Status
Not open for further replies.
Have your doctors suggested an event monitor. You wear some electrodes on your chest and when you have an event you push a button. The cLever little ECG machine then keeps the data for a nimute before and after the event has occurred. You can wear it until you have an event. They then print off the data and see what, if anything your heart I'd doing wrong.
Might answer some questions, did for me

Hi Alyoop yes I am currently waiting for the event monitor to come. I have an app with a diff neuro on the 23rd april and another eeg scheduled for may. Currently my fingers are very uncoordinated and I am having alot of trouble doing my kids hair, turning lids, holding rags when cleaning, but it seems to be in both hands. My right ankle is still very sore and has become weak. I have constant muscle cramps in my left arm and on an off cramping in my left calf. I trip over my right foot atleast once a day. My bicep burns and hurts when I am carrying my baby. I was carrying papers in my left hand yesterday and noticed that it burned and hurt to hold them. Thanks for the replys. Im at a loss as to what is going on but everytime I look at my kids I feel like crying which is hard.

I have some similar symptoms as you jfit. I have muscle cramps in legs, left is worse, and constantly feel creepy crawly kind of feelings in left leg. Left leg feels weak when I walk. Both arms tire very easily, but so far my manual dexterity hasn't changed (and I pray it doesn't). I get burning and cramping in triceps and biceps, but not at same time. All this started out of the blue in January with joint pain and burning in calves and forearms. I am praying that this isn't ALS, but contrary to what some people on this forum have said to me, I find it hard to believe that it isn't ALS, and if it is it is moving quickly. Not sure if you can typically have progression like this in just 2 months, but something is going on. I have never felt ill before for so long. In my line of work (I am a dental hygienist), I used to be able to keep arms up for entire duration of patient's appointment. Now I find they tire just after cleaning a couple of teeth, or folding laundry, dressing my daughter, etc.. My MRI appt is next week and I am sure it will be normal as ALS doesn't show up on an MRI, and my Neurologist appt is in 2 weeks. I like you am soooooo scared and cry whenever I look at my girls (just don't let them see that). Take care and I hope for the best for both of us, that there is some other cause for our symptoms.

Sorry to be harsh, but I find this really amazing. I know we all have fears and anxiety. It's normal. But it really needs to be reined in. Those two emotions need to be tempered with trust and optimism. Trust in your healthcare team and support network and optimism that life goes forward no matter what the outcomes of any diagnostic or health concerns.

If you don't trust your doctors, find ones you do and communicate and listen. If you don't agree, challenge and listen. But don't keep second guessing. Lean on your support network, be they personal or professional. Talk about your fears and concerns, give them voice but let them go.

Assuming your health issues are well founded, you are going to need the patience of Job and the fortitude of Atlas for the next many, many months or years. Start practicing now.

I'm off to hydrotherapy now. Time to get better.

I have some similar symptoms as you jfit. I have muscle cramps in legs, left is worse, and constantly feel creepy crawly kind of feelings in left leg. Left leg feels weak when I walk. Both arms tire very easily, but so far my manual dexterity hasn't changed (and I pray it doesn't). I get burning and cramping in triceps and biceps, but not at same time. All this started out of the blue in January with joint pain and burning in calves and forearms. I am praying that this isn't ALS, but contrary to what some people on this forum have said to me, I find it hard to believe that it isn't ALS, and if it is it is moving quickly. Not sure if you can typically have progression like this in just 2 months, but something is going on. I have never felt ill before for so long. In my line of work (I am a dental hygienist), I used to be able to keep arms up for entire duration of patient's appointment. Now I find they tire just after cleaning a couple of teeth, or folding laundry, dressing my daughter, etc.. My MRI appt is next week and I am sure it will be normal as ALS doesn't show up on an MRI, and my Neurologist appt is in 2 weeks. I like you am soooooo scared and cry whenever I look at my girls (just don't let them see that). Take care and I hope for the best for both of us, that there is some other cause for our symptoms.

I will keep all my post in this thread ally, the cramping question was just a general one as I was not sure. While Im posting on a unrelated subject maybe someone here with their extensive knowledge on neruo tests can answer this one :neutral:. When I was mucking around with the kids I noticed when were were having "foot races" were were move our foot up and down like pushing the gas pedal and releasing that first my foot just went side to side, then when I really focused it did what I wanted but then the fasted I went the more weird it went it started going in circles or side to side and then had like a little tremor at the end, it was really weird lol. I was trying to explain it to my hubby but couldn't so I filmed it and put it on you tube for him to see (away for work):?: heres the link any ideas its was funny at first but then it kinda got me freaking out what it means:?:

I don't know exactly what it is you have going on but I've never seen anyone with ALS doing that.

Al

Thanks Al, I didnt think it was ALS related just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas as I know alot of people on here have been to alot of neuros and thought maybe they would know what that was caused from, I hope it was okay to post on my thread, as I said Im just waiting for my appointment to see where were going from here. Had MS, stroke and a few other things I cant pronounce ruled out so I guess well see.

Thanks Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back