Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan,

Since you are up; I found a thread "Can't Remember", you might like. It makes you think, that's for sure.

Aly,

We had a family that lived in the country. The girl was Lindsay's age at the time grade 5 and she got pregnant and her mom had her when she was like 12 and her mother and her mother. They had like 5 generations and the oldest was less than 60. Boy that sure is something to be proud of (insert sigh here).

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....so quite...souvenir t-shirst for all, but me....I got a HUGE coffee cup from Texas with a cute cowboy a ridin his horse, I'll bring it to tea in the morning, you'll love it...oh yeah and then the Boot!...lol....a diamond (not real) studded cowboy boot keychain!

Then they all took off in the car, again....everthing back to normal...:)...I will try not to complain when I dont see all of them for awhile...lol

Time for meds now, didn't take any all week as I didnt want to be loopy with the kids, or fall asleep, responsibility and all. My body will like me again for not ignoring it...LOL

Sleepy nite Susan,.... WOW Aly that is way too young for all of them! What a mixed up world we live in.....Sorrry you are feeling bad again, darn it all!
Kimmie BAD trees!...at my last jungle bugalow, a massive tree fell right on my little house, but my angels were hard at work as they had the "Y" hit it just right, it surrounded my house, with a few smaller branches hitting and saving it, I was sitting on front steps and heard it looked up and saw it comming, I thought I was a gonener, threw myself inside house and pulled my legs in just as it hit the handrail, smasshing it to bits and the steps where I was sitting. Like I said poor Angel worked overtime on that one. Took them days to chain saw it up and remove it, was about 4ft across the biggest part...Whewww. I thinking someone does want me around this earth, keeps trying to do me in with weird stuff like that all the time. But I am Notgivnup!....LOL

Linda congrats on the closet cleaning and so glad you didnt get lost in there...:)

Check back later, nite all who are going to bed!...Hugs

So much going on, One thing to comment on; Samuel Clemens, AKA Mark Twain said: "Kids, when they turn 13
put them in a barrel and feed them through the knot hole. When they turn 16, plug the knot hole."

Jim

Kim my lil one who is about to be 13 in a few months, is late on development all the way around. She is called lil one because she looks like a 6 yr. old! She was only 4 lbs when she was born and was slow to grow. They just said she will be petite and might hit anywhere between 4'7" to 4'10". Which I am only 4'11" now. At 18 I was 5'1 and 3/4". I am the incredible shrinking woman! I was also 14 yrs before I 'matured'. Same goes for my mom and my aunt and my eldest daughter...its a family thing.

Anyway I wanted to share with you all the blessing that was bestowed on us today. As you all know we are going on a long vacation and we had decided to retire my 2 wabbly old canes for a pair of fore arm crutches to help with aiding my walking in the deserts and cobble stoned streets I will be on. We first went to Genieva woods pharmacy and they were helpful. They only had a medium pair and I needed a small. Although I really liked the pair they had because the cuffs were padded as well as the grips. They wanted $96 but they just couldn't adjust down far enough to fit me correctly. So they called the two other medical supply stores in our little town.

On said they didn't have any small size and the other said they did have one pair of small size. So we drove looking for the last place, but somehow got confused where it was and ended up at the second place called who said they didn't have any. Well John went inside anyway and then came back out a few minutes later and waved me to come in. They said they had made a mistake and after they hung up the phone found a pair in the back that had not been unpacked and recorded into their computer yet. It was supposidly a small pair. They wanted $103 for them. I tried them on, they were by the same maker as the other but the quality was not as good. The cuffs were too loose and though they were slightly lower then the previous pair, they were hitting just below the elbow joint and didn't have any padding on the metal cuff, so that would cause a big bruise if I were to use them for long periods. John could not get it to adjust and fit me right in the fore arm area.

So off we went in search of the final place (with better instructions this time) and walked in. The man was busy with another customer and I saw a pair of small silver fore arm crutches in the corner of the shop with all the other little miniture crutches for children. I picked them up and tried them on. They were very heavy duty, and the coated cuff fit just right. The grips were padded unlike the second stores. John made a couple adjustment and I walked around the store waiting for the gentleman to finish with his other customers. WE already knew the price as we were told at geneiva woods when they called them, it would be $136. John said that would be the hardest sell for us. We still have no income. But God had orchistrated something we didn't know was going to happen.

The man finished and he went into the back and brought out another pair that he had set aside after the call he got from geneiva wood. That pair was identical to the one at the second store for 103 dollars. I told him that this pair I had seems to fit much better and asked how much they would be. He said $136. John said what the other two shops were offering. Then the man said he would meet that price. John was about to settle for that when out of the blue..the man said, "You know what? Forget that, you take them for free. You can have them!" John and I looked at each other and both said "what? are you serious?" He said he was. He said they have been sitting in the corner unsold for a few years and to take them!

So the Lord knew that I needed these for a couple years. I just had to catch up with the timeline of his blessing! I told the man thank you and said I didn't know whether to cry or give him a hug! So that was our big blessing of the day!

Joyce, that was so awesome! I am so happy for you. But you still need to be very careful. I love goodnews!

