Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I'd do/say the same things if my Mom did anything like that. Aly. You Lady Poos have a wonderful time together! Make sure you have a group hug while thinking of all of us. Let us know what day and time Eastern time you do so we can be with you.
IT'S FRIDAY!
Love you all,
Marta

Your right, we teach our kids one thing and do another. BUT... they are kids and we are adults. This forum is a totally different from cruising the internet to find friends. I'm extremely careful but feel comfortable on here with all of you.
Nina and friends survived Howl o scream. So did Bill. They got home at 1 am. Asleep by 1:15. Ni said it was creepy.
For the first time since last April, my feet are cold! It was 59 last night which is winter for us.
Di, what made you pick kauai?
Have a great day all!

Susan,

I would have chosen HI over any other state. And right now, I wish I was living there! Sandy beaches, waves lapping on the shore, sitting under the palm trees, sipping sweet tea and reading books all day. That was supposed to be my retirement after Grayson graduated. Maybe one should not make plans too far in the future! My husband was funny about that. I had told him I wanted just a 1 room shack that was just the right size for a bed sitting area and kitchenette. One in FL the other in Maine, he looked at me and he said, "I don't want to live in Florida!". I looked back at him and said, "Who asked you to come? This is my retirement!" After Grayson graduates, I will have been a mother for 39 yrs.. It's KIMBERLY TIME NOW! I don't think my family appreciated that one.

It's taking me a while to respond to all the pm's. Give me time. It's hard to read some without crying and if you don't get a response it was probably that I read it and forgot to respond back right then and there! So, if you don't get a response back in a week send me a nudge and I will realize who all I missed.

I Love You All My New Family and as 1 person told me once what they told their adopted child, "Anyone can birth a child, but you were chosen!". So thankfully I have adopted all of you as my new family and remember "you were the chosen few"!

Mending my broken heart with your help,

Kimberly

You are truly loved by all of us here Kim. I know I love ya my Sister.

Group hug...........mwah.
I am really nervous, had a nightmare....lost luggage, lost boarding pass. Stuck in SF with no passport........arghhhhhhhhh.
Charlotte got to her car after our birthday dinner last night and found her window smashed. What a pain. She left early this morning to go to a wedding 3 hrs away in the snow. Had to borrow our spare car. Now daughter number 4 is put out cause she wanted the car. Was it me recently who said how nice it was to have everyone home?
I have a busy day, forgot to get horse food for the next 2 weeks, Sam wants to go shopping etc. I leave for the drive to Auckland airport at 6 pm. Here we go......will say farewell when I get to the airport tonight.
Nice day to y'all.........I am dreaming of a hut on a beach in Hawaii. We are all sitting in the sand, lovely

Thanks; Marta.

Warts and all ( no don't have those)! And I love all of you!

Aly, one thing I did forget about tipping is, if you have a certain size group of people (usually listed on menu) it's called a gratuity charge, then it is actually optional what money you leave as a tip even if you're splitting the bill. I always felt this charge to be wrong; the restaurant should be happy to have as many people as possible and the waiter/waitress just has 1 larger group in one area to work with. But of course that's just my feelings, so when do we know when you are over our great skies so we can chat and welcome you to the states?

Boy do I wish I could meet up with you guys! And I bet everyone else is jealous too!

Well; on a side note, lindsay brought her future neice to stay for the week. Whenever she brings her, everyone thinks she's hers because she has red hair like Lindsay. Well anyway, Lindsay gets sick with a stomach virus; one that little alayna's family had had and Chris's brother also had (the 2 never married and the 16 mo old child is in the middle).but anyway, Lindsay got sick Thursday early 3 am and I went in and stayed with the baby. Chris works at a turkey processing plant (in the COOOLLD) and he needed to sleep. Anyway, I took Lindsay to drs asking for a phenergan shot. Well I drove to McD's to get alayna lunch and no exactly how Di felt. People were nice enough to get my chair out for me, get the food and our drinks. By nighttime, I could no longer lift my right arm.

Well by 9 pm guess who starts having that feeling, yep, me. I called the PCP and asked if I could take one or 2 of her pills bc like I told him? "You have seen me, my body couldn't take a night of this plus my meds would be wasted". He said take them in between others and call today if not any better. Well, here I am, in bed, snuggled under the covers, with my electric mattress pad on to keep me toasty. Still have the queasiness, but the drugs are helping.

I could get used to staying in bed all day especially since someone out there prayed for fall to come! Come back summer, I wasn't ready for fall yet!

Hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday and Aly to you a Spectacular Saturday!

