Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Lafayette
Kevin woke up Wednesday morning having trouble breathing. I called the EMS service and they brought him to the ER. The Pulmonologist ordered a chest CT and they found some small clots in his lungs. He is currently being treated with Lovonox and Cumedin to break up the clots. Hopefully, he can go home on Monday.

He is also getting his Rehab Chair on Wednesday. Our Life Group purchased a Handicapped van for us, so we can be mobile. God is so good to us!

Prayers for you and your PALS! Yes, we are blessed!

I also am Praying for You and Kevin. Big Hugs!

Hope all goes well!

Give him a hug and tell him he's in our prayers.

Gina that must have given you both a real scare. I think there is nothing scarier than breathing trouble. Saying prayers for Kevin, and take care of yourself--a nice glass of wine to relax might be warranted.
Laurel

Best wishes to the both of you. Glad the clots were caught early enough. I agree with Laurel... wine!

Good to know that the clots were small and found early so he could be treated. Question - has he been taking Rilutek? Just curious. My husband had clots and the docs wondered if the Rilutek might be responsible. Congratulations on the lift van and the chair. That should make life so much easier for you both! Hope he is home soon.

Gina my ptayers are with you and your family..

Hi

Just a word of caution. When I had the clots in my lungs--I asked for and had CTs done of my brain and ultrasounds of my legs. I had clots there, too.

Make them be sure they haven't missed a clot!

I was in the hospital 30 days--I'm surprised they are only keeping him a few. it takes time to get the Warfarin levels correct to prevent more.

Kevin stayed in the hospital for 8 days. He is home with nurses coming every day to check his INR levels. Today they were 2.8. He is doing well. We actually went to the Saints game in the Superdome yesterday!

That's great news, Gina! Hope things stay on an even keel now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back