Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they come to the house but my vet does it for $10. Glad your son is better.
Meg, smart thing, a neutral party makes one see things in a different perspective. Cals have a lot on the plate.
Aly, What would be a NZ regional food?

Regional food, hmmmmm try kiwifruit, lamb, kumara. Can't really think of much.

I can't find joyces blog. Any ideas?

Helen, I don't think it was the cold! Just relaxed I suppose. I need a holiday? Yea that must be it. I have been home for 5 days, must be time to get away from it all!

Okay I know what kiwi is, I know what lamb is but what in the world is kumara ?

Dana

Its a type of sweet potato. I have just started liking it, never touched sweet potatoes, but have recently found them rather nice.
How about Pouha and Kina? Pouha is a weird vege a bit like cress, I think. You see Maori people getting it out of the drains in the countryside. Kina is a really spiny sea urchins. You would not get me trying either!

I love sweet potatoes, my husband and I do a potato bake with them. Layer regular potatoes sliced, sweet potatoes sliced, lots of butter of course, a few sliced onions and cheese on top and bake it or wrap it in foil and put it on the grill.

Dana

Dana, That sounds yummy.
Aly, thanks, I was just wondering about your different foods. I'll pass on the urchins..............

I love fried sweet potatoes the best! Of course, nearly everything tastes good if you fry it. Dana, I may try that recipe as well... did you ever put any garlic OR brown sugar on it?

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.They gave Tyler a peg this last weekend because the ng tube can't be in that long. Anyway, he thinks the tube in his tummy is the coolest thing. He keeps taking a look at it and laughs telling everyone he has a cool tummy tube.
Here's where I cry, he won't be out until Christmas and that's a BIG maybe.
Fooey :(

Oh, the poor little one! At least he has a great attitude, it must be partly due to the folks around him, and his general nature. Sweet thing.

I remember when I was 3, my little brother was in the hospital over Christmas – I remember what toys he got (a yellow tonka backhoe, and an orange tonka plow)... we weren't allowed to touch them, they sat in front of the fireplace waiting for him to come home. I don't think he remembers anything, he had spinal meningitis, and though they gave him last rites, he's still with us today! Aly, you met Dickie down the Cape with his wife Kathy!

I am sorry Susan, I will keep my finger crossed and keep the prayers coming for you.
Helen we have never really tried anything other than just the basics for that but garlic or should I say gahlic sounds like a great addition. I have to be careful with the brown sugar, my husband is diabetic and we don't really care for the splenda brown sugar. It all has that nasty aftertaste.

Dana

Good DAY aLL.......:)

Oh Susan sorry tyler has to spend so much time int hat darn hospital, but so happy he is smiling at his tummy tube, I wil keep him in my prayers.

Silver, bad pony for shredding your blanket.

Helen could you pass a piece of that bread with some butter Please.:)

Dana.sweet potatoe french fries.The Best!...they also make sweet potato chips too...mmmmmm

Meg glad you are doing good and talking it out with another perpective really does help.

Another dull day for me, watch Storm Chasers all day yesterday, crazy guys driving into tornados...lol

Hi to all you others........:)

Coffeeeeeeee time.......oh ya and munchy things.

Isn't it funny, how we get used to our surrounding? What is mundane and everyday to one, is wonderful and new to another. I think about that a lot when I travel.
Di, a boring day anywhere in Hawaii, would be hard to understand. A boring day here would be hard to understand, if you had longed to visit this country. It's really quite funny. My idea of a good day out is wandering around Walmart or JCPenny.:) . I love looking at the different architecture in different countries. I always look at real estate magazines when I visit a place and get to look into the houses. Another warped idea of fun ( according to my family).

Di, how is your pwc purchase getting along? With it taking so long, it would be a good idea to order one way ahead of needing it? Thinking of you here Hell-on-wheels.

Susan, poor little Tyler. Would be horrible spending Christmas in hospital, but the staff usually make it fun. Pediatric wards always had great Christmas parties, Santa and heaps of cool donated Christmas presents. Hopefully he can have a bit of fun. I think it's great that he thinks his tummy tube is cool. What a delight. We could sure learn a lot from children.

Competition on Helen, my wholemeal bread with nuts and grain, in the oven rising. Lol

Suns shining and if the pool gets to 27, I am going for a swim.

Everybody have a nice day

Dianne, Joyce, Kimmie, Ann, Liz, Linda, Avril, and everyone else, bless you

Helen we use a dremel on Tinker's nails. I am phobic about clipping dog's nail as I drew blood once. Tink doesn't mind the dremel at all. We have a dog food store here that will dremel nails for $10.
Laurel

Aly with rain and more rain, 5 minutes sun then rain again, I am hanging out Inside my 21 ft rv so all there is to do is watch netflix, that is as long as I have connection which is 50% of the time. With limited walking abilities and slippery everything I am staying put. Ok had sun for a split second, beautiful clouds though and lots of rainbows...:), guess this is why we are so GREEN! I think I am growing webs between my toes...LOL....Maybe time for a trip to walmart..lol, geeezzz then I have to find someone to take me, never mind think I will climb Mt Everest today on nextflix,.... maybe, or watch a dvd.

Oh look at that, in the time it took me to write this there is the sun again...wow..now it's gonna be all muggy and warm....:)...till it rains again.

Lol, Di now I have your webbed toes in my head. Are your feet turning green? Where I live it's always green..........and lots of rain rain rain as well. I would take you to Walmart if I could. Love new stores, ours are small and boring AND expensive.
Better get my bread in oven then get out to the saddlery for that cover. Will have to find a nice colour to go with silvers eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back