Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Or
City
Bend
I just wanted to let all of you know Dick passwed away Saturday morning in the hospital. Assisted suicide and starvation did not come into any of it. He aspirated at home and it went from there. I won't go into details but just please take care of yourselves so you never choke on food. His children were all able to say good-bye. It is too painful, but thank you for all your support.
Phyl

Phyl,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers....

Much love,
Michelle

Dear Phyl-we all us extend our sincere condolences. I know you loved Dick very much. He was lucky to have you inhis life. Please know you are not alone in this difficult time. Sincerely, Cindy

Very, very sorry for your loss.

Liz

For PHyl

Dear Phyl, I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. How old was your husband? Maybe not the time but wondered where in Oregon you live. We have relatives there,it's God's Country. Take care of your self. Fondly, Beebe

Poco said:
I just wanted to let all of you know Dick passwed away Saturday morning in the hospital. Assisted suicide and starvation did not come into any of it. He aspirated at home and it went from there. I won't go into details but just please take care of yourselves so you never choke on food. His children were all able to say good-bye. It is too painful, but thank you for all your support.
Phyl

Hi Phyl,
Hi sweetie! I am so sorry to hear about Dick! May he rest in peace, bless his soul. My name is Irma, and I live in Houston, Texas. I juat joined this forum about 2 or 3 days ago. I wish I had joined it when my son (Rudy) was still alive. My son, 38 yrs old, shy 15 days of his 39th b'day, just passed away on June 3, 2007. My heart is still broken. I know how the feeling! May God bless your entire family. My son was diagnosed on March 28, 2006. God bless my baby, he died at home, with lots of friends, and family around him. I didn't sleep for 2 or 3 days. I still feel like he is with us, and is just way. I don't believe it has hit me yet. Sure I cry, but I am in denial. I feel like he is still with us! God bless you, and I will be praying. How old was he?

Phyl,

I'm so sorry, you will all be in our prayers. We all know how much he meant to you, you are a wonderful person. This awful disease will no longer have Dick in it's grip.

rgds,

jamie

Irma -

Losing a child, I can't imagine. Someone here recently described ALS as a thief. It stole your son; but, not your memories. Love is very powerful. Feel free to share more, if you wish.

Peace as you grieve,

Liz

liz said:
Irma -

Losing a child, I can't imagine. Someone here recently described ALS as a thief. It stole your son; but, not your memories. Love is very powerful. Feel free to share more, if you wish.

Peace as you grieve,

Liz

Hi Liz,

Thank you so much for replying. When my son called me from the Dr.'s office to give me the bad news. I had lost it, and I was about 30 miles away from him. He was at the Medical Center in downtown Houston, and I was at home in Tomball, a small town, just out of Houston. My son broke down, and told me the horrible news. I wanted to die. I cried for a very, very long time, violently. It was the worst nightmare. I fell into deep depression, and it lasted for months. I couldn't sleep at night, come sunrise, I didn't want to climb out of bed. I really and truly wanted to die in my sleep. My appetite went to heck. I managed to keep my weight though.
I only wish I had joined this forum earlier, but I was so busy researching this horrible disease. I knew nothing about it. When my son gave me the bad news, I hit the computer, and started reading about it. Let me tell you, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I cried even harder.
There is so much to tell, but I'm gonna have to do it in bits and pieces, and maybe answering questions from the Pals oe Cals in this forum.
God bless, I'm gonna be reading posts here and there, and I'll come back to this one. I just joined 2 nights ago. God bless!

xoxoxo
Irma

another reply for phyliss

i sent phyliss a private reply. she e-mailed me a few weeks ago that dick only had a few months to live. horace was not as bad off it doesn't see as dick was, so i was so surprised it happened to suddenly.

i am soooooo sorry. i'm crying for all of us right now,esp.. physill and her family. i can't even spell right right now, so excuse please. i'm upset.

horace can feed himself with specially' made fork and spoon, but i notice he gets choked a little more often now.

God bless you all.

please, please, let's all stay together in this forum.

love jackiemax

JACKIEMAX said:
i sent phyliss a private reply. she e-mailed me a few weeks ago that dick only had a few months to live. horace was not as bad off it doesn't see as dick was, so i was so surprised it happened to suddenly.

i am soooooo sorry. i'm crying for all of us right now,esp.. physill and her family. i can't even spell right right now, so excuse please. i'm upset.

horace can feed himself with specially' made fork and spoon, but i notice he gets choked a little more often now.

God bless you all.

please, please, let's all stay together in this forum.

love jackiemax

Jackie, is Horace your son, or your husband? How old is he, and how long has he had ALS? I hope you don't mind all my questions!

I have a niece that lives in Lebanon, Tenn. Is that close to you?

xoxoxo,
Irma

HI PHYL MY PRAYERS ARE CERTAINLY WITH YOU. LOSING A LOVED ONE IS SO HARD AND wE ARE ALL HERE TOO GIVE YOU SUPPORT AND LOVE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT [email protected] remember you are not alone . blessing to you.jan

Dear Phyl and Irma, you are both in my thoughts and prayers tonight as you are grieving for your husband and son. The pain is so great , that it seems sometimes like the world can't hold it all without falling apart. At those times hold on to the immense love you will always have for them. When I learned of your terrible losses, I went out to my dad's tree that he planted with me and just sobbed again. Then, touching the bark, a little peace stole into my heart and I knew he was still with me always. I wish this for you also. Love, Holly

Dear Phyl,

My heart hurts for you. I am so terribly sorry that you have lost your beloved husband.
I will be praying for you this week and I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that Dick's fight with ALS is finally over.

We are all here for you. Please take care.
Jeanne

Icanmanz said:
Hi Liz,

Thank you so much for replying. When my son called me from the Dr.'s office to give me the bad news. I had lost it, and I was about 30 miles away from him. He was at the Medical Center in downtown Houston, and I was at home in Tomball, a small town, just out of Houston. My son broke down, and told me the horrible news. I wanted to die. I cried for a very, very long time, violently. It was the worst nightmare. I fell into deep depression, and it lasted for months. I couldn't sleep at night, come sunrise, I didn't want to climb out of bed. I really and truly wanted to die in my sleep. My appetite went to heck. I managed to keep my weight though.
I only wish I had joined this forum earlier, but I was so busy researching this horrible disease. I knew nothing about it. When my son gave me the bad news, I hit the computer, and started reading about it. Let me tell you, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I cried even harder.
There is so much to tell, but I'm gonna have to do it in bits and pieces, and maybe answering questions from the Pals oe Cals in this forum.
God bless, I'm gonna be reading posts here and there, and I'll come back to this one. I just joined 2 nights ago. God bless!

xoxoxo
Irma

My mom said learning I had ALS was worse that when she was told she had cancer. I really feel bad about what this is going to do to my family.

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back