Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz, I think your plan is a wonderful plan. One that can happen! Make some noise and I'll bet you'll get lots of help with it too!

The cake's a beauty, Aly--and does literally look like a picture, and yes--I realize I was literally looking at a picture! Love hearing about your lives and feeling I'm seeing Grandma Lengel.

Good night John Boy!

Morning all. Kitty is purring and dribblingbon my lap. My coffee is out of reach!

I need some advice. I come from a non tipping country. The price is the price. I hate tipping because it makes me very stressed. I am scared of getting it wrong. Can you please tell me who I am supposed to tip and how much?

Just saw it was my 2000 post. Ha ha

Oh Ann! A Wrinkle In Time is one of my favorite books! I understand now...

Aly,

It really depends on what type of restaurant you are at and how the service is. Fast foods-no tipping. Medium priced restaurants we usually tip $1 per person. Classy restaurants-usually 15 to 20%. But again it depends on service: If you didn't care for the service then you leave less.

I hope it helps!

Mending my broken heart with your prayers,

Kimberly

What about taxi drivers and tour operators?

Good Day :)

Liz will you come take care of me, will be awhile though, hoping. We could have a tent on the beach, well two, one for you and one for me, watching the gentle tropical breeze thru the palm trees, aquablue waters lapping at the waters edge. Beautiful sunsets and Brownies all you can eat...lol Any takers?

How is everbody today? Aly I dont worry about tipping, and I use to be a waitress, Hey prices are high enough, if they need more money they need to get a different job, and if they treated me really really good I might tip. We do not have tipping police...lol But some places take the tip, go fiqure. Just act dumb.

Coffee and ...................ok who eat all the goodies?

Di- i would love to come and take care of you! Unfortunately, I cannot pick up and move my daughter like that :(
She's 10 almost 11. So in about 7 years.... I sort of wish there was a designated state for all PALS to go to, would be sooo much easier to help if we were all closer! Love to you!

Hi all, late start today. Picked up Ni and her 2 friends from school. They are going to Howl O Scream tonight with Bill then sleeping over.

Aly, tour operators and taxi do get tipped depending on the bill. If the bellman brings your bags up to your room you tip $1 a bag. So do the bus drivers on the tour unless the gratuity is included. Like Helen said, fast food no tipping, 15 to 20 in restaurants.
Also, on TV it said they are Knitting little sweaters for NZ penguins because of an oil spill Have you heard that?

Liz, If I get through this with the new meds I'll help you set a house up. I have some ideas already.

I guess I watched too many Nike commercials when I decided to move here...my son was 17 and daughter15..."Just Do IT" was their motto.....:), So I did......LOL................. and it turned out ok as they are both here with all my grandkids too!

Marta, I haven't read "A Wrinkle in Time"! My silliness regarding the word "literally" is due to hearing it abused so often, by people in the communications field...such as my saying about Aly's cake, "It literally has flowers growing on it" or "There is a literal ribbon holding up the sides!"

---but I can say, her cake literally looks like a picture. (And it does!) :)

Haha Ann, made me laugh.
Thanks for the tip on tipping. I am hoping to get the train to town centre, but if I am really tired imay get a shared van. Will be easier.
I like your motto Di.....it's fast becoming mine. I would come to Hawaii in a flash, but could only come for 3 months. Then they would boot me out.
I am going for daily rides on my cruiser. It takes me ages to push it up the hill outside our house, but then I am off. I see so much that I had not noticed before. Lovely. I am in love with my bike. :).
I am exercising hard to see if I can build my quads up. Cycling certainly works them hard. Have to prove to the neurologist I sleep with, that my quads do not have atrophy. He had another rant about it this morning. Blah blah blah. Smile smile smile.
Helen I have my tight excersise skins that I go jogging in. Close your eyes when I go out the door cause I am not stopping my routine for nobody:). I jog as slow as I walk, but find it fun.
Bags all packed except toiletries and bling.
Tomorrow I leave. I hope my animals are looked after. It's always a concern.
Liz your idea is fantastic. You can do it.the right time will come, right now it's your daughter first, then pow............
Well. Breads in the oven as I want Brushetta for lunch. Knave fresh basil and tomatoes calling to me.
Tonight when everybody is at home we shall cut the cake. Yum
Oh Annas final surgical exam went well........all over until she wants to be a consultant. She's still thinking haematology/ oncology/ pathology.
We shall see. Now it's all go finalizing the wedding plans.........busy

Ann, another one that they say all the time is "clearly"... "clearly the president..." "clearly, blah blah blah!" Does that mean that we're too dumb to see it their way? Clearly they must think we are!
Aly, go for the shared airport van, it's much easier, not to mention probably cleaner and safer. They don't cost that much, but don't know how much they'd be in San Fran. See if your hotel has complimentary airport service, some of them do. You'll be working those legs alot in San Fran, it's very hilly! And my street is one of joggers' favorite, golf course down the street and all. You can take my dog with you here if you want to!

Quiet night here at tea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back