Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night, dear ones. Sleep well :)

Hi All!

It's good to see power returning to the east. I hope everyone is well on this 1st day of November. I had a nice morning yesterday visiting teachers and kids at my old school. Only a few of the kids seemed a bit freaked by the walker, but once I chatted with them, they knew it was still their crazy old 2nd grade teacher. Now it's time to take down all the Halloween decorations.

Have a great Tuesday or Wednesday everyone!

Mary

Hey guys, it's been 4 pages since we lost power and froze. Defrosted now, yay. Never thought I would feel warm again. I now know why I hate camping and Hiking. These old bones do not like the cold!
I am too lazy to read it all again, but Liz, hope your teeth and jaw come right. Before I left I had to pay $1500 for dental work for my daughter. She was due to sit her final med school exams and had tooth ache. We had to get it solved so she would make it to her exams. Boy did that bill hurt! I told her that it was the last time. It was up to her from now on............
Made some lovely wholemeal bread as soon as the power came on last night. I had promised Andrew and had purchased some fresh stone ground wholemeal flour from an old mill. It was sooooooo coooooool having real flour. I am just off to have some for breakfast.
Looking back, it's now funny that I spent 2 days wearing, 2 pair trousers, 3 pairs socks, 5 layers of tankers and jerseys, and that was inside! Was still cold. A great tale to have for the rest of my life :)
Have some lovely snow photos. This area is amazing, so pretty, right out of a book.
Heading for Boston today, going to swan around in a swanky hotel. I am going to enjoy the pool etc. I have a case full of pop tarts and outdoor running gear for my girls, books for Sam and just have to find something for Liv, she is not a running a holic like the rest of the family. A pretty dress will do, if I can find one in Boston.
Well , love to you all. Pity Halloween was postponed so I never got to see trick or treating, but the power coming on and the joy of being warm, beats Halloween hands down.

Aly, the intrepid adventurer.

Good Morning all! It's chilly here too this morning.
Aly, the last time we (USA) had a storm like this in October was in 1865. My dad said 1000 trees were down or damaged in Central Park.
Mary, you are a brave woman to teach 2nd grade. I worked at Nina's elem. school until last year in various jobs around the school. I was laid off a day after my diagnoses due to huge county budget cuts. It's a shame what teachers have to take from kids and parents. In Florida their hands are tied and the kids know it. I saw a huge change in 7 years. It keeps getting worse. Three friends retired at the end of last year. They have had enough of it.
Di, I need a scone :)
Have a great day

Mary we will be leaving Vegas the day you arrive. We'll be staying at the Venetian Hotel. Last time we were there we stayed at Mandalay Bay and saw The Lion King. I think you will really find it impressive.

Hi All, we went to see the U.S.S. Constitution at the Charlestown Navy Yard today, and I delivered Aly safe and sound to her hotel (as she would say, her "posh" hotel!) Unfortunately, not too handicap accessible, the pool is all stairs, no elevator! So much for me sitting by the pool with her tomorrow night! Poor thing, she was so cold this weekend without heat, but still so cheerful about it all! She's spending the night in blissful solitude away from my crabby kids, who were home from school today as half the town didn't have power. Only my middle schooler is going to school tomorrow as our regional high school is in the next town, and they still have major outages. I think she's exploring Boston and Fanuil Hall tomorrow, while I get some work caught up, and we're meeting up in the city tomorrow night, as Linnea has a college thing to go to as well.

So while we didn't get to half the places I wanted to go, we still managed to have some fun... Liz, I wish you had been able to come too but it was definitely for the better due to your ailments and the lack of power here. We'll have to make plans for next spring or summer to come out here for a bit.

Now I have to remember to get some pecan pie, Aly still hasn't found it!

Good evening, Ladies and any Gents who happen to be flying by,

I don't know how Liz did it; but I'm down with her cyberbug!

I guess it's time for me to schedule that hospital stay! Having a hard time coughing it up. Will take any suggestions until I get a room and money for a hotel room. If need be can go to er if it gets that bad.

Well our family has officially fallen apart. I have written a letter to my parents to be mailed tomorrow. Four days from tomorrow I will be sending e-mails to the other families officially terminating them from our lives. I feel that by shunning my parents would be like giving them a death sentence. I never wanted this and definitely not for my parents.

So, now on a lighter note, fresh bread, Aly you need to come here and stay. You already know what its like to live in a house without heat! This will be our third winter without heat. It's not too bad after the first year.

Diane, I haven't heard any news onthe house? Did he come? And have a wonderful time on your trip! Can I fit in a suitcase and tag along?

I asked my 3 oldest girls, kthat if they ever go to a concert to please take Matt and Grayson. I never got to go to one and I want them to have that experience. They have been to College Football games and to pro baseball game so I have those covered. So much to do and so little time....

Kimberly

Avril,

It is wonderful to see you! I have truly missed you.

Kimberly

And Helen, are you hiding the pecan pie from Aly? You can tell me where it is, I won't tell.

Kimberly

There u are Kimberly! We were getting worried. Will you pm me please. im confused. why are you staying in a hotel? and what is going on and what do you mean? I love you girl

Don't worry Liz, I will always have your back and everytime you look in the mirror you will always see me! I LOVE you my wonderful sister...

So much to do
So little time,

Kimberly

Okay, guys...I feel like I'm having a one-sided conversation here. And you know what they say about people talking to themselves?

So much to do
So little time

Kimberly

Kim are you ok hon, I am here, and sooo sorry for everything going on with youLove You! Aly and Helen hope yall are warm by now..

Oh, Joni,

I'm just peachy keen. Cleaning all the skeletons from my closet and my head. I have just come down with the nasty cyberbug,that my wonderful new sister Liz gave me. If it gets too bad it's, "Heigh ho, Heigh ho, it's off to the ER I go.

Sooo..how are you to this chilly, aw he((, this cold night?

Have i told you how much I appreciate you, just for being you? Well I'm vtelling you now, you and all my new family members, how much you are loved!

So much to do
So little time,

Kimberly

You are special to me, and us too! It is not that cold here yet. It was in the 60,s today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back