11/2010
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
london
Hi to all,
I’ve been visiting this forum for awhile but haven’t posted anything before. As it is January and most people have their resolutions it’s my month of firsts…first time I admitted I’m not going to drive again, the first fall..the first time I used a cart to shop with….the first time I let myself fall into the well of despair..the first post. So hi to all and already thanks for all the hope and support and hints I have found here. (thanks Al, my glasses slip too, thanks Laurel….my bidet just arrived and thanks to everyone your quotes and stories and humor inspire me) I was diagnosed nov 2010. I was lucky because it took only a few visits to get the diagnosed. But I’m a nurse and I knew to keep asking , as the mother of four I know you should only ask the questions you want the answer to but I still kept asking. I live near Columbus ohio and so again I’m lucky to have a clinic so close with a research program that my neruo is part of. I’m on the second trial. The first one showed no efficacy and now I’m on the dex trial. I feel no affects from it but we will see. I My als started in my hands and neck. My legs are weak now and another first… a wheelchair will be here next week. The bulbar issues are also starting. I am blessed with a husband who would walk thru fire for me and is willing to work and fight with me, for me and at me to keep me a part of life. So now iiits time for one more first, to climb out of this despair and follow the advice I told my nieces and kids..get busy living or get busy dying..It’s time to start living again. Happy birthday to me (not afirst,not by a long shot!)Thanks for listening and allowing me to visit until I could talk. mary pat

marypat, what took you so long, we've kept a spot at Aly's table for tea for newcomers... and I hear there's a wonderful bus with all kinds of amenities, but once on, they don't let you off!

Sorry that you have to be here, but glad that you found us. I'm in the Dex trial as well, I do think I have the "real" thing, but still progressing... slowly... but progressing anyway. Sucks, doesn't it?

Welcome Marypat! We were diagnosed around the same time. I'm sorry you're here but glad you are here of that makes any sense. Looking forward to reading some of your posts! ;)

Thanks for posting the link Lori!

thanks for the welcome, and i'm always up for tea..have to be with a name like mary pat

Mary Pat,
Glad you found us. I was diagnosed just after you, with my first symptoms starting in 2008. Come join us at the tea party. We are a great group who will accept you with open arms. Glad you chose to LIVE. Welcome to the club no one wants to join.
Linda

Mary Pat, Welcome! Like you I stayed in the background & read the forums for info & fun. Found that we are all different in our ALS beginnings, yet we are all the same. We need each others support & knowledge & the tea & brownies are delicious! Liz

Welcome Mary Pat. I too don't post a lot but him in here quite often for more knowledge of this beast. Blessings to you

Hi Mary Pat, I am so sorry of your D X , but you have come to the right place filled with loving and commpassionate people, also lots and lots of info to help you on your new journey. I too was diagnosised nov 2010, and am doing fairly well. I hope and pray for a slow progression. My the Father surround you with Peace, Comfort and Love. {{{HUGS}}} Come and have Tea with use at the Tea table, we have some real fun there also.

Hi marypat.
You`ve already given me sound advice, so don`t go anywhere.
I love someone that can speak nurse-aneze.

Glad you`re here.

Casey

Sorry, not glad your here because of your diagnosis, glad your here because I can already tell you are a well spoken caring contributor.

Cheers,
Casey

Sorry you're here Mary at, but love your attitude. Keep fighting

Hey Mary Pat! Welcome :)

Welcome aboard, Mary Pat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back