Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz, It was for a reason, they are getting one heck of a storm and traveling is going to be a nightmare this weekend.
Get to the dentist, nothing worse than a bad tooth. I'm glad your feeling better :)
Good night all. Nina has her friend sleeping over. Nice girl. Half Japanese and very respectful. Her mom takes her to Japan every summer so she knows her culture and language.
See you all tomorrow

Where is everyone?

Hi All,

Liz, you're lucky that it worked out the way it did, since the flights out of Boston tomorrow are going to be delayed and/or cancelled... We took a bunch of pics yesterday, took Aly to 3 different beaches: Craigville Beach in Centerville, Sea Gull Beach in South Yarmouth and Chatham Beach, in you guessed it, Chatham! Bonus lighthouse with that one... Beautiful sunny, and COLD and windy. Think Meg Ryan hair for both of us! I'll try to post some photos later on.

Have a bit of shopping to do today, need to replenish all my batteries since we had the hurricane, and let's see, the necessities of life: toilet paper! :) Going to visit my Mom today as well, and think we're going to be baking cookies, cupcakes and monkey bread tomorrow, hopefully the electricity stays on! We'll throw some out to you all.

If we're not on tomorrow, it's cause a tree fell down on the power lines somewhere... they still have all their leaves (which is unusual for this time of year in itself), and the ground is not frozen; so up to 10" of heavy wet snow is definitely going to cause some issues. I really don't think we're getting that much, but maybe we can get Aly to build a snowman!

Love to all, will check in later on! :)

Oh Susan, I never met Martha, but her vineyard is fabulous!

Poor Aly, Matthew is following her around with a copy of the Element Table, asking her what each one is... :)

Didn't do chemistry, but got most right. I ditched him at the bathroom door, but alas he was waiting to pounce after my shower.......just kidding.
Heading off to Target and meet Helens mum.
Have a frickin good day y'all.

Aly, Got pumpkin pie all over my face...would lick it off but my tongue is atrophied...lol...but i can still use my hands thanks be to God!
dark chocolate popped right in my wide open mouth...good shot! MMmmmmm.

Hey Aly I hear Qantas is shut down due to striking employees. Is that your carrier for going home? Hope not!
Laurel

.......(whispering).....Wow.....soooo quiet in here today............where is everybody?

Baby Ruths...Check! Whoppers...Check! Pepperming Patties...Check! Reeces Peanut Butter Cups...Check! Smarties...Check! Peanut M&Ms...Check! Hershey's Candy Bars...Check! Starburst...Check! Pumpkin...not carved yet but gutted! Head Stone with skull on it...Check! Almost ready for the ghosts and goblins. Brushed Nickle Grab Bar for the bathroom...Check! 60 degrees...Check! All is well in the Land of Love.

Had a girlfriends FAC (Friday Afternoon Club) at one of their houses last night. We had a great time! Lots of food and laughs and some good beaujolais. Our club name is EEE (Evil Empire Escapees) since we all used to work for the same company and two of us still do. I probably won't be in the next month or two. A good time was had by all. Wish you could have come too! You would have liked them.

Brad's been industrious today and I just look good. ;) I'm being sort of lazy. Hanging with the kitties and reading and eating Halloween candy. No more baseball till the spring so it's ice hockey till then. We have a local East Coast Hockey League AA team here in the Land of Love and we're fans. I never liked ice hockey until I started to hang around with Brad. Whoda thunk it? I'm a fan of Hockey and Nascar because of love.

Marta you will have to get into rugby. Helens SIL and I had a good chat about the hunky Allblacks!

It's snowing here, Helen is just getting some photos organized to post. Bread is in the oven and boys are eagerly awaiting it's departure from the oven and arrival in their mouths. Hope it tastes ok. Couldn't weigh out 15 grams of salt so just chucked some in. Fingers crossed.

Sharon napkins coming your way ..............chuck.............for the pumpkin pie and chocolate dripping from your face:)

Laurel, never fly Qantas, they ate Australian.:) met a couple on my flight to LA, I asked them why they had flown from Australia to NZ then caught the air new Zealand flight to LA. They said to avoid Qantas and Air New Zealand was the best airline. It sure is.

Lori, hope the wedding was great. Wow, still can't believe it.

Well love to you all.......from the new American Gal.

Wish you would stay Aly Pie! I knew a guy back in the 80s in Oklahoma that played Rugby. It looks painful! I guess I could give it a shot though. I do love sports of all kinds. Love you too Aly! I'll take some of that warm bread with lots of butter please!

Hi !...sounds like you all are having fun...:), mmmmm, nothing like fresh baked bread in the Whole wide world, smothered in butter...OH YA! Toss some this way too!

Marta sounds like you night out with EEE was Great, so happy for you!

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May YHWH hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

Ah yes Di! An Irish Blessing isn't it? Lovely! We did have a good time. They're a good bunch of girls and I love them.

I'm heading over to Marta's house. She's got the good stuff.
We get about 70 to 100 kids so Bill stocked up.
Aly, do you have Target or Walmart in NZ? You two have fun and Stay warm and cozy!
In all my years it never snowed on Halloween. Poor kids :(
Went to a gluten free pizza place. Not bad at all. Had stuffed mushrooms, tomato basil soup and a yummy roasted eggplant, onion and fresh mozzarella pizza Gelato for dessert.
Check in later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back