Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmm...sounds good Susan! It almost always either snows or sleets at Halloween here. For a change it's supposed to be nice this year! Yay!

My Dad said they got less than an inch on Long Island. Bill's brother lost power in Rockland county. NY .
Good night everyone, hugs to each and every one of you :)

horrible day today... this damn tooth. guess i should say teeth.
I broke down and went to the dentist. had an xray. need two teeth extracted. both are horribly infected, hence all the pain. got a rx for antibiotics and pain killers. he also gave me two shots to numb me up. he said it would last six to eight hours. WRONG
It lasted two. And the pain pills didnt touch the pain. Ive been in misery all day. The dentist wont take the teeth until the infection clears. so ive been taking 750mg of vicodin and then two hours later 600mg of ibuprofen and then two hours later more vicodin. I am just now having a slight bit of relief. but now im all loopy on pain pills and sort of scared to sleep because i noticed im breathing very slowly and shallow. Have to wait until Wed to have the teeth out. Also have to come up with $400 by wednesday, as i dont have insurance and they want their money up front. Guessing I wont get to have them pulled. ugh. why havent any of you done what i asked? SHOOT ME!

O Liz this is terrible! I am so sorry you are in pain and that you have to wait til weds. to have them pulled...is there a dentist school somewhere you could have them pulled for a cheaper prize. Hey gals, lets pool some money together and send to Liz...I got an xtra $50 bucks....liz PM me your address, ok?
Liz dont worry about your breathing...I took that much vicodin after my peg surgery, and my breathing aint all that great and I survived.
I wish I could make your pain go away honey....

Liz I will shoot you if you over do those pain pills! Try an old fashioned remedy. Get a tea bag and dump some salt on it and place it in your mouth next to the teeth. Just leave it there for several hours. It will help draw out some of the infection. Sometimes that teething liquid for babies rubbed along the gums helps a bit. I know tooth abscesses are just awful, but PLEASE don't over do the vicodin. You might get lucky and the antibiotics will settle the infection enough until you can save up the $400. A great big hug being sent to you.
Laurel
PS When I worked in emerg., patients were frequently given what I call the combo for pain. 3 Tylenol and 2 Ibuprofen (yes 5 pills at once) every 4-6 hours for 24 hours maximum. This combo seems to work on all sorts of pain. I have to advice you to run this by your doctor first. And the Tylenol is plain Tylenol--not extra strength or with codeine.

Sorry your having such pain with your teeth Liz, hope you get some relief soon.

Where is Linda? I think she might be in Hawaii?
Liz, I pm'd you. Once the antibiotics kick in the pain should be more manageable. DON"T lay down, try to sleep propped up.

Where is everyone today? Quiet Sunday here, Nina and Bill went to see Ty today. Brought him tons of presents and candy. He starts chemo tomorrow so this week he'll be down.
See you all later,

Ouchie Liz! Yes, the antibiotics should help with the discomfort. I've got an extra $25 if we're taking up a collection. Tooth pain is the worst! How are you feeling today?

Quiet here too Susan. We did the breakfast/read the Sunday paper/clean up the kitchen thang. Laundry is being started by Bradley. He tried to install the Dragon but it wouldn't load so we'll try later.

Lori, I couldn't see your pictures I guess because we aren't FB friends. Want too? If so, I'll forward my FB name. There's only 1 of me. Lemme know.

Hi Ann! Thinking of you Lady Poo!

I hope you all are having a great Sunday!

Last edited:
Lori, I can see them now. I guess I didn't have my FB account open last I tried. I'm looking now. ;)

Oh Lori! It's all so beautiful! Made me get teary too. I always cry at weddings. You and your family are beautiful!

Love,

Marta

Lori, thanks for posting the pictures, what a beautiful family! Congrats again!

FB said unavailable. What did I do wrong?

Lady Ann, hugs to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back