Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
Ar
City
Mtn. Home
Does anyone have a portable bipap if not what do you do when you go to the doctor

Hi, I bought a power inverter at Home Depot for Dad. It plugs into the lighter in the car and then we plug the bipap machine right into the inverter. It runs just fine as long as the car is running (I empty the water before the trip, though). Then we just take in in plug it in to an outlet when we get to the doctor's office. I am interested in finding out if there's a battery pack. I'm going to ask at Clinic tomorrow (assuming he agrees to go).

The Respironics Trilogy has a battery that will last about 6 hours. great for trips or if power goes out at home for a little bit. Very good non-invasive vent. Ask about it!

You can get a bipap backup battery. They cost anywhere from $250 to $600, depending on which one you have to get to go with your brand and model machine. The respiratory therapist that set mine up said at that price, you might as well buy a generator for your house so you can run more than just a bipap. He has a point, but obviously that is not portable at all!

Thanks for all the information. I am sure other people will benefit from this
Sharlene, we have a power inverter and yes it works but can't use it in Wal Marts
Seger, I have never heard of that before but I'll check it out
Sarah, I probably won't invest in the back up battery because I might not use it that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back