Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, you are the best! Glad you're on our side by side.

Glad you're home safe and sound Aly Pie. Congratulations on raising a genius! :)

Dianne, I need pampering too. You've inspired me. I'll make my appointment tomorrow!

Hi Lnda! I see you!

Not home yet Marta, still in Boston.
Just said farewell to Helen, boo hoo. Now I have a sister, never had one before. Just wish we weren't 18 hrs flying time apart.
Boo hoo boo hoo boo hoo :(

Bon Voyage Aly Pie! It was nice to have you only 4 hours away. Be safe!

Aly, I miss you so much already! We are twin sisters of different (and wonderful) mothers, aren't we? It was so much fun shopping today with you and Linnea, and though I was the one sittin' the whole time, I'm exhausted too! Do you ladies (and gents) know that Aly switched rooms so I could stay over (the first one wasn't handicapped, so I couldn't use the toilet) and then ended up in the rollaway bed last night while my daughter and I had the adjustable comfort bed? So sweet! And after she spent 2 entire days in my house without electricity, freezing our butts off! Do you know that some people in my town are still out of power, and it went out last Sat night?

I missed you folks at tea, but we had a beautiful piece of 25th anniversary cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory that you can all have a bite of... it's much too rich for more than that anyway. :)

I have to go back to reality tomorrow, while Aly gets to sit on an incredibly long set of flights with a long layover... so send her some treats to keep her going til she gets home to her family. Maybe next time it will be better weather here, and some of her family will come as well.

Diane, that's great news about your house, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. We could all use some good news here! My realtor said that we may have another showing for someone who has been "keeping an eye" on my house, whatever that means...

Di, please feel better, it's tough to not be independent... I know it just gets harder and I'll be dealing with more soon... but for now, I'm very grateful that I have my nifty little scooter or today would not have been possible. Why does it seem that all of us on this thread were all so independent, and now this? Just doesn't seem right!

I love you all, and will check back once I'm upstairs in my bed. Aly, you wore me out shopping today, and we only did a little damage!

Hi all my tea friends,
I have been in Hawaii for a week and then came home and collapsed for four days. My Internet was down for three days. I have a lot of reading to catch up to y'all. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

What did yall buy me:)))))) just kidding.

Linda I am so jealous, I want to go, too bad you could not have seen Di.

Helen, miss you too. Bags are packed and wake up call is booked. Feeling really homesick and weepy since reading about Richards dog :(
Where are you sweet Di? Missing your baking.
Helen, I sooooo hope your house sells. It worries me so, with you walking up all those stairs. I am going to pray especially hard.
Dianne, hope that buyer for your ranch turns out to be legit.

Will sign in from airport tomorrow
Sleep well y'all and my sister Helen

Sleep tight all!

Cold has gone bye bye....but I will take your advice and rest up one more day. I switched from chicken soup to BBQ spare ribs and scalloped potatoes....that's why I know I am better...lol...I'm smiling with sauce all over my face and hands and shirt. Better take a shower tonight.
Love you all!

Signing off tonight :) relaxing with a cup of tea and peace and quiet.
Aly, safe travels, wish I could have come up to meet you. Maybe a Florida trip for you next time.
Helen. I hope St Joseph works this time.
Good night sweethearts, pleasant and restful dreams.

My O my, so much happening. Everyone is on the mend and move. That is a good thing. Traveling is one thing I have done a lot of over the last thirty years. Over four million miles in a seat was a great thing. Seeing all the cities and people gave me many a memories.

At the end of the day, I agree with Dorothy. I click my boots together and say, “There is no place like home.” Home is where the heart is, we share our hearts here and so it is a form of home to talk with each one of you.

I just close my eyes, climb aboard the dream weaver train. It would be so great to be able to sit down beside each one of you and share our hearts. There is something about looking into the eyes of another person. Communication is 90% body language and some 10% verbal. We manage to usurp the formula by adding our hearts as well.

Keep on keeping on girls, if you look at a pair of railroad tracks long and far enough, they seem to come together.

Have a very blessed day. Enjoy the cookies and cream filled long johns. Hot coffee and tea smells great. :)

Jim

Jim, you are so right in all that you say, rather peculiar in a man! Well men down under maybe.
I feel like I have known Helen all my life. I have close friends who I have never felt this way with. The first minute I saw her, it was just like lots of things clicked in place. I truly believe God had a very big hand in my visit. I felt very calm throughout, rather unlike me. I tend to regularly unravel when I feel insecure. Maybe that's the answer, I never felt insecure. Gods hand definitely.

My home is open to any of you on this group. Jim, you included. If you travel here, let me know. You can have a bed and a tour operator (me).

I have said it before, and I will bore you again. The people on this little cup of tea forum, are kindred spirits. You couldn't enjoy our chatter if you were not. There is love here, Helen and I just proved it. I fell in love with her mum, and we have the same birthdate, how cool is that?

I did not sleep last night despite popping a tablet, just too nervous about getting to the airport, but it took 5 minutes and I am sitting in the united lounge, food for the flight in my bag and my cup cake tower and suitcase checked right the way through to Auckland. That in itself was a relief because they were hard to handle and carry. I am happy to be going home to my family, and happy that Helen is going to get Skype so we can still natter( boy can Helen natter) he he he..........I know Helen, what happens in Southborough, stays in Southborough :)

Have a great day, Linda good to hear from you, anyone heard from Di?

Aly, the footloose Kiwi Gal

Aly have a safe trip, I am so glad you and Helen had such a great time together. I would love to spend some time with all of you, we need to come up with a big plan for all of us to meet.

Dana

Aly, you're right about meeting face-to-face and all those that we meet on this forum seem to have a special place in my heart. I met Kay Marie and Zaphoon. It was like we were family from the moment they stepped through the door-- and I guess we are on the forum. We immediately found that we have a lot in common besides our disease. Thank goodness for the disease or we would have never met.

This is a special thread with special people who share their personal lives with one another. And I just may have to look into Skype for Christmas. Wouldn't that be fun?

Have a great day, enjoy the Tea longjohns while I oversee Kathy. As we get the house ready for another showing. Please, light a candle, say a prayer, or run the Blarney Stone that this guy is for real and we have a sale before we head to Vegas on Monday.

Love you all very much. You give me hope, but more than that you give me laughs and of view into your part of the world. That is pretty darn special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back