Status
Not open for further replies.
May I add.... Should you get in a fender bender and the other driver found out you have a disease... you'd get sued to the max.

That is a good point Marjorie. I actually stopped driving in February of this year, not because I had to...just did not feel comfortable behind the wheel. My 15 year-old will be getting her license in a couple of weeks so she gets my blazer.

i have given it up completely in the last 6 wks and drove only a limited amt for prob 2 mo prior. when i wasnt sure i could turn the key to get the car started to come home one day, added to the walking difficulties once at my destination, i knew i shouldnt be out alone. it was easier too because we just got the lift van. i frankly don miss driving.

My progression started in the legs & they are now useless. Since I still retain good strength in the upper body region I am using hand controls for the time being. When my upper body begins to fade I will turn in the keys. Unfortunately we are out in the country and everything requires a ride in the car, with 2 active young children involved in many activities I spend a fair amount of time taking them to practice, meetings, etc. Our oldest will be 14 in a couple of months, I hope that he gets to return the favor & drive me about for a little while at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back