Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter,
What a good sport you are supporting the NZ team!

Reminds me of last season in the NFL here. I had to cave in and cheer for the Packers in the Super Bowl. (in Chicago, the pack is normally our biggest rival). These days though, I must cave to Liz and admit she has the better team!

Hi everyone else! Love your posts on upcoming trips, family, food and pets. I'd like to stowaway on any of those trips!

Di, you can have the snow! I can't play properly in it anymore with skiing and hiking. I'm thinking of putting little chains on my rollator wheels for winter...I'd rather be in your paradise for winter.

Well, the Illini lost the game (now 6-1), but our tailgate party was a blast! I spent the day with some friends I hadn't seen in a couple years. Only one small problem. I keep forgetting I can't keep going like the Energizer Bunny anymore...it took me until noon today to recover! Stupid old ALS is interfering with fun too!

Take care and have a great Sunday (or Monday for Aly and Peter).

I'm almost afraid to say Go Bears!

Hugs to all! Mary

Hello Everyone! The computer was down for a while last night and I went to 12 mass so I'm late checking in.
Good news today! Praise God our nephew's fever is gone and the Neuro thinks the hydrocephalus is not threatening at this point. Bill went to see him last night and he was laughing and playing. He told him we ordered him a Toy Story jacket and he said thanks Uncle B I'm always cold in the hospital. Such a precious boy.
Aly, my cats had the same thing. It was crystals in the bladder. Special food like Marta said took care of it . She lived to 21.
Got to run, Nina has a science fair project. Boiling beach water and measuring the salt content. Lucky me.
Later Gators!

Morning all.
Peter I had a wine with some Aussie friends, so all in good humour. We all agreed before the game that it's always the same before an wallabies/ Allblack games....it's anybodies.

Susan so glad Tyler is a bit better.

Sounds like everyone is doing ok with parties, sunshine, school plays and impending holidays ( me, me, me )

We just got kitty in the cage, my what a fuss. Our last cat that died was 14 and had renal failure caused by the bladder stone. It was awful and I dont want a repeat. I am sure it will be simple and just a diet change, but her urethra must be swollen or blocked to make her take half an hour of squatting to produce nothing!

Ann, glad your dad is sorted and your getting adapted to your new drug regime.

Have a nice Sunday. For us it's Monday and school holidays are over, so Sam is off to school. With me sick for a week, it was pretty boring for the poor chap.

Aly

Well! While I was getting myself cleaned up, the Bradster straightened and vaccuumed the house! Laundry is almost done too! What a doll!

Marta, Give him a BIG smooch :)

Hi All...:)

That's much easier...lol Sounds like everbodies day is well underway, hoping you all have a great day today, even if it's tomarrow for you Aly.

Sunshine and tropical breeze today, after almost 20 years...seasonal changes can be missed...:-(.....but I just need to go see them once in a while......I do preffer the sun though, that's why I live here, cuts down on the wardrobe also...bathing suits and sundresses only..Yeah!
I use to live in the snow, I can't imagine my daughter having to clothe 9 children with snowsuits and all the other things for all those different seasons, it's qite enough with just summer clothes....LOL...I have only been back to mainland 4 times in all this time.

Hoping to catch someone to take me to the store, my refrig is empty...oops...there goes my last ride...pooo.....maybe later tonight. I got all dressed and ready yesterday, but they were off to party and jiujitsu...so was thinking today, nope......These people here are sooo busy, think they forget about me often, unless they need a babysitter....:)

Later pals...

I will Susan! :)

Aly, your kitty will have to take antibiotics for the infection and a diet change should put a stop to the irritation. Poor thing. I know how much it hurts when I get one.

My Tigers lost to the Rangers last night so now I'm rooting for the Texas Rangers. I'm 1/3rd Texan so am not doing anything unfaithful. For anyone not familiar with baseball it was the Detroit Tigers v.s Texas Rangers in the American League and the Milwaukee Brewers v.s. Saint Lewis Cardinals in the National League to see what two teams will play against each other in the World Series. Detroit v.s Texas ended last night and Milwaukee and Saint Lewis play their game 6 in a 7 game playoff series on Tuesday. Saint Lewis is leading the series 3 to 2 games. I love baseball! It's the only sport I think looks fun to play. Plus the boys of summer look so good in those uniforms! :D

Hey Susan, the news about little Tyler made my day...going to church to give thanks for this little miracle! But I'll keep praying! gotta run or I will be late for church!

Di you snuck in on me! ;) Yes, the seasonal changes require seasonal wardrobe changes but that's part of what I love about the seasons! Sweaters and scarves and wool. And sparkly snowflake broaches. And fire in the fireplace. And in the spring the joy of new buds and flowers peaking from the soil. Spring and Fall are my favorites.

But then, I've never been to Hawaii so can't really say I wouldn't like just one season. How's the snow skiing over there anyway? LOL! You live in a gorgeous part of the world. I'm glad for you Sweet Di!

