Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim, animals are smarter than most people. I'd rather be around a cat or dog than some people I know hahaha
Helen, My neighbor is from Verona (Romeo and Juliet) and speaks with a very heavy Italian accent. I grew up hearing broken English and know exactly what she is saying. Her dog is a hoot though. When I walk her I have to say Va, va,which means go.
Well time to phone my Dad. Every night at 930. He'll be snowbirding here in 2 weeks to Feb.
Your a nice Kiwi, Aly :)

Laurel- I hope you dont mind that I am sharing this....

Hi Liz,
I think if you could stick around and participate on the forum--and pretend to feel strong--it would mean a lot to Ann. I sense that she worries about you and I think it would ease her mind to know that you are handling things. Just my two cents Liz--as I think you have a special spot in her heart. No pressure. I just thought I would tell you what I think.

I too feel that the pending loss of Ann is unbearable. Love to you Liz.
Laurel

This is a PM I got from Laurel. And she is right. So, because i am choosing to listen to her wisdom- I am back.

YEAH!..........................:)..............:)............Happy Dance............~%%%-----%%%--####-----@@@..:)............:) Liz is bacK!

Liz, I'm happy your back. After Frances posted I felt much better. Di's back too doing the happy dance. Ann is reading and keeping up with us. It's a good night and hugs sent to each and every one of you.

We need to be super nuts! Whoops food again, darn it. Oh I made the yummiest seafood curry instead of pasta. Fresh ingredients, it was magnificent, best ever.......arghhhhhhhh food again.
1 month until Anna becomes Mrs Shaw..........I am gunn a cry, gallons
It's only 7.30 but I am in bed. Really tired

Good morning everyone,

I learned something very important yesterday. We should tell everyone we care about how much they are loved, not just when they are ill. So many people don't get to say what they want before it is too late. I am so glad I got to tell my mom I loved her and I gave her a kiss before it was too late. When she passed she knew how much she was loved. I think everyone should be able to know how much they are loved no matter what stage of life they are in. So to all of my friends here thank you for being you and I love each and every one of you. You make me smile and sometimes cry but I wouldn't give this up for anything. You give me strength when I am feeling sad and I have found people who are just as silly as me, and I didn't think that was possible. Thank you all for being true friends.

With Love
Dana

Dana,
That's a truly beautiful sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

To all hello! The news of about Ann had me in a bit of a funk the last few days. Just as so many times in the past 1.5 years, I've decided to snap out of it as best I can.

In that spirit, it's dog bath day! Now it's time for my 60 lb. baby in the avatar pic to have a bath. The days of hoisting her into the tub are finally over. The last time I attempted the lift, she slid down and landed on her butt. She extended her back legs with feet firmly placed against the tub. With her legs so rigid, I couldn't budge her! Now I leash her up, and drag the poor thing into the shower. I feel a bit like the executioner as I drag her across the bathroom floor. Once I have her trapped in the shower, she's fine. We'll see how long this method works!

I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday or Wednesday!

Hugs to all, Mary

Mary, I just did the same thing to my dog, who's a golden retriever/shepherd mix... Try using a large towel under her belly to lift her, or better yet, I'll send my 12 year old son to help! He's a gem :)
I get as wet as the dog does, as I have to sit on the shower chair, have the leash tied to the grab bar and use the hand shower... you'd think they'd like feeling better, but nooooooooooooooo, its a struggle every time! Good luck!

Aly, I didn't "like" your post 'cause you were tired, but for the food that sounded really yummy! I think I may have to go back to the Pic and use up my last gift card (I buy them for myself at a discount and then bring my kids out to eat for half price)

Looking forward to a beautiful day here (sunny and warm, no snow left anywhere, but lots of leaves and branches still down), and sweeter smelling dogs!

Joni, WATCH OUT...one big slobberly Kiss coming your way............:lol:.........

Kim you take good care of yourself in the hospital, or maybe it should be the other way around...they should take good care of you.

Liz I am gonna squeeze you so tight with this big hug coming your way......
((((((((((({{{{{{{{{{[[[[[[[HUG))))))))))}}}}}}}}]]]]]]

ALLY, ALL THIS TALK OF FOOD MAKES ME THINK OF THIS VIDEO: AINT SHE CUTE? ALL 800+ LBS!

Michael sent me some cartoons....I will try to upload one here for your giggles:

Attachments

• cartoon.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 128
Shea, our 160 pound Great Dane, used to love, love, love bath time. I have pictures of him as he had climbed into the bath with my daughter Zoe. :p In the last few months, he has suddenly decided that maybe the aren't as much fun. I tried wrangling him into the bath tub, but you can imagine how that went. I resorted to the hose and the backyard and I was happy with washing half a dog. :shock:

Hoping today is a great day for all! Thinking of all of you even if I am not here all the time. You are all always on my heart.
Love and light
Meg

Meg,
Thanks for the chuckle! My 13 y/o baby has never liked baths! Jump in the tub - haha - never happened! As for outdoor baths, that was a summer routine here until late this summer. When my standing started going rather "tipsy drunkish", I'd get all twisted up in her leash and she'd look up at me as if to ask, "What are you doing right next to me?"

Helen, thanks for the offers of help, but we manage in the shower - once the shower doors are closed, she caves in and cooperates. I pull her collar off and toss it out of the shower. When I could still lift her, I used to lock my fingers together under her belly. Since my hands and arms are worse than my legs at this point, gripping a towel and lifting it and a 60 lb. dog would be laughable. I fear even the dog would see the humor and be making guffaws at me!

Rainy, icky day here, so it's laundry time now after the shower!

Take care all!
Mary

Meg, let's hope you got the dirty half of the dog!

Dog analogies: hair of the dog that bit you... dog day afternoon... anyone else want to contribute?

Morning, love the dog chatter. My dogs live outside and seem to refrain from rolling in nasty stuff. Jake is 10 and had his first bath last year. I tied him to a post. He was a ball of misery. Ruby, jumped into the swimming pool everyday, she never smelt. I think I might use our disabled shower next time I bath Jake. Will have to make sure Hubby is away, cause they are not allowed to step in the house.

Mary , so do you strip off and shower with the dog, or just get soaked. The mind boggles!

Helen, I am off with my neighbor for a bike ride down to a lake. Will take my camera. No running till my knee gets better. Hopefully it won't hurt biking. I am now pretty screwed on the stairs. Sam helped me up last night? Like you only once a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back