Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
You two need to go to bed! It's 1:30 am do you know where your friends are? Ring a bell, Helen? Go to bed!

Looks like I am up with all that night owls tonight. Just can't sleep -- and that isn't usually a problem.

I had a full day yesterday (Thursday). I saw the pulmonologist and asked him about the diaphragm pacer. While he thought it was a good idea he also gave me food for thought. He said that the price that is quoted does not include as a lot of the extras and I should be sure I know exactly what the cost to me it's going to be. He also said that it would require traveling back to the surgeon on a frequent basis and am I prepared to go to all Ohio every few months. Not. Then he also said that before, I would consider the diaphragm pacer I need to give serious consideration to a feeding tube. Oh so much to think about. Sometimes I wonder if it would just be better if all of these options are available. No wonder my head is hurting tonight.

After we saw the pulmonologist we went by the optomotrist"s office to have my glasses, straightened. You know all those falls for a taken has really been hard on them. :) Anyway while I was waiting for the girl to fix them can ask her about the titanium frames that bend it and twisting you can turn into a knot. Ended up getting a new pair of frames and taking them to the lab across town where they ground the old lenses down to fit into the new frame. Maybe that's what's giving me a headache!

We had dinner in town before we came home and got ready for bed right away. It wasn't long before I had a headache that woke me and I haven't been able to get back to sleep. I wonder if I have caught the flu bug from Liz. Sure hope not.

Anyway, I woke Kim and asked him to help me get into my chair and I would go to the office and work on the computer a bit. He grumbled, but helped me and asked if I wanted a stronger pain pill. No thank you. I'll just see if it will go away with a plain ordinary tramadol. And whatever crumbs might be on the tea table!.

No snow here Aly -- you might want to hop on out to South Dakota and put Massachusetts on a spring trip! giggle

Allen,

Do you ever sleep?

Diane,

I have never gotten headaches before last week or so, so I feel for you. Are you sure they ground them right? They may be a tad off causing your problems. My headaches; I believe are from the changes in the seasons. Never had allergies before, not until we moved into this house. I have 2 rooms left to do and there should be no mold in the house; but what is lurking upstairs in the attic, is not for my eyes to see! I hope you find out soon what is causing yours and you get some relief. And yes? You may have caught that cyber bug from Liz! But I hope not; it surely sounded awful

Hope your feeling better, Liz! Maybe you were drinking a little more than tea! You can tell me, nobody is listening!

Aly and Helen,

The 2 of you have exhausted me! But that could be my age. I do believe I am older than the 2 of you.

Aly,

When we had our 1st foreign exchange student, we would take him to the mall and he would buy 5 pair of jeans and mail them home. After the 3rd time, I asked why wasn't he wearing them. Apparently some countries (his being Colombia) would only allow certain items into the country and those jeans were considered a big ticket item. Go figure; what we take for granted, is banned in other countries. So fill those suitcases!

And his father managed a coffee plant, and he would send us kilos of coffee. So funny looking to see the coffee in bags like that. And their coffee was ground so fine, it was like baby powder! And strong! It took me about 2 weeks getting the right measurements.

Well, a Good Morning to you all and I still have 1 fly in my house. Must be Jim watching over me. Thanks Jim but we should be watching over you. My dear friend, how are you?

Good morning everyone,

Woke up this morning to find .............. NO SNOW yes, yes, yes. I am so happy, no one has to trudge through the snow to come to our party tomorrow. I am really excited for the party and I wish you could all be here for it. Come on there is still time anyone want to come to the party? I bought two bottles of apple schnapps, I know that will tempt some of you.

Dana

Would come if I could DD.
Snow has stopped, sun is shining. Helen is driving me to Cape Cod. Lending me a warm coat and fluffy boots.
Can't wait yay.

Jim thinking of you too.

Kimmie that darn fly deserves to live!

Learnt a new word...... Have a good frickin day y'all.

Ann. Thinking of you last night. Couldn't get you out of my head. Are you ok? I am a bit worried cause you kept me awake :(

Dianne hope you recover from your tiring doctors visit and don't get sick again. You just got over your last bug.

Love y'all. Remember have a frickin good day! I am thinking friction is probably a bad word so better lay it to rest.

Have a really good day.

helen I had one of those back massagers...guess who chewed the cord uo?BAMA..little butthead. I too would love to go to Martha's Vineyard.

Aly I hope you have a frickin good day also, enjoy Cape Cod.

Dana

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween, don't eat too much candy, oh okay go ahead it is Halloween after all, tis the season to eat too much.

Dana

I'm slipping in to say HI! Had a medication which didn't agree with me, an accumulating effect. Will be back, and am sorry to spook you, Aly.
Love,
Ann

Susan, it was 80 on Monday, 50 on Tuesday, 30s and snow on Wednesday (10 inches in our back yard), 40s yesterday and meltage, 50s today, 60s for the weekend. Whew!

Last edited:
Good morning all,
Helen a Nor'easter!? lucky Aly. Tea and food to pass the time. Martha's Vineyard must be heavenly, have fun.
Nina had trunk or treat and a dance after school and a party tomorrow night. Lucky kid.
Ann, take care.
Joni, Felicity the crazy maltipoo does the same thing

Hi Ann! I'm thinking of you too. :) Joni, wish I could give you a good massage! I know that pain! Muah! Ally Ally Ally, I wish you and you too Helen a wonder filled frickin day too! Helen, what are you doing corrupting our little Aly? I'm glad at least that you introduced her to Punkin Pie! Dana, Brad brought home 5 bags of candy and a pumpkin! We're ready and have already tested the candy to make sure it's okay. I'm still not sure yet.
Howdy Dear Avril! Kim, you know I love ya!

We tested a whole bag of snickers :)

Yup, I think I'll test the Baby Ruths when I get home. :)

Crap, Bama had gotten my glasses while I was gone one lens popped out, got to take them and have lens put back in. At least he did not have time to chew them up. I always put them up before I leave, and the one time I did not..boom. Ok I want some candy too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back