Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch time here!
Just finished the lawns and soon off on a bike ride with my neighbor, via a lovely little cafe and a long black coffee.
Out for dinner tonight to celebrate my daughters 19 th birthday. She's back off to Christchurch the day after I leave for USA.
Hope you all had an ok thursday. My Friday is sunny, dry and just wonderful. :)

Just got back from the high school chorus concert, my daughter was in 3 groups plus an extra song with a 4th, and sang 13 songs! Most of which were not in english I might add! Getting the house for a 10 a.m. showing tomorrow, but I'll be leaving around 6 a.m. to go to a college in NY state (SUNY Purchase). 3 hours regular time, not sure how much time it will take during the rush hour, but we have a 10 a.m. appt there!

I'm taking my daughter's car, so hoping we can get my scooter in the trunk or back seat without too much problem; my van would cost too much in gas. I drove her car to NJ last year, nearly 6 hours of driving and only used a little more than half a tank of gas; I would have had to stop both ways in my van.

Good night all, wish me luck!

Helen

Have a safe trip Helen. What SUNY are you going to?

SUNY Purchase, it's known for their musical program.

Oh, and it's not too far from NYC, and just south of Stamford area of CT.

Cool! She'll love it. Go to bed, it's late!

Luck, helen, drive safely, I need a bed to sleep in!
Aly

Nite All...sleep well!....:)

Aly 3 months is along time to sit around on the beach sipping Mai Tai's, and eating coconuts, we could have fun.....;-)... Be safe on your travels, have a Great time!

Happy travel to you Helen.

Sleep Good, Joni, Susan, Liz, Helen, Aly, Ann, Marta, Dana, Mary, Jim, Diane, Kimmie, Linda, Becky, Allen, and all the flies on the wall!

thought i would share this

having gone through the usual haggling with my 7 year son to get him to agree to do something for me he turned to his 18 year old sister when i offered the ultimate dangling carrot ....and said

'' dang ! that woman knows how to work me '' !

x Mary x

Mary, your story reminds me of anther story. Little boy was told to set down upon entering
his class room. The teacher telling him to do so as she walked towards him.

The little fellow setting down commented, I am sitting down on the out side, but I am standing
up on the inside. :)

Much love to all the girls and guys who gather here to share.

Jim

I see we have some more Nite Owls here, or bats..:)...........gets pretty quite here this time of night for me....almost everbody sleeping. I try and picture each one of you as you are sleeping, pretty funny when you think of it...lol......good to see a few live faces...makes it not so lonely.....:)

Hi all, if you are awake. Bake from a pleasant dinner out. Australia bet Wales for 3rd place in the world rugby cup. As usual wales deserved to win, but have crap kickers.
My family is all upset about me going away and staying with someone I met on a forum. My daughter said would I let her go and I said certainly not, my other daughter said if I missed her wedding she would be sooo mad and there would be noone to make 130 cupcakes and the wedding cake, my son said, shall we write her epitaph now?
Bless my Darn family, they have filled me with an abundance of optimism and support, NOT.
Off to bed, grouchy

all I can say is heheheheheheheheheheh....................

See you on Tuesday Aly! :)

Have a safe trip and ENJOY! You're going to have a great time, and we're both going to have fun trying to figure out our accents.

Maybe we've done too good a job teaching our children not to trust strangers?

It's 6:08 here in the morning, and the kids are getting up for high school and we're leaving in a few minutes for our day trip. Going to be a long day, but fun. I think Di is still up, get to bed! :)

Love to all!

Aly, hope your not having second thoughts?....lol....Poor family, can't blame them though. Tell them it is no different than going to meet uknown family members except you have spoken to these and know them.......:)....And from my experience real life or internet same risk involved no difference................:)

Your gonna have so much fun! Bless your families little peapickin hearts!

Hey Helen, I am an adult now...geessssh...It's 12:25 am now so your right I need to sleep.....see ya all at lunch and save some pasteries to go with my morning Coffeeee....please...:)

Happy Trails to you......until we meet again.....Happy Trails to you...da dah da dah...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Aly they just love you and worry, but yall are going to have some fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back