lots of weeds this year, and I'm trying not to let it bother me.

Lori, Thanks for adding the link to Iris's garden album, her's were the ultimate gardens.

Toto, I still miss the smell of the sago palms, and the clattering of the coconut palms when the wind blows in the evening (I was born in Miami and grew up there) I guess now most people have central air and don't so much associate the sounds and smells, but, most of my childhood was spent with the windows wide open, and the attic fan doing its best to pull the hot air out.

Hi Rose, I know what you mean about the aromas and breezes in the summer being so great. I used to have my bed over by the windows in the summer (too cold in the winter) and remember laying there in the morning listening to the birds, and the different flowers/trees, etc.

I need to get someone to weed all my gardens! Need I say that I hate sumacs?

helen. ditto! they started out looking good.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 126
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 145
Marypat, can I asked where you got your ramp? It's the best I ever saw and I want one just like it. The sweet little blond accessory is the cutest thing I have seen on a ramp and if I can get one like your one I'll not mind so much. Just lovely!

Hey, I can't get my garden to grow those little people either!

Hello, I love your garden thread and all the pictures.
All I can keep is a few cactus on the windowsill! :)

We do have a new bird table though and caught a squirrel hanging uside down the other day by his tail while he lifted the bird feeder, trying to suss out how to get the peanuts.. :)

Great pictures. the most thing that i like about red Bee Balm, and daylily's pictures is that they are looking natural.

Thanks, the bee balm went crazy this year, and we had hummingbirds all over them... guess red is their favorite color. I need to take another pic, the purple phlox and white plox are in full bloom now, along with some yellow perennials that look like little sunflowers.

kiwi, the ramp is from a truck. my hubby works in a truck dealership and one of the mecnanics gave it to us. it's fiberglass and works great. the little people accessory takes way too mmucch wrk to keep out full time but he comes with his own care takers so its all good!

hehehe! love it!

Smart woman that Marypat, got the model with the full time care taker. If I could find one like that I'd take two. Lovely Marypat, just lovely.

too bad the caretakers dont wrk for the gardens too, sigh

waiting for my SIL to come up from Fl to visit again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back