Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Flower Mound
So visited with mom this morning, she took nap so decided to leave the hospice for lunch, as I was walking out, they were wheeling a dead body out covered in a nice hand made quilt all the nurses standing very nicely..so I decided to wait moment as they went out the front door..then I saw them load the body into the back of the family's blue dodge caravan! Omg who does that? Hate to say it but it made me chuckle inside me. Made me think of the movie summer vacation and aunt Edna seat!. this is a beautiful private hospice very expensive..the back of a van?..the little crazy things to pull u through..it's ok to laugh bit right?

Panda bear

It's more than ok, it's the only thing for it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. All the best to you dear.

Yes, you would not be sane if you could not laugh!

Laugh away cause that's funny! Hospitals are funny places because they have weird things that happen!

Jen

Of course it's OK to laugh. Bob was taken away in a van though. Many funeral homes use them these days instead of hearsts. Less conspicuous I suppose.

Laughter, as they say is the best medicine.

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Hilarious! Reminds me of the movie "Little Miss Sunshine!"

That made me laugh. Thanks for sharing and a big hug to you. Kim

That's funny! :) Nothing like a little levity to help in difficult times. thinking of you! ((hugs))

Thinking of you all too! :lol:

Laughter is the best medicine my mom used to say. I agree. Yesterday I went out side with my aid to show her my rock gardens. At one point I was taking her to the side of the house where it slopes down. I knew my chair could handle it but she didn't. On the back up a rock caught me up, but I was able to maneuver out. By the time we got back into house we laughing. It was her first off road experience with a wheel chair.

Not only is it okey. Its important.

okay my first thought is "people are alowed to transport bodies in minivans" my nest thought was, "Thank goodness it wasn't a Mr. Bean car."

I would laugh too but then I would be wondering what one does when you take the body. I mean do you pull up to the funeral home and say "One casket to go" OKay it's still making me laugh.

Somtimes we need to either laugh or cry and I hope choseing to laugh dosn't make us crazy because I have a lot of crazy people around me. Be well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back