Susan! Somehow I missed your post about Tyler too! That's wonderful news! Please give HIM a smooch for me will you! xoxo!

Thanks I will! We are soooo happy!

Susan, excellent news about Tyler!

Marta, "The Bradster" is a keeper...Go give him another kiss and basically hug him to pieces. Phil gave me a real shower, scrubbed my head hard and thoroughly rinsed me. With bed baths, there is no rinsing! A little soap in a bowl...gets you a little clean and tacky when dry.

Aly, how's our cat doing? And Sam is wonderful. I'm so sorry you had a cold messing with your time together.

Di, something is very wrong with this picture. I hope you get your groceries.

Susan, the resilience of kids is so amazing isn't it? Hopefully the little guy is out of the woods, and can start tearing up the place again! :)

Had another open house today, and one couple showed up... but they're interested, came from about an hour away, and this house is perfectly situated for them; one works in Boston, and the other works in Worcester. So keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.

Took the kids apple picking in the next town over, I think Linnea knew half the kids working there! Sent the kids on the hay wagon (no horses, just tractors pulling them) out to the orchards, I played it safe since last week I got my scooter stuck several times in a regular field, didn't want to chance the ruts. They picked 2 bushels of apples, all different kids, but mostly grannie smiths, as that's one of all their favorites. This place is a family run farm, and was absolutely mobbed.. booo, maybe some of them would have gone to an open house if the weather was crappier! At any rate, the house looks great, and not only am I pooped (and stuffed with apple crisp, and hot apple cider, and the brownies we made before the open house, and a trip to Mickey D's for lunch) but now I'm broke as well. Guess I'll have to figure something out for the kids to eat, and hit the bank tomorrow. Maybe one of these days I'll change my mind and go back to using an ATM card again!

Di, after all those days of babysitting, and they didn't remember to check in on YOU? Hmmmm, not fair.

Marta, guess I'll root for the Rangers as well, since not only did the Red Sox fail, they FAILED in the most spectacular failure ever in their history of failures. And the coach is out, and now the GM is jumping ship, I think to Chicago. Lucky for us, our Bruins won the Stanley Cup this year (sorry Laurel), so we can be happy about that. I was born in Dallas so guess I'm not cheating too much either.

Ann, good to hear from you, sorry about your medical loopiness... I swear most medicines are too strong for me, I usually have to cut the dosage in half and it works fine. Now that I'm not skinny anymore (and haven't been since I had kids), the regular doses work a bit better.

Saying hi to everybody, gotta go check in on how the Patriots vs. Dallas Cowboys is doing... this one I'm rooting for the Patriots!

Helen

Kitty is delivered....I warned the vet that she is very loving to our family but wild otherwise. He gulped, lol lol. Marta, I am sure you are correct, antibiotics and an expensive diet change. I don't only feed dry food, but she prefers it. Cookie got another rabbit yesterday and alas it was dead by the time he brought it home. He's not silly, he knows I would take it off him again and set it free. He ate the whole thing. That's why he is old and healthy:).

I have started putting my stuff in a suitcase. It's not a very big one as I don't want to struggle with a heavy one on public transport. I want to avoid taxis in San Fran, so it's got to be easy. No cabin bag either, so will just use my handbag on the plane. It's only 12 hours the first leg, so that's pretty easy. Will sleep for part of it as it leaves at 10.30 pm. Arrives 11 hours before I leave! It's gunn a be, jeans and t shirts!
Only 5 sleeps to go...........Fingers crossed for an upgrade, it looks like it's already confirmed, but we shall see.

Di, I too like the season changes, we don't get snow here in Hamilton, so I do want to experience a snowy place. That's on my list as well.
I have terrible itchy feet and I am now hatching a plan to live in London for 4 months......just a plan lol. Accommodation is astronomical. Would need to come out of savings as I have no income to speak of anymore. Just 1 trial patient running.

I have entered a 6 km walk to try and raise money for MND. It's when I get back from Helens. It's the limit of my walking, but I do that distance at least once a week, so no problem. I will go with Doug, who has PLS and is in a pwc. Hopefully he won't go full throttle! I need to start getting sponsors. Don't like asking for money, so I know it won't be easy to ask!

Have a nice time at church Sharon and I love your stories and words of inspiration on your happiness now thread. It's such a lovely idea.

Love you all, and all your critters

Helen, your post crept in....glad you have some interest in the house. Maybe if I like it I will buy it and hide over there, but then I would be an overstayed and get arrested......not such a good idea. Apple stuff sounds yummy, I can't eat them raw.....veeeeeery allergic, but yummy cooked.

We can dine out on Hubbies credit card when we are together. I can just duck when I get home he he he. Spa treatments ( actually I hate them) fancy food...lobster, tons of lobster, pecan pie, sourdough bread.....putting on pounds as I speak :) oh what fun.

Last edited:
Helen, It only takes one interested person:)
Aly has me in the mood for lobster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back