Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan, that is what I use to tell my kids as teenagers, "This is not a resturant and I am not a short order cook"...LOL

So sorry about your mom passing, what wonderful memories you have to look back on, That must have been so special to her and you. Hug

See ya all tonight at the P A R T Y!.....:mrgreen:

Saturday morning, it's a lovely spring day. I love looking at the garden and seeing the new growth. The change while I was in the USA was incredible, it really lifts my spirits. It's a pity the weeds have been just a vigorous.
I have bread in the oven again.....last loaf lasted a few minutes and a foccacia to follow. I told my son I would bake him what he wanted today and that's what he chose. It looks super yummy.

Susan, it was lovely to have been with your mum on the cruise, an awesome memory. My mum is looking a bit shaky and frail. It's a worry.
Dana, have a nice time with your dad. Burgers sound yum. Food again.

Helen, box his ears, or toss him outside.

At the Christchurch agricultural show yesterday, one of the heads from an axe came flying off the handle, while being used in a wood chopping competition......it went into the crowd and embedded itself into a spectators leg. Bad, but imagine if it had been their head.....ouch.

My mum just walked in, so better go. My dad has a remote control boat that he is going to launch in the pool. He is clearly bored as this is the third one he had purchased off our equivalent of eBay. Old folks huh!

Ouch! No more stories about axe heads flying off, I just bought my younger son a hatchet (along with 2 tarps, a new flashlight and rope) for his camping trip this weekend... called the Swamp Trip. Older son still surly...

When they were younger I could buy any brand of mac n' cheese, but now they're opinionated consumers... even though they're only the ones consuming, not purchasing. He says that the kraft brand makes him sick... lol.

Aly, sorry to hear that your Mom is getting frail... it's hard to see happening... Mine has changed a lot over the last few years as well, she used to walk 3 miles a day with her german shepherd, and now barely leaves the house due to her ailing hubby.

Hopefully we'll all grow old enough for our adult children to call us old! :) Instead of surly teenagers that is...

Hubby did vacuum a bit, just in the center of the hall from what I can see, and then left the vacuum in the middle of the hall... if you close the door, you'll see about 3 inches of dog hair behind it... but "oh, I don't feel good, I think I'm catching what the kids have..." Right. Like always.

So with all the talk about homemade biscotti, I bought some packaged ones to ease my craving with... not nearly as good, but I can toss a few to anyone who wants one! Watch out though, my aim ain't so good anymore!

Have a great Saturday Aly Pie!

Helen, sounds like your older, surley, picky son needs to get a job so he can buy his own food!

My new AFOs work so great! I just wish I could wear them with a skirt. They're not very feminine. Even if I bedazled them they'd look kind of clunky. But! I can walk like a human again! I'm so pumped about that! :D Sunday I'm going to a fund raiser/new building show off given by some friends. The theme is Tango and they're having professional dancers there! I don't think I'll be doing any Tangos though. AFOs are wonderful but to Tango would be pushing it me thinks. IT'S THE WEEKEND!

So Happy for YOU! Glad the Afo's are working so well for you....:) But still be careful and NO Tango....lol.

As my legs got weaker and other foot started to go, I thru mine in closet. But think I getting a couple new ones to see if it can help even though legs are weak, and knee keeps giving out. You have given me hope to try again. Thanks.:)

Marta, good to hear from you! You're right he does need a job, but can't find one... And it's hard for him due to his Asperger's, which is also why he's been so "off" right now. Potty mouthed boy, wish he was going camping this weekend, it's one of his favorite trips too... which doesn't help.

I don't walk any better with my afo than without it, it's my back and knees that are weak, my bum foot just sort of trips me... my dancing days are over, that's for sure!

They've made a huge difference for me. I really don't know how long it will last though. I only need a cane with them. I still use a walker quite a bit though just for safety's sake. Thank goodness for all the equipment! We are blessed!

Hi Sweet Ann!```` I hope you're nice and comfy cozy Dear One!

Well ladies, we should have a afo blinging business. Glad it's working out for you Marta
Isn't cold to build your own shelter. I guess kids dont feel the co;d like we do.

It's 6 oclock. I guess I should tell them I'm not cooking

Fab news Marta pie. Glad they have made such a difference. Enjoy your weekend :)

I will let the biscotti pass, just had fresh foccacia instead. Not my best, but pretty yummy.

We are having a basin and toilet put in our pool shed as we speak. Drilling, hammering. Hmmmm, might go out. Hopefully less wet dripping little people will walk through the house to the toilet. That's the idea anyway. Gosh it's only 1200 here, weird to think you are having an evening.
It's a quiet house( apart from the plumber). Family are away doing stuff. Just the 3 of us. Maybe I will get changed and paint the fence?

Have a nice evening everyone.

Aly, I am an hour ahead of you...Lunch time for me....hmmmm what to eat?

But Aly's on Saturday already and we're on Friday still. We're a day younger than Aly!

Helen, well with Aspergers I suppose he's entitled to be surley from time to time. I have a beautiful nephew with Aspergers. He's doing pretty well for himself Thank God. I went to a lecture by Temple Grandin who has Aspergers and is a Dr. of Animal Sciences at Colorado State University. There is an award winning movie starring Clare Danes about Dr. Grandin. Facinating!

I just tried to post to you Helen but it went to moderation. Look for it Lovely!

Hey, I found a really nice pen that says "Air New Zealand" on it... hmmm wonder where that came from? :)

Surly boy is better, brought pizza home from the supermarket, and let me tell you it was awful! It's usually really good... throwing away the shrimp scampi one, I've had it before (somewhere else) but this one is going to the dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back