Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day All...finally was able to log on...dang computers.

I am so sorry you are in so much pain Dorothy....Joni I hope hubby is feeling better

I would say happy valentines day to you all but I hate this day and say Bah Humbug!...as it is mostly for lovers and i am pouting cause I dont have one.......so I will just say I Love you all and have a Happy Happy Day!.....:)
I plan to just do absolutly nothing today and be a lump here on my couch, hoping to have a Quite day with no drama.
Oh I do plan to eat Chocolate though!....Lots in fact!......:)....great comfort food!

Where is Liz and Patty?

{{{{{{{{HUGS TO ALL}}}}}}

P.S. Saw this on my daughters fb commemts today, thought it was cute and wanted to share with y'all...
I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon... That just represents every other day of my life ;)....also this is from a mom of 9 kids..lol

Last edited:
My post earlier went to oblivion cyberspace I think...

Well I just basically said happy valentines day...

and had a question. Anyone here use leg messagers or compressors? I need to get some as the pain in my legs is Excruciating from spasms and atrophy. Suggestions of a good brand or where I could get some for a 'moderate' price would be nice :) Oh and I do have poor circulation so if it doubles to help with that ...that would be good too ;)

im here. reading mostly...

Glad you are still with us, Missing your wonderful and witty, oh and Honest comments....I think you stole my lighter at the pub the other night.....lol...:)

I prolly did. Habit you know. Heading to the Pub right now....

Okay...how much you want to bet the DIHALS section is going to be a little busier tonight? You know, with the people who don't have dates and they don't feel well because they ate a pound of chocolate for dinner....or maybe they twitch a little because of nerves from a first date...yes I do believe a storm will be brewing tonight...put on your hard hats on ladies and gentlemen!

Wow I am a talkative one today...I am trying to make up for the lull from yesterday :)

Di, can't believe the chaos you're in these days, praying that things settle down for you all! Let me know if you want me to forward your pm to anyone else, I can copy and paste with the best of them! Lucky for you, you already gave us all your brownies! :)

I also have always disliked VD... it's yet another artificial holiday to get us to feel guilty if we don't spend our money on overpriced roses (out of season you know), chocolates and dinner! I'm just too cynical.

Kel, the leg massagers work pretty well, look online for a used one they're pretty expensive... I think brookstone also has some. They will help circulation. Also, keep your feet elevated as much as possible, and I try to keep moving them as much as possible. Between my foot swelling and purple and my calves atrophying, my legs just don't look nice anymore!

Thanks Helen I will definately be looking for the cheap ones. Hopefully when I get a walker I can move a little more without fearing I am going to eat the ground. I find that it does help to move around when I can.

I hear ya on the legs too. Man, that is something I miss a lot. Now I am not trying to brag or anything...but I had been dancing since 3 years old...I had really nice muscular legs....without looking to muscle freakish that is. Now that my legs are atrophying...I have terrible stretch marks from the dramatic loss ...esp. on my calves...and the pain ...well the pain is just really bad. And the tone is gone too. ...which has led to a lot of unfriendly cellulite bumps. I know it is not possible to get back lost muscle, if it is als that is, ...but is tone? hmm. Anyway. Thanks for the advice :)

I'm back...our cruise was wonderful. The Allure is gigantic and had top notch entertainment. We are in Marco Island now. Doug has a nasty cold and I'm worn out. Today he got a raised toilet seat and a shower chair for me. He put a box of chocolates on top....what a man! We had lunch out then napped. What a wild couple are we. Happy Valentines day every one.

Welcome back Becky, so glad you had a great time. Hope hubby feels better soon. What a sweetheart, chocolates & raised toilet seat....now that has got to be a FIRST!....{{HUGS}}

Bruce seems like he is on the mend, he says he feels better, his lungs are probably full of sawdust from the bathroom remodel. Love all of you and wish eac and everyone of you a Happy Valentines Day. Valentines day to me isn't just for lovers, I think it is for all people you love,, so well that means yall:)

Love you too Joni Pie!

Ditto.............Love ya too!

Kel Mike (Atgugi) had a leg compressor for sale a few weeks ago.
Hey Becky, welcome back. Glad you had fun :) I'm looking to go on Freedom of the Sea's in June.
Can I be naughty ? I stuck a paper heart on Bill and told him he had a heart on for me.

Ouch! I'm so bummed...I fell on my butt trying step from the house to lanaii. Doug helped lift the walker over but I lost my balance an fell back into chair with my head. It's ok but my right bun is sore. Doug feels it was his fault but I don't blame him. This disease sucks! Going go eat a chocolate or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back