Reason
PALS
Country
uni
State
unknown
City
unknown
I have a quick question- do symptoms come and go? I had fasics for a while all over and now they are isolated to one foot. They were really bad for a while and have gone away for the most part. I also was wondering if someome could tell me what is meant by trouble swallowing? I have had dry mouth way more so then normal, but no trouble eating or breathing. I went to the neurologist and he said this is all likely caused by a pinched nerve and anxiety. I called a local ALS center about getting an appointment and the soonest is next Feb. Thanks again for y'alls time.

:confused:

pldo-

The difficulty swallowing is called Progressive Bulbar Palsy. If you look at the front page to this site you will find a link to definitions in respect to ALS that may help you understand further.

My goodness, you couldn't get an appointment til next Feb? I don't mean to be blunt, but anyone suffering with ALS may not have that long to wait! What clinic are you referring to?

I'm no doc, but if you had twitching all over and now it's isolated to one foota nd you haven't experienced wasting/atrophy and weakness , then I would say it could be anxiety. I only know what I see in my husband and this is twitching in a group of muscles followed by atrophy/weakness followed by no twitching in that group of muscles. Nothing left to twitch.

cj

CJ - your last sentence is actually a great help. Everyone needs to realize that the twitching will stop when the muscle is dead Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back