Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare she offer us food and then just disappear, watch out here we come.

Dana

Now ladies! Settle down! Come on over! You are all welcome now because the chocolate is finally on the biscotti! The last time I made these was winter 2011. Let's just say biscotti making is a better way to gauge the progress of this stinking disease...it took forever today!

However, success was achieved! It smells like chocolate, almonds and a bit of anise! Yummy! Enjoy! Oh, by the way, you guys that pop in are welcome too!

Good Day All you sweet people..:)

Coffee and Biscotti.....mmmmmm good! You dont mind if I dont dunk em, hate soggy bread... maybe I'll just lick the chocolate off..LOL Thanks Mary.

Sorry Dana you werent around last night or we would have shared with ya.

Helen I am hoping the kids get well real soon.

Susan see you at Mary's and save some for me.

Mary, are you out of the shower? Smelling of wet dog? If so I will have some biscotti.
I am going to make chocolate cake with a nice white butter icing, see if that will be better for the wedding cake. Will share that once it's cooked. My fridge is empty, I wonder what everyone ate when I was away?
It poured all night, now the sun is shining and beating down on my back, lovely.
Has 6 km walk to raise money for MND on Sunday, but alas I do not know if I could do it or not. Knee too sore. I need to go to the doctor and get paper work started. Blah.

Big NZ neuro conference in town today and tomorrow, Hubby is presenting his boring research! Apparently it's important! Went to dinner with the Biogen rep last night, he's taking me sailing next week, when I go train my new ms client. He mentioned they have high hopes for the DeX trial. Pity we don't have the population to do it here.

My MS trial results were amazing. I am thrilled to have worked so hard on a study that has had such positive results. Can't wait to see it come to the market. Yay yay yay.

Love and hugs to my great friends.

Sorry you have illness about Helen, must have left it behind

Biscotti sounds wonderful! May I have on please? (see I used my manners for that one)

The boy has pneumonia, so far the strep was negative, but they're sending it out to the lab anyway. The girl probably has the same virus but about 3 days behind him... sigh, no school tomorrow for him, she'll probably go, and Friday is Veteran's Day, so no school...

Helen, sorry to hear about your kids being sick. You get an extra biscotti for being a caring mom!

Aly, the doggie shower took about 1/10 th of the time of the biscotti! Of course you should enjoy a biscotti - maybe it will help erase the dog shower! High hopes for the dex trial - I'm in but I think mine is placebo. Trying to hang on until they release the real thing to all of us.

Di , I agree soggy biscotti = yucky! Nice and crunchy biscotti with a hot cup of coffee on the side!

Dana, sorry about the disappearing baker! You see, the computer is down in the family room and kitchen is up one level from there. Also - my only speed these days is s-l-o-w. I hate it, but I'm slowly (haha) getting used to it.

Ann, please enjoy a biscotti with us! You are always welcome at our table!

Love and hugs!
Mary

Hey all.
Helen. Poor kids, once they are on 24 hours of antibiotics they'll feel better. Z pack doesn't touch Ninas pneumonia. They have to give her steriods too with augmentin
Aly pick Mr biogens brain for info. My clinic just says it's good. I think I'm on the placebo too.
There is an Italian flavoring called fiore di Sicilian
I can only get it through. King Arthur's flour website. You use in place of sunset and vanilla. It adds such a different dimension to baked goods

Hooty Hoo everyone! Wudda day wudda day. We've moved all our servers at work so everything is different! Change sure is a pain in the patootie!Still don't have my AFO but supposed to be getting it tomorrow. All this talk of food is making me hungry!

Hi Ann!

Love you all!

I have to brag... I'm watching Jeopardy, and the question was "what year did Ben-Gurion become Prime Minister of Israel?" and I said 1948 without any thought. (Mostly because if I try to think of something, it's always there, just outta reach!)
Thank you Readers Digest of the 1970s... :)

Does anyone sleep on their side use a "side" pillow? they have them on a page that is named w o o t d o t you know what... thinking I may add them to my collection... :) Anyone ever use a pillow shaped like that? How did you like it...? thank you dahlings!

Speaking of pillows, one of my older lady customers bought me two king sized Ralph lauren goose feather pillows. I guess cause I always tell her how soft. hers are. made my day.

Does everyone know about the eyewriter? it's a nonprofit that created a low cost design for glasses used for typing on the computer... check it out and download the pdf for the glasses at: EyeWriter Initiative

I'm going to have my son make these one day for me! :)

I am sooo hungry right now.......

I am having thoughts of a........{{{{{{ Giant Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownie, smothered in Extreme Moose Traks Ice Cream, topped with Fresh Sliced Ripe Strawberries and Whipped Cream with a Cherry and Almond Slivers}}}}}}}}.:)

My cake is disgusting, sunk, boo hoo. Not good enough to share, sorry ladies.......reflects my mood :(

I like your thoughts Di, hmm ok guess I will eat a bowl of ice cream. what kind of cake, Aly my little baker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back