Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly, I bet your cake tastes just fine...

I just put some of your wheat flour into my bread machine, used up the last of my regular flour... have it timed so when the girl gets up at 6 am, it should be ready... let's see if it comes out better than my last attempt! I need to buy some more flour and try your recipe it's much simpler than these are!

OMG Di, that sounds delicious, wish I was out and having another piece of decadent chocolate cake... yum!

Ok, I have my mouth as wide open as it can get....toss me a biscotti covered with DARK CHOCOLATE.....Im an addict cant you tell....
no coffee or I will be up all night....cold glass of milk sounds good.

sleep like bugs in a rug....gosh thats sounds terrible....
good night (kiss to Annie)

If I toss you some of my awful chocolate cake, it will give you concussion, Keep that mouth shut Sharon! Hate you to choke.
It was a new recipe, never again. Everyone seems to be enjoying it, Huh?

Suns shining. I will have to go buy Silver a summer rug. The flys drove her crazy last year so a summer sheet will at least keep them off her body. Seem like I will take her through this Summer. Not another winter though.

Hope your bread is yummy. I will make some tomorrow. We can have a bread baking competition, Just wanna win........love you too Hell on wheels.

Last edited:
Hello lovelies.
I'm with Di on the brownie thing. I wouldn't mind a Belgium waffle with strawberries and whipped cream.
Nina's candy is slowly disappearing and she's not eating it. Heh heh heh.
When does Diane get back from Vegas? I also have to check on Joyces blog.
Marta chicky, let me know how the brace goes tomorrow.
Helen, give us a health report on the kids. I hope tomorrow is better
Good night everyone, sweet dreams :)

Poor silver had got all caught up and her cover was torn to shreads. doesnt pay being a horse with cataracts. Definitely new cover required. She did look rather upset by the whole thing. She didnt seem to care about how much it costs and that was the second one she trashed. Naughty Pony

You sleep well. Hubbys out on the town, I wasnt invited. Must be worried I would cramp his style.......... I would he he eh....?
Sleep well everybody and all the travelers
Night night Ann Mwah

Aly, sorry to hear about Silver's troubles. I think you'd be a classic style cramper in the best, best of ways!

Well all, I'll be taking a tea party hiatus! Packing up to leave tomorrow morning for Vegas! My daughter, cousins from Canada and England and I are going there to celebrate my amazing Aunt 's 85th birthday. We have shows, dinners and a hot air balloon ride in the plans! I can't wait to see all of them!

Take care of yourselves. Have a great Thursday to Tuesday!
Love and hugs to all!
Mary

Any biscotti left, I missed out yesterday.

Dana

Mary,
Sounds like a great trip
, I'm jealous about the balloon ride! Take lots of pics.
Tom

Did I get the last piece? Sorry Dana... here, Aly inspired me with all her bread and I have a warm piece of beautiful homemade bread... smothered in healthy butter of course. I put it in the bread machine last night and timed it for 6 a.m. for my daughter, who didn't end up feeling well enough to go to school... yet again.

Mary, have an incredible trip!

I was supposed to go tour Vassar College tomorrow with the girl, but she's been sick all week, so no go. Anyone been there? Comments, thoughts on the music program if you did?

Missing you Kim and Ann... and Joyce you world traveler!

Oh thank you Helen, yummy !

Dana

The funny thing is about the bread... I kept waking up really early this morning, really hungry, smelling something wonderful... too lazy to get up and go downstairs to see what it was. I didn't remember until probably the 3rd time I woke up that it was the bread baking in the bread machine... tortured me!

Good morning all!
Have fun Mary!
I read Joyces blog. Amazing.
Helen, I think Helen Keller went to Vassar. Great school.
Waiting for the groomers to give the crazy malteses their clippy.

Oh my! Baking bread, brownies being thrown, and now I am officially starving! Good thing I have a wonderful schnecken to have for breakfast. I don't know how to spell it but I sure know how to eat it! :lol: It is a wonderful caramel roll with nuts on top. My parents get them at this wonderful bakery near Santa Cruz. I heat them in the microwave for about 20 seconds so they are warm and yummy! A perfect compliment to my cup of tea this morning!

I hope that this finds everyone well. I see we have had sick kids and frazzled ponies. I survived my cold so far. Last night hubby had the sniffles, but I am hoping that will be all. I need to make sure he gets a little extra vitamin C and clear fluids, just to be sure.

The best thing I have done since this journey began was to start seeing a psychologist. I had another appointment yesterday and I was able to really get a lot off my chest. And this guy is good. He listens. He validates when necessary and calls me on the silly stuff too. He also gives his perception of how a guy would be feeling going through all of this. And it allows me to go home and be a better wife, mother and caregiver. That is the greatest gift.

Today is a Constant comment kind of day. It is a chilly morning, but we are looking at a high near 70 today. Thinking if I get home in time I will take everyone for a walk.

Sending everyone love and prayers for peace and strength.
Love and light
Meg

Morning all, it's 4.30 am and I am back into my terrible sleep routine. Its weird cause I slept really well at Helens and for 8-9 hours. Now ping, lonely mornings watching crappy tv stations.

Glad your bread was yummy Helen and glad I inspired you. You inspired me beyond what words are capable of expressing, as I have said before, you are a spectacular lady.

Meg, if you get the right psychologist, they are magic. What a good idea to go see somebody, beats slamming your PALS constantly, like is sometimes done. Getting someone to help you vent appropriately and help you understand stuff from a mans point of view, is so important. Wow, you are just one inspiring lady as well. I am so privileged to have met you all. The one and only positive thing from this awful disease.

Hubby got picked up by the new neurologist in town, last night. He's been for dinner a couple of times, but I have never seen him dressed up in a suit and town, wow he was sooo good looking, what did I do.......walked into the wall while looking at his .........nice tie.

Ha ha, going to be in a better mood today. No grumps for me.

Kimberly, thinking of you my sweet. No doubt you are stuck in hospital. You just get better and get home cause we need you.

Aly

Aly you probably slept so well 'cause it was too cold to bother getting up! Otherwise it must be the fresh New England fall air (though it was more like winter)

Meg, glad you're talking and venting to someone that helps you... you always seem so upbeat here and full of joy.

Leaves are falling all around today, beautiful golds and russet colors... not much reds this year on my street.They'll probably all be down by tomorrow, supposed to get some heavy rains coming in today. Glad I don't have to go out today.

Son looks better today, thank goodness for the antibiotic, and fever is down. have to remember to send his marching band director a note to excuse him from marching tomorrow night. The younger one is going on the "Swamp Trip" camping trip this weekend, they have to construct their own shelter. Better check to make sure he brings the right equipment!

Susan, do the groomers go to your house? I know there are mobile groomers in this area... my dog needs her nails trimmed, they look like bear claws poor thing. I don't have the strength to hold her down and chop them off, and since they're black, I'm terrified of cutting them too close again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back