Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim, Even wars do stop when people come to their senses. As always we are here for you. Your sisters will come around when they get a clue. Yesterday Bill's sister called. She is one of the few people that know about me due to Bill telling her(grrr) when I told him not to. Anyway she wants to talk to me and I said Nope. Opinions are not wanted and I have no desire to talk about personal things. So I'm not in good favor either. (like I care). He can't believe i'm so blunt, it is not my nature. To bad, so sad, it's my deal so get used to it.
It's a dreary rainy and windy day here too. Dogs won't stick their snouts out to pee. Have to give them a nudge.
Hugs and love sent to you all.

Di, thanks for the virtual breakfast! MMMmmmmmm!

Hello to the land of flying food!

Kimberly, I'm so glad to see things are going better!

Jim and Ann, glad to see you two popped in.

Susan, as others said, think of your mom in the pose of watching over you. I've done that too for most of my life. You popped in while I was slugging along here! I leash my dog up and drag her out to the yard. We wander together in the rain until she pees!

Helen, I love, love love apple crisp! You've motivated me to make some!

Joyce, I love the saddle bags! In my head I'm still that crafty, but the stupid hands don't cooperate. Oh for the days of hand skills! I guess I'll try to teach my daughter while it's still in my head. Have a great trip!

Aly and Liz, have wonderful trips on your way to Helen. You ladies will have a wonderful time!

Okay, I've corrected 10 random key strikes and that's my new limit! Adios all! Have a great hump day or Thursday!

Hugs! Mary

Oh boy! I scrolled up to log out and found a message:

The maximum amount of posts on this page can display has been reached. Posts will now start to disappear from oldest to newest.

Yikes, we do love to chat!

Kim, just know that I love you and hold you constantly in my heart.

Mary, that message basically means we're typing on a new page...correct me if I'm wrong!

Helen, I will let you know when my message has arrived.

Susan, we need our decisions to be respected. There is too much ahead of us to be lenient when folks act otherwise. I know you are kind...and I'm glad you are firm.

Kimmie/ Kimberly, I love you, and did not hear the explosion. It must have traveled west!

I don't have a sister Kimmie, you can be mine :)
Morning all. I slept till 7 am after a long hot jacuzzi before I went to bed, that did the trick.
I went and saw Jane Eyre, didn't know the story at all, as I am not a reader of classics. It was a great movie, I recommend it.
Catching all the food to have with my coffee.
I am going to make a helens chocolate cake today ( again). Yum.

I was thinking about what you said Susan and I think my personality and self preservation skills have got stronger since I faced a health challenge. It's all good, I needed to be a little bit selfish. My life has always been about my family. This year I have made it about me as well. It feels good, hence my escaping to USA. I have been judged as stupid for risking it , by my friends and children, but Hubbies has been very supportive. Life is way too predictable, I want to make it a little less so!

Thursday here, rain has finally stopped, so I might go for a nice walk somewhere, or do the weeding once everything dries off.

Love to you all

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone! Yes, I've backed away from a couple friendships because I am going to do this my way, not someone elses way. When one saw me walking with a cane she said "You've given up!" She's better now but I keep my distance. Good for you Susan.

It's a bright sunny cool day here! Perfect!

I see I will soon have 2000 posts, what will that make me................member with too much time on her hands?

Aly, can you send me a piece of that cake? I kind of need one, it's very rainy and depressing here! Hope the good weather comes in before you get here.

Susan and Marta, I know what you mean about people judging you... they don't get that it's better to walk with a cane and NOT fall and get hurt when you know your legs don't work right and your balance stinks! What's giving up about that? It's making accommodations for your life and living it. I'd rather not fall and get hurt (and embarrassed when I can't get up) then be seen using a walker! I think people are used to the idea that physical therapy after an operation or accident can bring back the function, they don't get that overdoing it will cause us to lose more function than help it.

You should all be getting a pm from Kim via me... Kim, you're one strong lady and you'll get through this! We love you lots!

I see I will soon have 2000 posts, what will that make me................member with too much time on her hands?

Probably puts you in the running for the Most Post Miles (km) championship for the board. Unless one of our Aussie friends is close to you in the number of posts.

"You made those electrons swim 12,000 km. just to say that?" ;)

BTW Aly, I like your new avatar! Happy trails to you...

"I'll be seeing you, in late september.... erh, october..."

I'm wishing it wasn't raining as I all I feel like doing is curling up in bed with chocolate! And I've been goofing off today, which I can't do... have to clear my desk so when Aly gets here I can show her 'round! And we'll have to get her a Halloween Costume!

Glad you like my Avatar, had to get the plane flying in the correct direction:)
Allan, I hadnt thought of distance......hmmmmmmm maybe I have broken a new record? Crap I need a new trial contract. Might be one early next year, they are still working on the protocol. Skin cancer study. I should be a patient as I get them hacked off constantly. Bored......

Chocolate cake is in the oven. It really is an amazing recipe Helen, and much healthier ( if a cake can EVER be called healthy). it's so moist. Yum

Hubby had to go to court yesterday. Apparently he had to demonstrate how to test for spasticity etc on the Bailif.....ha ha. I wish I had been watching. I think he was a little surprised. I wonder if the jury was laughing. He hates being an expert witness, but he charges them heaps.

Can anyone please tell me what codes I need to put in front of a USA number. I will be using my cell phone so need the country code as well.

Ie to call me you would need to put 0064 then area 7 then my number ?.

From a website called country calling codes:

To Call From New Zealand To Massachusetts, United States
you have to dial the following number:

001 + area code (3 digit) + 7 digit phone number

For instance, Boston's area code is 617, but the cell phones can also be 774... my area code is 508

Does that mean that we're #1? Too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back