Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
For bulbarians:

Any kind of soup can be put in a blender (Vit a mix is great*). Whether you like homemade, canned or dry mix, just be sure to add a healthy dose of cream for extra calories. There is also Benecalorie that can be ordered through Walgreen's that can be added for greater calories.

Any food can be pureed, even steak. Just add beef broth before you mix and there you have it.

Consistency will vary depending on your swallowing ability. Adding mashed potato flakes or a baked potato will thicken and broth will thin.

*The Vit a mix blender will puree food in seconds, whereas a blender may burn out trying to do so. This has been a great help for me to keep my husband eating regular food. Now, regular food that has been pureed and thinned can go down the PEG.

That's good info CJ. I'm still swallowing ok but my "chew" is off. I was wondering about the vita mix blender.

Thank you for this info! I know we are about 2 steps from pureeing his food.

Hi just letting you know pureeing is also good for the tube feeding. have to strain it first and am adding olive oil for a extra cal and good oil boost. I make it the consistency of jevity (which we still use) it also helps the bowels to use "real" food. my husband has a trach(no vent) and still likes the taste of real food . With the holidays approaching, Im looking for ideas with max taste and easy to swallow any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks for the info. This really helps a lot. I will include this on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back