Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I see how it' going to be with you, jim, you leave when the table is empty. You could at least pick up your dirty dishes and wash them! Who do you think we are, your Mother?

Well now that Jim is gone let's bring out the fresh bread Aly made and Lindsay made some deeelicious brownies!

Ann, I miss you! I check to see if your little light is shining and yes, it is.

Well have a wonderul or wacky Wednesday.

So much to do
So little time,

Kimberly

O my Kimberly, you should have seen that table when I got there, it was a mess. The tip
was gone, if there ever was one.

You can ask my wife, when I cook, the dish's are done when the meal is served. Can't stand
the mess. She will tell you my youngest son is also that way.
I have to be careful at breakfast time that the toaster is cooled down enough so I don't start
a fire. :)

I proof read the Zerox copies. :) Now, can take your plate?

Hugs,

Jim

Jim, you need to come over here and show my hubby and kids how to clear the table and do the dishes without me asking! The only one that used to just pitch in got tired of no one else helping!

drip....sniff....blow...I am happy I have enough air in my lungs to blow my nose still....lol....cold is not as bad as I feared it would be....

First off Kim, I dont believe God has any brand of religion that He is more fond of....He only cares about our hearts and where they are!

Yes, I am a Sister/Nun and we never retire....least not monastic sisters....there are retirement centers for priests and active sisters (teachers, nurses, ect) but not for contemplative nuns. But because I have ALS and I did not want to stay in my monastery, knowing that the care I would need was specialized. So I am now in a retirement center for active sisters, and I LOVE IT!

My monastery is paying for me being here through a benefactor who came forward when she heard I had ALS...if it were not for this benefactor i would not be able to be at the retirement center because my community does not have the bucks to pay for it....yes, I have a vow of poverty, and I am currently on SSI disability/Medicaid....plus the monastery is required to have insurance for all the sisters....so I am very lucky!

Joyce, what a trip! Haifa...I always wanted to go there, to Mount Carmel and the Cave of Elijah....bombs...OMG...be careful!
Liz, I hope your teeth and infection are being tamed by the anti-biotics.

Back to bed, folks, love ya but will not send kisses and hugs in case you catch my bug.

Hi all. Now I'm worried
Di usually posts by now

Hi, I am still here, just lurking about. Don't have much to say these days. Trying to screw my head on right. Tomarrow is my 1 year anniversary of my d x. Kinda hitting me hard, not sure why. I am also having to give up driving which just sucks! I am afraid to take my grandkids to help me anymore. I hate losing this independance, actually all of it. Maybe I should head over to the Pub and try and relax, ya right. Just wanted to let you know I am, well, ok, I guess. Doing this all alone, even though I have family, they still aren't on the same page with me, not do they ever ask what page I am on. I sound like I belong over in rants now. Probably why I should just lurk for next few days until this too passes. I love you all soooo much! Thanks for just being here.

Hi Lovlies! Sharon, my Aunt Mary was a Dominican Nun and lived at Marywood in Grand Rapids, MI and passed due to cancer several years ago. I miss her a bunch and talk to her from time to time. I hope you feel better soon Lady Poo!

You too Kim! xoxoxoxo!

Helen, I'm trying to teach my hub how to clean too but we have different standards if you know what I mean. And he's so handy with man stuff I hate to complain. Jim, will you come over here when you're done at Helen's? Please?

Sharon,

Thanks for the info and a special prayer for your benefactor. I, too, also believe that what is in your heart to be pure...golly gee, I lost my thoughts! Help me me please!

A true story....my great uncle, lived such a meager lifestyle. When he passed away, he left a fortune behind! He left $15,000.00 to each church in the area. He left it to the Catholic church, the synagogue, the Baptist, the Lutheran and 2 non-denominationals. He also left $50,000.00 to each of his remaining relatives and my father. I looked at my father and asked, "Was he trying to buy into heaven"? And the man had nothing in his home!

Well, I'm with Sharon: can't breathe maybe I will just go to bed.

Good Night Ladies.

Me too Di. Loving thoughts for you. Giving up our independance is hard, I agree. I'm a control freak and do my things my way until recently. Yup, maybe some pub action and music will soothe us. See you there Sweetie Pie!

The loss of our independence is probably one of the hardest things for us with type A personalities to adjust to. With each new loss we seem to grieve again.

Tim just took my power chair's drivers license away from me! :) The controls on the chair are in the wrong place and when I tried to remove my hands to get it slowed down, I can't do it fast enough and run into things. I just now ran into my computer desk knocking down to the floor my computer screen, my keyboard, my headset, and my mouse. The desk also fell over pinning the computer screen between the desktop and the window.

Fortunately all is working again; but as he left the room he said that I was no longer safe to be behind the controls! And he was taking my license away. Oh dear oh dear just when I was beginning to feel independent again.

The new part to free our range my joystick on the chair has been on order now for two months, and heaven only knows if it will get here before I destroy the whole house.

Di. A big hug to you. We are here for you. You should have heard me rant Saturday when I couldn't hook my bleeping bra.
Marta Bill doesn't see the same dust as I do.
Ann, Hugs to you too
To the rest of you tea-ers good night and sweet dreams

Hello...no dripping or sniffing...the nurse gave me Zicam..something you spray in your mouth every 3 hours...she said it might make the symptoms go away. I also took one anithystimine pill and I slept through the night with bipap and no trouble. Woke up and decided to stay in bed and watch movies and sleep....still using the Zicom...and now I am symptom free. Its amazing.

Diane, I wrap my arms and prayers around you gal...this will pass and you will find a new way to be independent...at least interiorly! I know I will freak when I loose my arms and hands...and my legs. But I just have to focus on what is good in my life now. We will all transition thru these tough bumps in the road. We can help one another.

Diane Oh my, I feel for you. Hope that the new setup for your joy stick shows up soon!

Good night all!

Well, I could come over there and show them how, but you girls (Helen and Marta) have been
showing them how for years and they still don't/won't do it. I wake up in 5th gear.
My wife tries to slow me down. Balance is the key I suppose.

All you girls need not worry, brownie's, muffins, cookies are all on the tables today. Coffee
and tea is on me. So, one day at a time sweet Jesus. One day at at time.

Coming in here to talk with you dear girls is such a pleasure and honor. Words are only
cheap when they don't mean anything. Here, we do take the time and we do use our
imaginations at times to bring laughter and joy. There is no harm in getting our minds
off of our individual problems and focusing our minds on memories and activities that are
real.

Tee time for a golfer is one thing. Tea time with you girls is another. I love tea time, hope
I can always be of help to your attitude and mental affirmation. You all are the best. :)

Got me some homemade chicken noodle soup from my Momma today. It is the best in the whole wide world, and if you doubt it, I will probably kick your ass.

Love to u all. HEHEHEHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back