Not open for further replies.

kiwisally

Country
OO
State
OO
City
OO
Anyone have any experience, suggestions, references that would help with making your own PEG "formula"? Mainly as a supplement, in addition to ready bought. Thanks.

A good blender such as a VitaMix or Mágic Bullett is a must

Thanks ladies. When I asked the nutritionist they looked at me like I was from Mars. I just have a hard time with the idea that "corn syrup" as the predominate ingredient is in my best interest even short term.

If blended well enough, anything can be put in your PEG. Many folks just blend up what the family has for dinner.

I keep hearing a lot of people say that Ninja blender is the best... any opinions on it?

On the. FB caregivers page that is the other one mentioned a lot. Just add creaam or chicken stock or gravy to thin it

Vitamix offers a discount with a letter (faxed) from your doc

the advantage of blending your own is that your digestive system doesn't go nuts on it. the prepackaged items can cause major havoc with yor sstem.

That is what I'm thinking Marypat.
I think I have most everything I will need. Went through about 5 domestic blenders in the last few years making margaritas until we finally gave in, up, and spent the money and bought a commercial grade one. :oops:
I reckon all I need is a good sieve. Does anyone know.....I've only had the PEG two weeks so just have the start up tube and bumper system in place. Does the tube just end in your stomach (with a bumper to hold it of course)? My real question is does the stomach end have the same size diameter opening? I am not keen to clog it up!

the opening is smaller i the stomach. it is held with a balloon. after using flush with warm water,always it will help prevent clogs. some old school methods are soda, coke or 7 up flushes. i have put meds down them without a sieve. as long as its not chunnks. if it is smaller than the nonpariells you decorate cookies with you should b ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back