Joyce, I love your story, warmed my heart. God is just so good, and the most exciting thing, as you said, is it was planned long ago.

Just so great. Things are coming together for your trip. I hope your hospital tests results are ok as well.

Hello to any of you who are insomniacs! I have just finished dinner, Hubby cooked, which was nice. Boy the kitchen was a mess, took ages to wash stacks of pots and fry pans. It's the main reason I prefer to cook myself. Oh well......

Tomorrow I need to make SAMs birthday cake. It needs to be eggless, as one of his friends is Indian and a vegetarian. I found a recipe to try, called a Depression cake. Sam said it wasn't very nice having a depression cake for his birthday. ......I explained it was because of the shortage of eggs during the "depression". He absolutely cracked up in laughter. Aren't kids delightful.

Nighty night.

Oh Aly, you were supposed to wait for me! My internal clock was a little slow but yes here I am awake with a 6 hr drive ahead of me. I should be asleep but am wide awake. Help me. Somebody tell me a boribf story.

Oh, great thread under pals section "remember again". Makes you think that you have forgotten and how life changes. I have thought of so many but was hoping others would join in.

Well, goodnight to everyone since you all were asleep!

Sweet dreams,

Kimmie

I am still awake Kimmie, but yes you should definately be sleeping at the time zone you are in...Sweet Dreams kimmie

Sleep well Aly, although you are close to me time zone

Just realized it's Wednesday in New York time soooo...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU, HAPPPYY BIRTHDAY DEAR DANA HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Last edited:
Well. I'm awake again. Maybe I csn fall back to sleep after mu morning meal of pills. Yuck

Wacky Wednesday to you all,

Kimberly

Okay. Am I the only one having problems getting to the posts? I hope it's not me. Because I am getting angry. And you wouldn't like to see me angry!

All the regular forums are lumped in one blue box and then there is a second blue box with some more then it sort of gets normal for a little bit then those dang blue boxes again.

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it; or at least let us know of the change ahead of time. I put out a post for poor Al and Richard! But that's why they get the big bucks for lol.

Kimberly

Good morning peeps...drinking my caffeine, and catching up on the news..Wow yall are some busy beavers...took a sleeping pill last night, and I am about to fall over on the old laptop..Gotta wakeup! Di honey you keep them grandkids as much as I do mine, I don't know how you manage that many at one time though..I salute you:) Aly gosh you got to feel better soon, Tell Sam Happy Birthday for me..Ann so sorry you were mushed down in the bed, that has to suck!Dana Happy Birthday sweet lady:) Joyce very good news for you, but still be careful! Liz honey I am sorry about your friends we just never know do we?And to all yall moms going through the teenage years, I feel for you>>lol Susan, Helen< Kimberly< and Jim have a good day. Sorry if I missed anyone, blame it on the caffeine, or lack of:)

That has to be one of the nicest quotes Ive seen in a long time and it came at a really nedy time for us .Thankyou....

Joni, excellent memory you have! I hope your day is a good one.

Joyce, God is always on time, in my personal experience. I'm very happy for you!

Liz and Helen, I'm very sorry your friends are having these problems. I hope if she has MS, Helen, it proves to be easily handled.

Aly, your Sam always sounds delightful. Get well soon, please!

Joni, excellent memory you have! I hope your day is a good one.

Joyce, God is always on time, in my personal experience. I'm very happy for you!

Liz and Helen, I'm very sorry your friends are having these problems. I hope if she has MS, Helen, it proves to be easily handled.

Aly, your Sam always sounds delightful. Get well soon, please!

Happy Birthday to Dana! I'm sending you a virtual strawberry shortcake, be careful with that whipped cream, it's the real thing!

Aly, I have a great recipe from a former neighbor whom my kids called Grandma Lengel, this was their birthday cake for everyone. It's chocolate, no eggs, uses vinegar instead. Let me know if it's not too late, and and I'll PM it to you! And the frosting is even wonderful, it uses an instant pudding mix (chocolate of course) and whipped cream. This cake is so moist, and it's even better after spending the night in the fridge. Say happy birthday to Sam.

Kim, sorry that you keep waking up at all hours... Ann, I hope they got you unscrunched and had a good nite's sleep as well. I love my bed, it's hard for me to get out of it some mornings! It's king-sized, and has a magnet mattress pad on top of my regular mattress, lots of pillows, and in front of the window with the breeze coming in. Now if I could only get room service and plug in my big computer up there, I'd probably not get out of it for days. Better be careful for what I wish for, I still want to be able to get out of it. :(

Think the neighbors are either having a showing or maybe doing an inspection... drats, my house still has fleas on the 3rd floor. Open House this weekend, and my La Mas friends (yes we met in La Mas class 18 years ago!) are coming over this Saturday to help me clean this big ole' house. I don't like asking for help and still feel funny about it, but it's like what happened with Joyce... pay it forward. BTW Joyce, that was such a nice thing to have happen, doesn't it make you want to cry when people just amaze you like that? We are blessed more than we know at times.

Gotta go get to work and stop lollygagging around here, you ladies will get me fired! :)

Again HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DANA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back