Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news Naranja! :)

That's absolutely great news, and I am thrilled for you and your wife.

As the Romans put it "carpe diem"- seize the day- and spend those days in a long and happy life together.

Good Luck!

My footdrop started about 6 months before I decided to have it checked out. I have always had a very bad back(since my teens) and had experienced footdrop about 10 years ago because of the back problems. The neurologist I use for the bad back said of course we need to check the new footdrop out and hence the tests began. I did not find any of the tests painful including the EMG or the spinal tap. I too wanted to know what I was/am up against. I was diagnosed with PLS in June 2011. PLS is much better news than ALS and I'm so thankful that I found out. I am 56 and decided to go ahead and seek "retirement" the end of April and boy I'm enjoying it! God Bless you two!

Thanks again to everyone for the support and kind words.

Nan: My wife's foot drop was attributed by the neurologist as the result of a pinched nerve. Although that doesn't rule out ALS or any other neurological condition, we're going to consider it as such unless another symptom presents itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back