And Helen, if you could pm the recipe for the cake, I know Lindsay would make it. And I promise I won't eat any...ran out of Benadryl and haven't gotten anymore. And still waiting on the epi-pen.

Mending my broken heart through you,

Kimberly

I'm so sorry, I forgot to call Helen MKiSA (My Knightess in Shining Armour)!

And Avril, sure have missed you....come back soon! But I understand.

Love you to my sister!

Good Day ...:)

No pastries Again...:-(....shaking head. All this talk about traveling has really inspired me, I want to go some place.

Marta, Why did I pick Kauai?, well I had visited it in 1970 when my ex was in the Navy stationed at Pearl Harbor during the Vietnam war. We lived on Oahu for 2 years back the '69-'72. Came here to meet my parents and fell in love with it, swore I would be back, took over 20 years but I made it and without him......:) (That him anyway)
And I knew when I was old I just wanted to be comfortable and warm and not have to chop wood for firplace to keep warm, just sit on porch and rock away the day or night...lol...then another good reason came up that I had explained earlier.

Kimmie hoping you will feel better real soon!

Coffeee time......again!

Last edited:
I want to wear a grass skirt and coconut bra. :)

Susan in all my 20 years I have never even done that...:).......night skinny dipping though...:)

I love Kaui! Many years ago Doug and spent 3 days in Oahu then 5 in Kaui. We snorkled every day. Tunnels beach was fantastic...we got up early and were only ones there. We saw several huge sea turtles. They all swam away when the snorkle boats showed up.

I survived the trip to SUNY Purchase! Left about 6:30 a.m. and got back about 5:30 pm... 350+ miles of driving, I'm pooped! Campus was nice, 500 acres, 30 miles away from NYC, dorms ridiculously small (converted 3 room dorm means 3 people in a dorm built for 2), 2 bathroom stalls for about 18 girls. Hmmm... all that for an extra $11K room and board! The food choices were good, not sure which of the meal plans that 11K would include, but Linnea was thrilled that there was a vegetarian cafe which had a lot of really good choices, and was yummy. But, it's a bit secluded for a girl who really wants to be in the big city! And, for her field, it has about a 20-25% acceptance rate (music performance), so she'll see. Costs aren't too bad for an out of state student, about the same here in Mass as in in-state student would be! We'll see how NYU, Fordham, Vassar, and Muhlenburg stack up against this one, and how much money they'll give her IF accepted.

Aly, can't believe you're probably on the airplane by now! Safe flight, and see you soon! My cell phone is still broken, so if call me on Sat. on my house phone if you can!

I'm going to eat leftover pizza and crawl into bed and watch tv... Linnea is going to the football game and the homecoming dance afterwards, and then take her ACT test tomorrow morning. Glad it's not me. Andrew is marching with the band at the football game tonight, but doesn't have any interest in the dance at all. Matt will probably curl up with me, knowing the boy! I'm going to miss those hugs when he decides he's too cool to do that anymore.

Kimmie (and I'm calling you that again because you have a certain lightness to you now!) I'll pm you that recipe tomorrow, I'm too pooped tonight. But maybe you can substitute the cocoa for a different flavor and try the cake that way? Don't want to be responsible for you offing yourself on my cake recipe, the rest of the forum would come after me! :)

Had a showing today, don't know how it went, cell phone is broken, and evidently so is my email service, just called them and there's "a problem in your area..."

Susan, all I can say is if you put on a grass skirt and a coconut bra, I want a picture!

Love to all, lurking and typing!

Ooooh, guys,

I would move in a heartbeat, but I don't think anyone would like me in a grass skirt and coconut bra. Well at least the grass skirt; since I'm allergic to coconuts, but hey maybe wearing the coconuts as a bra would expand my boobs big enough that they would fill them! Oh geez, I'm sorry to start in on the boobs part, maybe it's time for the boys to come back in and give me a little testosterone to mellow me out.

Hey Dana aka DD, that one was for you!

Mending my broken heart with you help,

Kimberly

MKiSA,

I can wait for the recipe. Lindsay won't be cooking/baking anytime soon. And of course if it's in the house, I would want to eat it. Chocolate allergy is the one thing I can't handle. It has driven me crazy for years (short trip)!

Aly, you need to tell MKiSA, when you reach our wonderful skies, so we can welcome you!

Liz, don't forget to pack some empty ziploc bags to put sand in so you can start a collection of the beaches you have been to!

Diane, it is good to see you back. I know you had problems with the Dragon (and don't mean Tim). Hope it's just that and not anything serious!

You three have fun for us poor old souls that can't be there. And remember lots of pics!

Mending my broken heart with your help,

Kimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back