Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ny
City
Kingston
About 2 to 3 months ago ive been feeling SUPER tired after I do any type of excercise. This is not me usually I can go for hours before even feeling a bit tired. Now recently my legs are super stiff to the point where if I just stretch a little ill get q charlie horse. My legs also get super fast, like I ran a mile and felt like my legs were going to collapse. I could run 2 to 3 miles usually. I excercise everyday play on a football team and lift weights every other day. Also my arms get tired so fast. I have fasculations all over my body even eyelids. I went to the doctor had blood work brain ct scan and urine test doctor said everything lookes fine. I get scared super easily if my.mom was to call my name ill jump. What could I haveeee?

It's not unusual for teens to get muscle cramps and charile horse type of cramps. Twitching is NOT a sign of ALS--not an early sign, so you can relax on that front.

If your doctor did tests and everything was ok--I'd suggest you try to relax. It's also possible that you have a post-viral thing going on--or just something as simple as muscle fatigue from over-doing.

I won't ask what made you think it could be ALS--but I don't think you need to even have that on the radar. If the easily getting tired from exertion continues--ask your parents to take you back to the doctor--perhaps some nutrient levels are low.

it's easy to get out of balance if you don't keep well-hydrated when you exercise.

John,

We are not doctors here and can only give you our opnion. I can tell you by the symp toms you gave us, that it does not sound like ALS. Did you read any of the "stic kies" listed above your post? Calm your fears and read them. One point of advice is, you should never go og le symp toms on the in ter net. Often times, they lump symp toms together and give you false information. As in the fasc ic u la tions. These happen at the end stage of your muscle life and it is not body wide. They usually start in the places you first lost the muscle.

You may want to try looking up B F S. Be nign Fasc ic u la tion Syn drome. This may help you. You also should wait for the test results from the doc tor. You may have picked up a virus or just plain over exercising. I wish you good luck,

What did your doctor say was going on? What were the test results?

he didnt tell my anything thing was wrong every test came back normal.

Maybe you're dehydrated. Drink more water daily and see if that helpers.

Certainly every test coming back normal must be reassuring to you. Listen to your Dr. Did he do an in office exam?

Trust your Doctor and keep off a website for terminal illness. You are 16 and a little tired and crampy. Make sure you have electrolytes in your fluid, use sport drinks. You could have a mild virus. It will pass.

he didnt tell my anything thing was wrong every test came back normal.

My 16 year old plays footbal, lifts weights, has trouble sleeping.

Growing pains was the answer we got.

Go chase girls and try and stay off these sites.

Cheers

You are setting your self up for a lifetime of health anxiety and will never be happy if you continue to go down this path. You are 16, you went to the doc and had all kinds of test and everything was normal. Now, get a hold of yourself and be real! DO NOT behave like this--We can not tell you what is wrong but we can tell you that you are over reacting and do not belong in this forum. The first thing I thought when I read your post was Mono (a virus) which many teens get. And growing pains--another thing that many teens get.

Start positively reinforcing yourself by saying to yourself--"it is nothing" instead of "I have a terminal illness". Start smiling, do some stretching everyday instead of exercise, plenty of sleep, daily vitamins, eat healthy. I had mono when I was a teen. lost alot of weight, exhausted, didn't feel good for probably 6 months--but I didn't die and I didn't jump to that conclusion either!

Another thought, instead of obsessing on your self, why don't you volunteer at a pet shelter or a nursing home. take your mind off YOURSELF and give to others. you will be surprised at howmany blessings you have and how good giving to others will make you feel.

When I see a 16 yr old using the word fas culati ons, I can't help thinking there is a bit of seld diagnosing going on.

doctor said everything lookes fine.

Listen to your doctor and get off this site.

I get scared super easily if my.mom was to call my name ill jump. What could I haveeee?

From my experience with 16 year old boys most likely a guilty conscience which just also happens to be is the mother of invention and you got some mother there son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back