Gripe, gripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so wrong.
Why is it somebody that doesn't know you from a hole in the ground be the one to determine if you need a motorized cart.

I guess we know where the soup nazi works now!

No cart for you! :-D

I will say a good word for Sam's. The last 2-3 weeks they've never had a working cart when I went. Friday, the only 2 were tagged "not working". I asked 2 of the store managers why they couldn't seem to charge the carts over night. One actually went wih me to get a heavy item I needed, tracked down a motor cart for me and brought it to me. Then had someone meet me at the door to help me out to my car - you guessed it, not in the handicapped spots b/c they were full. Maybe we just need to speak up....

Wait just a gall-darned minute! Some old fart telling ANYONE that they cannot use a cart is ridiculous! I think I would have had to respond with, "Oh, I see! Kinda like all the greeter positions here at Wally World are reserved for old farts such as yourself... Uh, thank you for clarifying that. Now can you show me where it says I need a doctor's note or need to be of a certain age to ride your cart? Gosh, I don't see that information posted on here, maybe we need a manager to help explain it to me!" I would have said that while looking all over for the small print on the cart! LOL Then I would have gotten on the damn cart and told the old fart to eat my dust!

Looks like I need to make more t-shirts and send them to all you pALS!

Attachments

• tshirt.jpg
    tshirt.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 241
I have to admit, I'm still mostly in the "reluctant to use aids" category, so I haven't really pushed the issue with the cart nazis. But I do have to say... I finally broke down and used the wheelchair-with-a-basket-on-the-front-thingie at Hobby Lobby when I shopped with my mom and aunt a few days before Christmas. In recent months, my trips to the Hob have been limited to about 20 minutes or so. Thanks to ye olde wheelchair, we had a fabulous 2-hour shopping extravaganza! Mom has resolved to demand a prescription for a wheelchair the next time we see the neuro... she's tired of me pooping out on her shopping excursions. I told her so long as it has tilt-in-space (regular wheelchair just about killed my neck even with the Miami J on), I'll go along with it!

I've gotten very assertive about what I need. I've gotten dirty looks at Walmart when I've asked for cart. They don't have one at the door that I'm at then I ask them to call over to the other side. I've never had anybody say no they won't. Some of the greeters at Walmart automatically call over to the other side but some don't. I'll wait for a cart if I have to but if I can not get one then I can't go shopping. Of course I haven't been shopping for a while so it's become a moot point. I've come across a type of heart where you push the button with your thumb. I can't use that kind.

My dad and brother live in Ohio. My brother has his own power wheelchair but my dad has been having a lot of trouble with his feet. Walking around the store is very painful for him. If there's no cart at the door they go in the greeter will not try to find them one. He has to get my brother to go find him one. I personally would not put up with it but my dad is not very assertive.

Brooksea - where can I get one of your t-shirts? love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back