Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, so so sad about Eddie, imagine having a friend like Jim, what a blessing. I certainly don't have a friend that would care like he did, a mountain of a man, makes me all teary just thinking about his devotion. Better not cry, everyone will stare at me.

I am here in the united lounge, free Internet yay. Decided to pay for breakfast, so paid the $ 25 and then wasn't very hungry, what a waste, still ate plenty to fill my tummy. Ihave just got some chocolate in case Ivey hungry on the plane. Oh and I could break into the 2 lbs of chocolate I have for helen on my carry on.

I see in this lounge they have bagels and stuff. Argggggg I keep doing stuff all wrong. Ihad a discount card for the van to the airport. When I booked and paid for the transfer, they said they never used that company so wouldn't take my card. Guess what......yep that was the company they had booked me with.

I have worked out how I buy things and get things I don't want. People talk to me looking away, they don't look you in the eye when they talk, so I either think they are talking to someone else or misunderstand and say yes! Perfect example of the receptionist asking me " Internet" Internet". Looking away from me. Huh. I said pardon.......do you wNt Internet acres she said, still avoiding eye contact. If she worked in the hospitality service in NZ she would be sacked! Enough gripping. You will think I am a whingeing pom.

Getting on plane soon, so farewell all. Boston next stop

I'm very sorry your first welcomes were so poor. Aly, may it be over and forgotten soon!

Ha! And they say that Bostonians aren't very nice! Or maybe it's just the folks who work in the airline industry? Have to take a "rude" test before they can be hired...

I've met some rude ones but some truly wonderful ones. They're everywhere. Just smile at the rude ones Aly Pie. They might be carrying a heavy load themselves.

Marta, you're too nice!

Aloha, ……… G’ day Mates, …..Yo wuz up?, …..Howdy Y’all,……Elow Chaps…… Hey……Hello,……Hi……. Top‘o the mornin’ ta ya,… …Hola…..Mombo……what you sayin’, Bui/Bey?......Salut……Salam…..Shalom!

So how are all you busy little beaver today, wow, so much going on for all of you. World travelers be safe, have fun. The rest of you homebodies, just relax and have a great day, smell the roses, feel the wind on your face, listen to the birds singing......just enjoy today!

I am trying to plan my trip to Lake Tahoe for Nov or Dec, I want to see snow but want nice days also to get out see thing. Maybe half and half. Still thinkin on it.

I need COFFEEEEE, a muffin would be nice also...? Missing all the goodies......:)

Di, sending you a brownie with chocolate chips in it... or you can be healthy and I'll toss a freshly picked apple over to you!

Lake Tahoe sounds nice, I'd prefer seeing it without the snow thank you very much... had wayyyy too much of it last winter around here! The snowbanks were so high at the end of the driveway, regular cars couldn't see over them! Being in Hawaii for so long, I'd probably wouldn't mind seeing it for a few days.

Aly,.I'll take that brownie now, Thanks..:)

I only want to see everything turn white, That is what I would like to happen while there, but the weather is not up to me...lol...Funny thing is The house they built and lived in for a long time is just adjacent to their newly built house. They had bought the two lots way back when and after watching the lot across the way always have very little snow build up while their lot had a 4 ft high wall out front, snow all around.
They then built a house on that lot and are now in the perfect spot while looking back across the street at the house with all the snow piled up...LOL...:) true story.

That's funny about the snow... we have the same problem with leaves in the fall... all the ones across the street blow over to our yard, so we have a 2 foot pile of leaves, and they have none. And to make it worse, they have landscapers clean theirs up, while we're out there in the cold late Nov early Dec when the oak leaves finally decide to fall!

Getting picked up in a half hour to go to the airport!

Liz, how are you feeling? Did you cancel your flight or rebook? :)

Is Liz not coming Helen? Liz aren't you better yet?

I am not ok. I dont think I have ever been this ill with the flu before. And now that I keep thinking about missing my trip, i cannot stop sobbing which isnt helping with the sickness.
When I think about how hard I had to work to get things all in place to make this happen... all the people that had to go out of their way to help me go... someone to watch my daughter. people to take care of my pals... roomate had to find alternate care for her kids... the troubles Aly went to for me, and Helen too... I just want to curl up and die.
Helen, I put the ticket on hold.

Oh my Liz, that sucks big time, but you know this is not your fault! You can not help getting sick! Love you Liz hope you feel better soon:) Love the rest of you here too...Mucho!Just tired, got a lot going on, and don't want to be a party pooper here, does not mean I don't care about you all:)

Oh, Liz,

I am so sorry! Have you been to the D r.'s yet? They could have given you the Tami flu. I so much wanted to see your face the first time you got to see the ocean!

I will pray extremely hard that you will be healed quickly!

Living with no heart,

Kimberly

Kim you do have a heart too, take that off your posts, and put Kim with the big heart!

Kim I dont have insurance so i dont go to the doctor unless its an emergency.
Im just so disappointed. these sorts of things (going on an awesome trip) just dont happen for me.
so many folks came together to make this work and now i cannot go. i have a little guilt, but mainly just feeling sorry for myself.
i guess with being sick its harder to deal with, but in a way I feel like someone I love just died.
this sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back