• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the next step. I am so sorry for your loss, and i do understand. I lost my Bran 11/20/2011. There is nothing that is going to make this better, or make it less painful. Just know that you are in our hearts and thoughts. It's a strange road, but we walk it together and there are so many in this stage here, if you need a shoulder or just someone to vent to, I'm here. I have walked your path and I am willing to listen, share, what ever you need.

You must be so proud of your Soldier husband......and he, of you. My heart is with you.

Georgia,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your husband sounds like he was such a wonderful man. I'm glad he was able to leave on his terms, but so very sorry that he had to. I hope his funeral is the start of you remembering all the good things you had in your lives together, and the hardships of this past year fade quickly.

At his military funeral yesterday, an Air Force soldier bent to one knee. looked me straight in the eye and said, "On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband’s service". The birds were chirping under the pavilion, Taps was played, his friends and family that could make the trek to Canton were greatly appreciated, the threatening rain never came, and he is at rest.

Last night was the first night I was really alone in a very long, long time.

My thoughts are with you.

So very sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back