Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! But I don't think lobster is all that fattening, it is the melted butter we dip it into! Do you know that in colonial times they fed the inmates (I think on Castle Island in Boston Harbor) lobster as they were considered to be bottom dwellers.

Aly, now that the Open House is over, the dining room is getting turned into your room! You want snow? Come and visit in Jan/Feb you'll have more than you want. It is beautiful, but I'm kind of dreading it this winter since I use the scooter more and more.

We'll have to have an apple crisp as well when you come here.

Apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice creammmmmmm!

Hate to say it, but I snore like a truck driver some nights... so Aly- make sure you do have those earplugs!

That's ok Liz, I'll make you sleep on the couch in the living room! Either that, or you can have the third floor all to yourself... :)

Hey Liz are you still nervous about the plane, or are you excited? My earplugs are my best friend so your snoring will be fine.
This time next week, I will be shopping in Union Square ha ha. Tomorrow week i will be flying to Boston, wow!
Lobster is very good for diets, but way too expensive here, if you can get it. Which you can't? 1 tail would be $25 !

Heard there is a sourdough bakery at Fishermans wharf ( where I am staying), that is the first place to ever have sourdough bread. No idea if it's true? But anyway. I will eat some. I never eat out on my own, so a slab of sourdough back in my room will have to suffice!

Because I walk a little stiffly, I always get singled out for a full search, and I mean always. I must look like I have drugs shoved up my ar$$$$$$. Lol gotta laugh huh.

Kimmie, where are you? Oh I remember going into hospital Monday. Thinking of you, my friend. Love and hugs from afar.

Yes, I think that Kimmie is staying at a hotel tonight, let's hope she has internet access at some point! And hoping that everything goes ok tomorrow, you're due for some GOOD news...

San Francisco is famous for their sourdough bread, Boston is famous for New England Clam Chowder (chowda), and lobstah. (I won't mention the boston baked beans, but the boston cream pie is yummy). And of course, Dunkin Donuts (back to DD again, sorry)

I'm the same way, do NOT like eating out by myself, and will do takeout and sit at a table somewhere just watching the world go by instead of in a restaurant. If we get to Salem, we'll have to try to get to Pickering Wharf, another formerly working dock turned into high end restaurants and tourist traps.

Supper was a mixed success... pesto pasta with chicken and spinache over macaroni (didn't have penne)... wasn't too bad, but the veggie version was a bit less successful. As I was cooking, both my boys came in, the older one saying that the younger one "really owes him!", and the younger one coming in with a half eaten apple and crying... he had choked on the apple, Andrew actually looked up from his video game on his Ipod, noticed and asked are you choking? and Matt nodded, so Andrew did the Heimlich Maneuver on Matt! Unbelievable...

I guess I should tell his scout troop, maybe he should get a badge or something for it!

I'm going to check on both of them, make sure they're ok, and then yell at them to go take a shower! :)

Oh my Helen! It's a good thing the boys were together! He should at least get a badge for saving his brothers life! After his shower anyway...
:D Love you!

Thinking of Kimmie too. Later Babes!

Just emailed the story to his scoutmaster... he doesn't like being in the spotlight much (won't even let his picture get taken). Think I'll reward him by renewing his XBox Live subscription he's been begging me to do.

Haha Liz she is putting you on the 3rd floor with the fleas!

Helen ,what a wonderful son you have! Your so sweet to reward him. Poor brother will owe him big time now, hope he doesn't use this one against him the rest of his precious life, you know how brothers are...:)...specially big brothers....lol.... Happy all turned out ok! Do they have Medal of Valor for Boy Scouts?

Kimmie where are you? and Patty?

Sitting here waiting for someone to get home..... still, as I need to go to the store. Called daughter she is at Costco, that should take awhile...lol....just can't figure these people out...like I dont eat too? I hate asking but this must be a lesson in...geeez I dont know what...maybe having to ASK for help. I never ask if I can help I just do.....forgot to teach that one I guess. I know stop complaining and look to the good...hmmm...yes weight loss, Yeah!....:)

Not to mention all the other supplies one needs, TP, soap, prescrption, mail...big sigh. Oh I forgot going to the beach, picinic, or just a drive with someone that would be fun also. Anybody want to go with me? Ok to far of a swim for most of you, I understand...LOL

I also dislike eating out alone, even if I have to do drive-thru now, and go sit at the beach, gets old by ones self. I will have to get real innovative to cure these situations now, before it was ok cause I had a choice, take the choice away seems to become a burden...wonder whys that? Weird

Anyway done blabbing..Have a great evening y'all....:)

Di, hate to be negative, but I feel like putting your daughter over my lap and giving her a spanking for being inconsiderate.........can't do that in this country cause some bleeding heart, got a law passed to make it illegal, dammit!

Liz........ Fleas......... Lol.

Hate baked beans, hate baked beans, hate baked beans........just saying! :)

I gave the manager d the dermatology practice where i was doing a trial,the heimlich. He was going blue and pointing to his throat. I got him breathing, but turned out he had bronco spasm due to whooping cough! I had forced the air out and the spasm stopped. He thought I was a hero! Maybe he will give me a job?

No more fleas up on the third floor... I hope! :)

No beans here, and you won't have to sleep on the third floor!

Diane I would swim there or turn my little red scooter into a ski boat and come pick you up and then we could go shopping! I am like you: I hate to ask outright...thats a real problem with ALS...we have to get over it my friend, independent cusses that we are! You go ahead and tell your daughter you need some groceries....and I will tell the cleaning lady here to come clean my room.....I have never asked her before....and to change my sheets on the bed....things that wear me out now....ok? Deal?

Aly, it's ok....I do too sometimes.... but I try and cut her slack as she is going 10 different directions all at once, sooo much on her plate, computer work at 3am, till 10 am, homeschooling the 9 kids, Juijisu every evenining, housework (ha), husband that cant get dressed himself, Jiujitsu Tournament she puts on every Nov, Clothing compamy in fighterwear, juijitsi Gi's, and going to Tournaments which causes her to do lots of fundraising, she thinks she's superwoman...husband is just another of her children also...lol Don't know how she does it. Needless to say I think full time caretaking is not going to fit on that plate....:) I just expect her to fall apart one of these days, she just doesnt have a clue what she has set herself up for. Good thing she is young, 34, fit and lives on GO Girl drinks!...:)

Deal!...you go first..:)

Last edited:
Ok, now I worship your daughter lol.
Helen, I have looked through your house and your neighbours. Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing! All I can say is crap your houses are cheap. Wow. You would not get much for that here in a nice area, some modern box! Now I really want to move to Southborough! Maybe a holiday home in Southborough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back