Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry helen, got your message bit late. Will call am before I go shopping.
I won't be tired. The time difference does not seem too bad. I will be ok by the time I fly to Boston.I see they over sell the flights, so I am going to go to the airport really early on Tuesday. Make sure I get a seat ok.

Susan I got some of those chocolates from Walgreens. I haven't gone down to the main shop and restaurant. Maybe tomorrow afternoon if I get a chance.:)

I am in Athens now and the flights went well and our luggage are all accounted for! I was glad to have my chair with me as it made it easier for me to manage this long distance traveling. My legs and feet looked like tree stumps I was so swollen!

Its about 12 hours time difference and we are suffering from jet lag but managed to get a nap in after arriving at our hotel yesterday. Then went swimming up on the roof top pool yesterday, which overlooks the Pathion in the distance. Athens is an interesting place, although there are signs of their struggles with the economy everywhere. Lots of run down buildings and the trash mounds line some streets since the garbage men have recently striked.

We will be leaving soon to see the Plaka and downtown area. Hopefully the pwc will be able to get into the stores! We just had the best breakfast and they made us fresh waffles. Crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth on the warm inside.....yummy! I have posted a new blog on my blog. You can find it at Cruisi'n Lady's Adventures if you do a search on it.

Aly...so glad you made it safely.

Until next time. You all take care and love ya!

Oh my frickin God,

Sorry to use that but you will understand in a minute. I go to bed almost 12 and wake up and have to go to potty. No big deal. When I get back to bed, I look at the clock and ask husband if that is right. The time reads 1:02 and it's 5 min fast! I thought it was like 4 or 5 am. Hoping that the night would be over soon. Not getting enough sleep is killing me along with the family turmoil up north. And because of the meds, it makes my eyes so loop, itass hard to read. I have to close one eye and read through the one bifocal. God it sucks getting old! I don't recommend it to anyone! Shoot me before I do! JK, I don't think I could do that. I just want the night to end! I can't wait til I move downstairs. I still need my electric attress pad. And a nice warm blanket to put under my new quilt. The only problem with moving downstairs is that the bathroom is sooo much farther away than the one upstairs and I can sit in the handicap shower, where downstairs I have clawfoot tubs. But no stairs! And it is surely hard to get up or down those stairs! Sometimes it takes me 20 min with Lindsay but then I don't go back up until night time. I don't know what to do. The bedroom downstairs also is ri
ght across from the living room with t part of the houi se. I d fireplace so it won't be so cold in that room since we haven't any heat. Hmmmm, stairs versus warmer room; just can't decide. Maybe you all can help? Maybe you can help me decide? Time is up, the phone is not helping, giving me more trouble than it' worth, so good night ladies.

Mending my broken heart with your help,

Kimberly

What the freak happened to my post?
Welll all my love to you guys,
Kimberly (post is below)!

Where is everybody? And I am the only person out heream. As I beg, "Come back please come backad. Will the boat turn around me laying on thr frickin door? Will anybody xome back?

I feel all aloneam nobody else is here. Not even the bartender. Soooo, kim, drinks are on you,LOL! I don't think you will miss 1 or 2 bottles. I will pay for them but this a.m. I am playing bartender. If anyone wqnts a drinka. I will fix them and charge the appropriate amt. Just need you, Kim or Jim to come back. Now I can't start drinking enough to kill the pain.

Miss both of ny guy's lately! And even the dancing girls left.

Kimberly,
Sorry I missed you! I've been a bit of an insomniac lately too. I hope you are back to sleep for a bit.

Aly and Joyce, I'm happy to see you both made it. Aly, sorry I didn't warn you about the Alcatraz hill. I was there in summer 2010, back when my legs were fine and I forgot about the hill until you mentioned it.

Joni, your haircut and color are adorable!

Helen, it's nice to see the college search went well.

Di, I'm a bit jealous of all those grandchildren...lucky you!

Okay, memory is shot and the fingers they are a twitchin', so it's love and hugs to everyone here!

Have a great Monday and to our Aussie friends - Happy Tuesday!

Mary

Aly I hope you aren't to worn out to have fun, has Liz arrived yet? Kim honey you have got to get some rest and eat! Joyce are you on business in Athens? I bet it is lovely there. Mary thanks, I am beginning to like the haircut..Everyone have a good day, got to go to work:(

Hi all, slept in later than I wanted to today, so just now catching up... getting the room ready for Aly and Liz! :)

Kim, I know what you mean about the stairs vs. the bathroom... I vote for the easier (and warmer) room to get in and out of, and put a porta potty in your room in case you need it at night. OR, if you can get one for a decent price, get a stair lift chair... I don't have one yet as the installation will damage the walls in my house, and then "when" I sell the house, I'll have to pay to have it uninstalled as well. So I struggle up the 16 stairs to my second floor every night. Not fun. I'm sorry I didn't see your post early this morning, I was up to about midnight.

Just listened to my messages, and I forgot that the social worker was coming this morning, slept late and didn't hear her! My dog did, and I yelled at her to shut up! Guess I owe them both an apology now... :(

Lots to do, better get started... Aly, I'll be here at noon (9am your time) but it might be cheaper for me to call the hotel with my cell phone (well, my daughter's cell phone she's home with a bad headache this morning... mine is still not switched to a working one)

Geez,

How did my pub comment get on the tea forum. And then I don't remember even doing it. I guess everything has caught up to me. These 1 hr naps are going to be the death of me!

Glad everyone is having a Marvelous Monday! Today is my Son's 32 birthdaym. And he still isn't talking to me. I at least texted him a happy bday and all I got back was a thanks. Now, who's the victim and who's the guilty one?

Mending my broken heart with your help,

Kimberly

We had the delightful visit with Zaphoon and Mrs. Z . Yesterday afternoon. Kim even tuned my old piano. It was such fun getting to meet a virtual friend in real time. :)

I gave him as smootch from the ladies in the tea room. All is caught on film. This afternoon when Tim has time he will download the pictures he took and I will post them for you to see.

While it was fun, today I am tired from the visit, so today will be a rest day with a book and my legs are up. I may even sneak a nap in. :)

Les's son and his fiancee and there two dogs arrive today for a five day visit. SO EXCITED, but Les is a nervous wredk. It has been over 12 yrs since we have seen him.

Lori I hope it is a happy visit and that they are loving toward Les.
Laurel

Dianne, how fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!

Lori, have a great time with your loved ones. Wow! 12 years! I'd be nervous too!

I'm a bit dizzy today so probably will head for home when the room stops moving. :)

Good Morning All,

Wow! aren't you all the busy ones. People going here and there. Visiting family, and friends, all this news is so great!

Joni, hope you are doing ok now..?.....Mary I will be happy to share them with you...:)

Glad everyone is doing good today, May Everybody have a day filled with Peace and Enjoyment even in the littlest of things today...:)

Hello lovelies! Popping in during a whirlwind day to say hi and remind you all that you are loved and prayed for from all corners of the world!
Love and light
Meg

Busy Monday here! Aly and Joyce jet setting, Lori having visits, Helen yelling at people, and Diane smooching Zaph.
Me and Kim wandering around at night like two bats.
I hope everyone is having a great afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back