Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
US
State
MO
City
California
We have found out through this process that there is definetly an order to things when working with insurances and hospice.

Please get EVERYTHING gadget, tool, assisted device you need or think you will need prior to enrolling with hospice. Once hospice starts (and I do encourage as they have been wonderful), it is nearly impossible to get approved for any tools, gadgets and devices.

Our lesson in all of this is think and plan ahead, timing really is alot of it.

V.

V.
You could always go off of hospice, get the gadgets, and get back onto hospice- if this works for you guys.
Im sorry youre having to deal with all of this.

Thank you, Liz. We did discuss this option, if we ever had to come to it.

For the most part my mom has been one of the lucky one's. Almost everything she needed we were able to get before being on hospice, now its just a few little things and her and her husband have decided to pay out of pocket for these incidentals (like a mount for the eye gaze mouse and new battery for her loaner pink dynavox).

I am certain though others are not as fortunate. Also, at this point in the disease progression, we cannot risk going off of hospice. :(

Keep in mind that if you pay out of pocket for equipment you may be able to get a tax deduction if you have your Doc write a script.

We will make a note to get one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back