Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
North Baltimore
IT started out as a drop foot(Ididn't realize I had).I was limping alittle and then falling alot.I fell in august 2010 fracture my right ankle and then I thought it didn't heal right.I was having trouble walking and the Dr said my ankle healed fine and that I should go see a neurology.I went to see a neurology for over a year had lots of test done MRI'S EMG'S and no anwsers.I went to my family Dr and talked to her about cleveland clinic she got me appointment in the neurology department .I took all my test with me and they order more test blood work another EMG and a spinal tab and on 01/09/2012 Iwas diagnosed with ALS not what Iwanted to hear but I got anwsers and Iam taking it one day at a time

If I had my way, we would have no more new members. That said, welcome. We are here for you.

Sorry about your diagnosis! Hope you find lots of support here on the forum...

Very sorry for your diagnosis. Here you will find a wealth of knowledge and support. Remember there is life after diagnosis.

Yes, not the news we wanted to hear for sure! Welcome to the board. Let us know know if we can help. So sorry for your news. One day, one moment at a time is the best way to deal with it.
Hugs to you.

It started with footdrop with me as well, pretty insidious isn't it? At any rate, welcome to the forum, you'll get a lot of support here.
HelenL

Welcome! You'd be surprised at how close you can get to a cyber friend! Just keep your attitude up beat...I started with foot drop too...I thought it was my shoes! lol...my philosophy is dont ruin today with the worries of tomorrow. The present moment to me is always very pleasant even after the loss of some bodily functions...they just become your new normal!

This sounds like the way I started! I plan to be in the 5% where the disease burns itself out! My stong faith in God, positive thoughts, prayer warriors and sheer determination will help me do this! Every day I command ALS to leave my body! Does anyone know anyone who has been in this 5%?

Welcome to the party no one wants to be invited to. Here you will find unconditional friendship and a safe place to rant, rave, scream and laugh. The advice and tips are immeasurable.
Linda

My husband's ALS started with right foot drop one year ago. I thought he was just dragging his foot but no such luck. Hope you have slow progression.

Hoosier454,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis.

What were the results of your earlier E.M.G.'s? Did they show any abnormalities?

Last edited:
Hang in there.
I know things get pretty dark, but with the right attitude, everything can, and will be a little better.
Love the life you have now, and there is always hope for the future.

Cheers,
Casey

This sounds like the way I started! I plan to be in the 5% where the disease burns itself out! My stong faith in God, positive thoughts, prayer warriors and sheer determination will help me do this! Every day I command ALS to leave my body! Does anyone know anyone who has been in this 5%?

The disease never burns itself out - it always just keeps marching on - slowly in some - faster in others - until it's nasty job is done.

The best plan is to try and occupy your mind with anything other than ALS and just focus on getting through the day at hand. Let tomorrow take care of itself.

Sorry for you being here. Live, laugh, love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back