• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Too Many In Memoriam/In Memory Of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we are helpless (and please don't take it the wrong way). ALS awareness month is May, and 70 year anniversary that Lou Gehrig said goodbye to baseball. I know we have moved forward, but its just not fast enough. I don't know how many pALS that are registered here, but I feel like in the last 6 months, we have lost more than our fair share.

When I click on in the morning, I always went right to Tea. Now I click on and see if a thread for prayers has moved to the memorials. I just wish the darn drug companies would HURRY UP!

It does seem to go in waves, that we hear about our pALS passing. Sigh... I so wish this were not true.

Cubcake, don't fret over your post, as we understand.

The real crux of the matter is death. There is only on person who addresses it and answers it. His name is Jesus (Yeshua to our Jewish friends)
He says because I live you will also. I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the Father without me. He is ether who he said He was or he was a fraud and a lier. He is no fraud. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you and he will. He paid the price for sin for all who come to Him with his blood. Without the shedding of blood their is no forgiveness of sin. Life according to the word of God is a vapor. Very short whether you have als or not. It is all a blip on the radar screen. The real essence of life is your spirit, and it is eternal. It is the real you. It never had als or was sick. It was conceived it he mind of God. As He said to David in Psalms when you were in your mother's wound I knew you. The hairs of your head are numbered. How wonderful is that? He knows YOU He dares you to call on Him. He says if anyone calls on the name of the Lord they Will be saved. Try Him!

Thanks for voicing what I'm sure many of us have been feeling. I haven't been a member for even a year yet and the loses suffered seem staggering. Thanks to all of you 'old timers" for carrying on to guide us newcomers. My heart goes out to each of you for the many friends you've lost to this beast.

Deb, I'm really new and really saddened by those who have passed in the short time I've been here....The unrelenting deterioration is so hard to watch on my part and the pALS here have been so gracious and giving, with a sense of humor and dignity that is an inspiration to me!

Jen

Bawling like a baby. I love you guys!

This whole thread has inspirared many. Inspirered us to carry on each and every day trying to just get things done one way or another, it is a struggle we all share in common with the thought in the back of our minds knowing the ultimate outcome. I chose to savor and cherish each day no matter what, even in complete chaos for today anyway, One day at a time, Loving each other in the Good and The Bad, caring, supporting, Praying for one another, especially when we lose a Dear Friend or Loved one. I Just what you all to know how much you all mean to me, I Love You All, and Thank You for being my Friends. {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Wishing we could all slow down, drastically, and yes I know what you mean my friend, and that you mean well

To many great people have gone on. In the last month we have lost 3 of our friends in support group. Just as sad is that we have added 4 new companions on this bus. Two of them diagnosed this week. The ALS monster just keeps gathering the most wonderful people it can find.

I agree. Go forth with love and patience and know that we are all here for each other. It is almost like a marriage - for better or for worse. We share the laughter and the struggles.

It is scary. I see folks who have passed who were diagnosed around the same time my hubby was and it freaks me out. Of course, reality check here, we are on hospice and it is for a reason.

I don't want to offend anyone here, but feel like some of you will understand. I feel like I am on a fence. I don't want to lose my husband and father to my children. But I so don't want to see him suffer. We seem to have an equal balance of good and bad days, but I really do dread the bad days.

Meg,
I do know what you mean. I'm on the fence for the other reason. I want to live as long as possible, but don't want my kids to see me like I am.

Meg and Toto, me too.

We have definitely lost a lot of great people over the years and too many recently. It is such an awful disease that I'm not sure any of us will ever totally rebound from the loss and heartache. We will muddle through somehow knowing that our loved ones and friends are no longer suffering and are smiling down at us with love and gratitude.

Deb, Meg and Toto, me too. I can't imagine a day without my husband, but I can't imagine how much more he can withstand.

Please someone find a cure!

Love you all.

Deb, Meg, Toto, Pam.... Me five.... Di and Toto, Rog has your same love of life....you are all amazing (darn, mascara is running again)...

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back