Thread: My Mom
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 12:29 PM #5 (permalink)

City: Vancouver
State: British Columbia
Interest: Was caregiver of my mom. Impact? Still grieving.
SoniaT is an unknown quantity at this point
City: Vancouver
State: British Columbia
Interest: Was caregiver of my mom. Impact? Still grieving.
SoniaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your mom

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you went to your mom's funeral even though it was very upsetting for you. The slideshow you mentioned sounds like a lovely tribute to your mom, what a nice idea.

You sound like an awesome person who loved your mom very much.

It's too bad that your dad can't be the person you want him to be and that he can't say "thank you" for your efforts. Perhaps some day he will be able to.

You mentioned that this time in your life is like a bad dream, I have felt like that too. My mom died on November 8/03 since then it seems like I have a bad movie playing over and over again in my head.

I have gone to grief counselling and I did find it helpful. It was 8 sessions with a group, and although I was hesitant at first to do the group thing it was a great experience and I made a new friend.

When my mom died I wondered what my purpose in life was too. I have used my grief to help other people who are dealing with ALS and to help raise awareness of this terrible disease that takes away our loved ones. What I did take away from this experience is that I was privileged to have been there for mom in life and to be there for her when she went on to a better place.

Everyone tells me that it will get better with time. How much time I don't know! Please hang in there, don't give up, I know it's hard.

Please feel free to email me anytime you need to chat.

Please take care, Sonia