Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
There was a post on the forum about a week ago. I forgot who wrote it. But, it was from someone who had lost a parent a year ago and was having trouble coping since then. She stated she wasn't religious at all. If she doesn't have faith in God though she will never fully heal. She can go to all the counselors she wants but it will not help her. She is missing the most important part in all of our lifes. Faith in God to help us through this and our other problems in our lives.
I want to share with everyone a experience that I had 15 years ago when my mother was battling colon cancer. She was in the hospital one time shortly before her passing and was in severe pain and on morphine. She was unable to get out of bed due to it.
I couldn't stand to see her that way and got extremely angry with God for putting her through all of her suffering. So, I went home from visiting her in the hospital and was crying and got on my knees and begged God to ease her pain. I told God I was angry with him. I put all my emotions and anger out there to him.
Anyway, the next day I went to see my mother again in the hospital. She looked terrific and was sitting up in her chair with a big smile on her face. I looked around and noticed her morphine pump wasn't on. I was about to jump all over the nurses and asked mom why it wasn't on. She said " I don't know what happened but all the sudden during the night all the pain left my body like a miracle. I then told her I was really upset and had prayed to God for relief. She said "God sure did listen to you. "
My mom unfortunately didn't survive her cancer. But, we had many occasions in which God helped us cope. The doctor expected my mom to really struggle during her last hours. She didn't! She went peacefully in minimal discomfort with my dad and I holding her hand. If anyone can possibly have a beautiful death she did.
Please keep the faith everyone. God may not cure us but he will be with us on the journey and will provide comfort if you ask with faith. Kim

This was a beautiful testimony Skipper66. My husband was diagnosed in Feb, our faith has sustained us since the first day finding out. We have a peace that pulls us through each and every day. We smile, laugh, plan, and enjoy every moment. None of this would be possible if we couldn't put our trust in Him. It's in His hands. And you know what? At my husband's last ALS clinic appt, his progress showed that he was progressing at only one third the normal rate. God is answering our prayers, maybe not quite the miracle we want but he IS listening. I can't imagine anyone going through this without leaning on Him. We can endure with the strength He gives us. Thank you for sharing!

thank you for posting this. i can't imagine facing als without my Lord and Savior sustaining me every day.

As I told my 2 college classes on the last night of the semester 12/2011, no one knows when their time is. I challenged them - if you died tonight, what would happen to you? where would you spend eternity? here's a simple outline of how to know 100% where you are going. admit you are a sinner. believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. confess your sins. Read the book of John to begin to get a grasp on the big picture. btw, a student who missed that night heard about it and stayed for an hour after he finished his final exam just so he could pray for me. hearts were touched.

"No one can snatch them (referring to us) from my Father's hands."

Kim -THANK you for posting! Prayer (mine and others) I believe has been getting us through this too. Part of a prayer, which I recite everyday, includes one line which sticks with me ".... grant me the Grace of a happy death...". From what you describe, I think your Mom was graced with a happy passing.

Susan - You are so right and kudos to you for having challenged your students in such a powerful way. For myself, I am most grateful for the time I have - mending fences, reconciliation, prayer, introspection, having fun, being loved and loving etc. As terrible as is ALS - in my view, it's much better than being hit by a truck without the opportunity to right wrongs, address shortcomings and prepare as best one can.

ECPara - WOW! I was diagnosed in April/12 (Holy Thursday) - my first follow up appointment is in August - I am hoping for similar results! I do not pray for a miracle - but I do pray for a slow progression and for peace and for faith. I pray for my family and also for the special angels on this forum.

I believe God is listening.

Thanks again

I firmly believe in the power of prayers. My faith has held me through life ups and downs. Last Teuesday my neice's austistic 5year old son wandered away when the air condition repairman left the door open. Scotty is non verbal and was wearing only shrts. The temp was nearly 100 that afternoon but over 150 people were searching for himwith planes and helicopters. I emailed my friends to pray for his safe return. The search continued though night with heat seeking equipment. The next morning 500 volunteers came. As they getting instuctions a guy walking his dog near the Mississippi River found Scotty lying beneath a tree crying. He said Scotty reached for his water bottle. Prayers answered! He was sunburned, bitten and dehydrated. Scotty had to stay in the hospital over night and sedated so they could remove ticks. 81 deer ticks and nits were removed. My neice never left his side and was relieved to take him home after three emotional days. I asked for prayers on this forum. Thank you my faithful friends.

becky - i'm so glad he was found quickly and safe. definitely answered prayers.

Praise God! I'm so happy he was found! Poor little one. Praise God!

hank you for posting this. i can't imagine facing als without my Lord and Savior sustaining me every day.

becky - i'm so glad he was found quickly and safe. definitely answered prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back