Fave Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The special brownie ingredient ?

i have tried twice to post to post a recipe for monkey bread with cream cheese it went to moderater both times

If you copy and paste it will go to a Mod, same as if you post a link.

That's what I did will they ever be posted

Back to Gorilla BreadPrintable Area
FoodNetwork.com
Gorilla Bread

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
30 min

Level:
Easy

Serves:
12 to 14 servings

Ingredients

1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
2 (12-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring well; set aside. Cut the cream cheese into 20 equal cubes. Press the biscuits out with your fingers and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar. Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the cream cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the nuts into the bottom of the bundt pan. Place half of the prepared biscuits in the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle on 1/2 cup of nuts. Layer the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar, pour the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Place a plate on top and invert.

I tried to post the above recipe each time it went to moderater everyone that ate this bread really like it. I added black walnuts

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Monkey bread, but I'll eat the whole thing myself...

Crockpot Corn

2 Packages of frozen tender corn
1 Package cream cheese
1 Stick of butter
Salt and pepper to taste

I put butter and cream cheese in bottom of crockpot add corn salt and pepper I like a little sugar in most corn.
I cook it on low for two to three hours. Stir every thirty minutes or so. My daughter gets in a hurry she will use the Mircowave

wow, that sounds decadent!

Crockpot Corn

2 Packages of frozen tender corn
1 Package cream cheese
1 Stick of butter
Salt and pepper to taste

I put butter and cream cheese in bottom of crockpot add corn salt and pepper I like a little sugar in most corn.
I cook it on low for two to three hours. Stir every thirty minutes or so. My daughter gets in a hurry she will use the Mircowave

We make this in the microwave, too! The kids and adults LOVE it! It will be on the table for Easter sunday!

French toast casserole

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup
Directions
Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.
Praline Topping:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back