PALS with Pets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were given a black lab about three months ago and he is now four months old. While it was a load of work when we first brought him home, he has forged a bond with my husband that is truly touching. My husband's bed is the only piece of furniture he is allowed on, and he joyfully spends time up there every time we will let him. The smile on my husband's face when that silly puppy is in his bed is priceless. We are having him service trained, so I will let you know how that goes! GO FOR IT! As hard as it is to train a pup and take care of your PAL, it is worth every ounce of effort! God Bless! Teej

Thanks Teej. I am sure a lot of us will be interested in how the service training goes fro you new puppy. He sounds so cute! Cindy

Hi CJ , we just lost our sheepdog of 10 yrs so what did we do we just bought another old english sheepdog . the first week i thought (what have we done ). i'm in a wheelchair i must be insane. I also have a yorkie. I got our new pup on schedule and we are doing great .i am a pals and babies and puppie s are just what the doctor ordered. we adore him. my husband is smitten. go to www.petfind.com hope you find your airadale. jan

Thanks Jan. Love Old English Sheep Dogs!

I believe the Collie we have now knew there was something wrong with my husband way before we did. She started freaking everytime he would leave the house, and I mean just if he were to go out in the yard. She now follows him around constantly and keeps her eye on him. She barks incessantly when he leaves in a vehicle. If we are gone for the weekend and have a friend take care of her, she will sit in the corner of our kitchen and will not budge to eat or potty. They have to push her out the door. We won't be leaving her anymore, it seems too traumatic for her.

I'll look at that site you posted for an Airedale. Thanks for the info!

CJ

jimmercat

Hi - I am very new to this ,but wanted to give you feed back . My mother has passed away due to ALS . she lived with me for her final 13 months of her life . I live on a farm and at the time she was here , I had 8 full grown dogs & 8 puppies. She had never lived on a farm ,nor did she ever have a dog ! So while Iwas taking care of her , I was also taking care of a mother dog , father & 8 puppys , all living in the house ! My mother grew to love each & every one of them & even picked one that lay on her bed all day & slept with her at night . She ended up nameing a puppy after herself , she gave her the name "Sissy' my mother left this world with a very special love for something that got her through the very long days & endless nights ,a love that she had never knew she had .I miss my mother very very much & still today have 6dogs & 2 birds .and i love them very very much for giving my mom the strength to live another day . I am so sure that youboth will grow to love that puppy - he will make each new day just a little bit easier & he will give you the strength to bear another day ! GOD bless you & your new family member ! Give love and you will get endless love & devotion in return ! GOD bless you !
love , eyeoftheestorm

pals with pets

Jane said:
Hello Liz, I did know a gentleman who had a working dog. This dog was trained according the needs of his master. When they went out the dog wore a "service Dog" vest. We hold our support group meetings in the community room of a local grocery store and had no problem getting this great dog in.
Unfortunately, I can not tell you exac tly what this dog did ,but I do know it was a great help to owner, not just for the work he was able to do
Jane

I have had several dogs thru my life time & they all lived to a ripe old age the dog " Sandy " I have now is a Lab mix she came from the shelter & is going on 13yrs. When I was first Dx, she sensed the sadness in the Family, & went on a hunger strike It took a great deal of coaxing & hugs to bring her out of it & at the same tine distracted us from our worries . There is no substitutes for the love of a dog.

eyeoftheestorm-

I used to live in Nebr.

Sorry your Mom passed away due to this disease. Animals are like angels I think, Looking after us in their own way.

I'm surprised at the response to this thread, but then again it shows what love can do for us.

happy makes me smile

annmarie said:
Oh and I have to add, I cannot see a sheepdog without smiling, they just make me smile, my good friend had one named Authur, he had a bow in his hair so he could see, they are just the funniest dogs, so sweet, and good natured, so glad you got another pup, I bet he is so cute. Annmarie

Thanks Ann Marie thats why we named him Happy. I think my husband has been given a gift to help him go through this unhappy disease with me. I read the other day that DOG is GOD spelled backwards. I know now that God truly cares about our animals. janf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back