Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim, There is nothing wrong with being a drama queen. Heck, I can't open a closet without skeletons falling out. As long as your ok that's all that counts. Family doesn't have to related by blood. Consider us yours.
Helen and Di pass over the cinn rolls and apple crisp. Thanks, yum

Kimberly, you will get through this, with the help of your forum family and your real family... glad to hear that hubby is better with you as well. Maybe something good came out of something bad.

I didn't get a PM and I'm not sure you wanted Aly or Jim to forward it to me or not. Let them know, but suffice it to say that you owe us NO explanations about whatever happened today or in the past. I hope that whatever happened, is now coming up for a good reason, and things can move forward for you. I'm praying for your peace of mind, and as my minister at church always says, we as humans are not whole; we are broken; and we need to reach out to whatever faith you believe in, to your friends and family, and within yourself. I used to go to this church, sit in the back row and cry. Did that for more than a year, felt like an idiot. And that was long before ALS reared its ugly head in my life. I did feel broken in my life, and yet now, even with this D X, I don't anymore.

Love you... and sending you some hugs, along with the last bit of apple crisp (yes, it's already gone)

Throwing cinnomon roll to Susan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thwwap!...oops got ya...please dont call the police..:-(

Oops wait, Susan, there's just enough to send you a bit! I'll make more, I promise! Di, stop throwing things at Susan's head, how many times do I have to tell you to behave yourself young lady? :)

Haha! I caught it with my teeth. Any whipped cream for the crisp?

nope you'll have to settle for french vanilla ice cream

Hi all! Getting so close and have been busy working getting everything packed. I pimped out my ride with some saddle bags! I am not a sewing type person but over the years I would pick up fabrics with some sort of project in mind, then not follow through.

So I pulled out some fake leather and made some saddle bags for my pwc. As you can see, one side is an open style that will hold my water bottles (yes there is a holder!) and books or magazines that I will need during the layovers. And the other side has a covered pocket to hold things and make it a little more difficult for someone to important things out of it, like my laptop or cell phone.

I also made some padding to go on my forarm crutches to make those comfy. I wish I could figure out how I can build some crutch holders off the back, I have ideas but no strength to put them together. I wouldn't dare as John to do it, because out of the two of us, I am the one that is machanically inclined! He over thinks and makes things too complicated. As he always says he's a software man, not hardware!

Kimmy your in my prayres.

IMAG0106a.jpg

IMAG0108a.jpg

IMAG0111a.jpg

IMAG0112a.jpg

IMAG0109a.jpg

Sorry Helen I just can't help myself.....I love throwing food...and see Susan is so good she even caught it in her TEETH! I am impressed!

Susan, you're good! That's ok Di, I think your throwing arm is actually pretty impressive, you should go out for a baseball team!

Joyce, I love it! I'm still using a scooter, and it has a little basket in the front, but is way too small. I use a bungi cord on the arms behind the seat for my cane, but it always slips off the bottom. I keep thinking of a little clamp that can be mounted on the back of the seat that you can snap the cane (or crutches) into would be cool. Kind of like those broom holders that attach to the wall, but more secure. I also thought of a plumbing clamp (to hold the pipes), but they don't release quickly enough to try. It needs to have some snap to it!

Very nice Joyce. I hope you can give us a cruise play by play.
Helen, ice cream is great. I'm not picky.

I have thoughts of attaching a black pvc pipe about 2 1/2 or 3 ft long , about 2 or 3''around and just slipping ctutches in, handles will stop the at that point, just tops out. maybe even cut out small area for handles to slip into for security. Attached to back of seat. Or even a heavy cloth long bag.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies! I have a blog set up called Cruisin' Lady's Adventures. It won't be hard for you to find it if you type that into a search. I will be adding things frequently so you might want to book mark it.

We had an early birthday celebration for my eldest son since we will not be here for his birthday next month. So we have some chocolate cake and chocolate peanut butter cup icecream or mint icecream left over. Its all I can do to not go in and eat it all myself! I am trying so hard not to gain weight, but loose it before the trip! It will be hard enough on the trip to not gain weight!

Don't worry, with all the traveling around, you're going to need those extra calories!

Joyce! It's perfect! Now I think you should get a leather jacket with fringe and a tie die head band and a feather in your hair. A tricked out chair and a tricked out chick!

crutch holder

Thanks to Di for posting a picture of her crutchs holder, I came up with the idea of how to rig something on my Jimmie!

Using an old box from a tripod and some more of the fake leather fabric, plus the Alaskan fix all to everything, duct tape! I covered the box with the fabric then I cut a strip of fabric and squeased it between the back fold of the chair (very tight fit!). Then using some scientific laws of gravity or inursia, I taped the bottom part of the fabric onto the bottom of the covered box and taped the top part of the fabric to the top part of the box. In essense its a push me pull me type of effect. The weight of the crutches in the box pushes the bottom part of the fabric toward the floor, causing the top of the fabric to pull the top of the box up! With my weight on the fabric I keep the whole thing from stressing too much. It may not be all that pretty, but as you can see it works pretty good!:p

IMAG0114a.jpg

IMAG0115a.jpg

IMAG0116a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back