Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leaving too early for take out! Maybe I can get something at the airport? Are you allowed to take food on the plane? The people at the airports are pretty unfriendly:( I get scared to ask anything? They might arrest me.
They asked me at customs if I liked marmite? I said I hated it. Apparently nzers like it. I could hardly remember my birthdate! I looked nothing like my passport photo. It was nerve wracking!
I must look suspicious!

Allen,

It's good to see you here. I was getting worried about you exploding. Please drink this cammomile tea I made for you. And I might be able to scrounge up some "good" brownies, too! And if that won't help, yo can always meet me in the pub for a drink or two or three. Seems like Kim is on vacation, so the drinks are on him!

My heart is torn in two,

Kimberly

Aly, you can buy food at airport but it will cost you an arm and a leg....if you have the time. You can bring food on plane I believe, I've done it before....Crunchy granola bars....they will give you coffee or juice or soda on the plane....Have a ton of fun with liz and helen...(praying for you liz that you are not sick.)

Thanks Sharon. You gave me a good idea about taking something like a granola bar. If I can get my bottom off this bed I could walk down to the shops. Thanks.

Well it's official my son was born 32 yrs ago and still no word. Why is it I feel like the bad guy in all this?

My heart is gone,

Kimberly

Kim, you are not at fault. He will come around. He has a lot to process. I have a feeling he will call soon and want to talk.
Aly, My dad always packs food when he flies. Usually a ham and cheese sandwich and cookies. No drinks though with the restrictions.
I was looking at flights to Boston last night. Very pricey since it's at the last minute. Bill keeps telling me to go. Aaakk!
Good night all. Chocolate awaits!

Go go go. Moneys for memories, not for stuff, that's my motto. Ha ha. Ham sandwich sounds nice.

Kim, now you listen to me and listen carefully.......... You are a great person, a great mother. You have been given a huge weight to carry on your shoulders. Everything that has been going on in your family is huge, gigantic. As Susan said there is a lot for everyone to process. It's going to take everybody time to sort it all out in their heads. Ultimately it's the individuals choice, how they will deal with it. There is squat you can do about it.
What you can't do is let this destroy you. At the moment you are the most important person in all of this. You can be as selfish as you want. Don't let it break your heart, hang on for the sake of your children. You are so incredibly brave,
Love you girl, and I wish I could help. If it wasn't for your kids, I would pick you up and take you home with me. But they need you.

In case anyone is interested, my 1500th post on the board went up tonight. Look in the "Do I Have ALS?" forum for "Some Advice to Questioners, from an Answerer." Not that it will do much good, but it was worth a shot. Feel free to add things that I might have missed in the thread.

Kimberly hang in there --as Aly says it will take family time to process things. You are special and there is no fault on your shoulders. You only feel that way because of what has happened to you. You are a valuable wonderful woman. We get to know people here on the forum and we know you and what is in your heart. We love you and care about you. It is time for lots of self talk Kimmie i.e. I am beautiful and I am loved.
Laurel

Aly and Laurel are right Kim, I could not say anymore except Love You!

Susan, I keep telling you if you want to make banana bread, you have to wait for the bananas to be overripe BEFORE you try to squish them by falling into them! And get your butt on the plane up here! You'll have a ball! And better yet, no more fleas, so you're safe. :)

Looks like it's raining leaves here... we might get a bit of snow this weekend in the higher elevations... looks like our unseasonably warm weather has gone south.

Kim, your son will come 'round when he is ready to, let him have his space right now... you did NOTHING wrong, and he knows it. He probably doesn't even realize how much you're hurting right now by his inaction. And though it's hard as a Mom, try to stop worrying about him, and think about yourself (and your younger kids).

On another note, what have you decided to do about your bedroom move? Staying upstairs or moving to the warmer room? My stairs are getting harder to climb as well, wish I could afford an elevator, then I'd be all set!

Dana, haven't seen you in a bit, what cha doing? Saying hello to everyone, you all make my day!

woo hoo, Aly's coming in tonight! Susan, get on that plane for Boston, I'll pick you up too! I've even rented a car so I don't have to drive to the airport.... just saying.

Liz, feel better! If you're feeling better, come on over, and if you need another day, you can rebook the flight for Thursday? Anyone else? Slumber party at Helen's, but sorry Allen, no boys allowed... (this time)

Morning. Just got my wake up call and soon heading to airport, yahoo here I go ( again) :)
Aly

Helen

I am here, just reading everyones posts and wishing I was going to your house, sounds like a lot of fun. But I am getting ready for our halloween party Saturday and am getting very excited about it. We built a bar in our basement ( I let Rob think it is his man cave) and that is where we are having the party. I have a lot of decorating to do and hoping it will look creepy. I hope you, Aly and Liz have a great time and I hope to get to your place soon. Now that snow is moving in it may not be until spring time now.

Dana

I haven't even taken out any of my halloween stuff this year! It's down cellar somewhere and I just didn't feel like looking for it. Enjoy your party, are you going to have dry ice and spooky sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back