Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh 2 posts while I was writing mine.
Are you going to bash your As$$$ with the statue Kimmie?
Di, you take a darn rest girl, I worry about you,
Susan, hope you are still ducking your daughters fury :)
Di your post is 3 back, Kimmie and mine all came at the same time.......confusing huh

We are all talking over each other....I get it now....LOL

I'm only on page 113....why?

Ok. I'm back

Joyce, WOW, your daughter is 13 and still in the child stage, maybe I should have sent them up North where it's cold, preserves their little bodies longer. There are times we just look at her and she runs crying! 2 of my girls were 10 1/2 yrs old. That's just not fair and they're not overweight either. Grayson went from wearing size 10 kids now in a small at holloster's or aeropostale's. I found a lady at our church who so graciously took Grayson's clothes. Thank goodness to find someone who's child loves to go shopping in the boxes I send over! I am just glad she can use them.

Forgot again! I will return.....

I think she'll be ok, MS isn't nearly as bad as ALS, AND we can both move in together to the place in Chelsea, Mass. for MS and ALS patients! She said she's gonna stop hanging around me! :)

Linda, glad to hear you found your way out of the closet... heheheh. I have to do that myself, the cleaning that is! Most of the clothes in there I haven't worn in a while, and though I got rid of most of my work clothes, I still have a few for meetings. Probably won't fit me now.

Kim, what 5 lb. statue are you talking about? I think I must have missed the original post about that... Oh well, I think you should come on up as well.

I think my friend Mary (the one who may have MS) is going to take my daughter to NYC to see NYU... for some reason, I can't do it! Even before this walking crap hit me, I can't do it. I don't know why she wants NYC so much... But we're going to try to get to Vassar College in NY state on the 20-21st of Oct., and then Aly will be here on the 25th. I was hoping we could arrange for her to have an overnight and some classroom time, and the college is on break that week! It figures... Maybe I'll try for later on and send them to NYU first, though I really don't want to push that school, I just don't think it's for her. But what do I know, I went to college for art, so how can I tell my daughter NOT to go to college for music. I was in debt about $8K when I graduated, these colleges average about $50K/year with room and board. Ridiculous prices! Sort of like DisneyWorld...

Off to check on dindin... gourmet palates over here, uncured hot dogs, sweet potato fries, and broccoli. Speaking of food, one of my friend's brother is going to be on tv tonight, on the Food Network show Chopped. His name is Rob Evans, and he has 2 great restaurants in Portland, Maine. Aly, I'd take you there, but can't afford it. I know that George HW Bush (the first pres) has gone there a number of times... Rob is a great guy, and wish I got that station! Maybe I'll see if it's on the internet.

Linda,

I am glad you are safe from that closet. I pray you had plenty of tissues for every memory you had with the clothes (or did you use the sleeves of the tops you were taking out). I am sorry you are having to start living in the pull on pants and shorts. One thing good is you can eat a little more and not feel it in the waistband! I always called them my buffet pants.

Ann,

you have been quiet this week. Has everything worked out yet or are you still having problems. I have started drinking the apple cider and it seems to be doing pretty well. But I guess when my body adjusts to it, I will have to find something else.

Susan,

Grayson wears a 32B and she's a stick with boobs. But she does have some hips on her. That's something I never had; well 2 things, boobs and hips. GOD blessed me with butt and thighs. Losing those little by little now. I guess that can be a good thing and a bad thing!

I still can't remember anymore and don't feel like going back and looking again! Sorry. Oh but the tree guy came and it's only going to cost me $300 and if I have him do it the same day as this other lady who lives in town, he will knock $25 off because he will already be in town. Did I really just say "ONLY". Like I have that just sitting around! But the neat thing is he and his wife are ordained ministers and he prayed with me over the phone...it was a wonderful experience; how GOD brings someone you don't know into your life for more than 1 reason!

Gotta run? Well you know what I mean Courtney just texted about car trouble

Love to all,

Kimmie

Hi everybody! It's been crazy here today, beginning with being given a knockout pill last night by Phil--he'd forgotten to give me a couple of doses of the muscle relaxant while I just figured he knew I didn't need them anymore. Out like a light, then a steady stream through here today. Still affected by the pill, and no way to nap. Then I was left scrunched toward the foot of the bed, so couldn't type anyway. I'm still on the antibiotic, but the magic pill is hidden back away!

Dana, Happy Birthday to you! You're always such a joy and a blessing. I pray you are comforted by all who love you. You are such a lovely legacy--I am sure your mom was very proud of you. I hope you do something special tomorrow.

Kimmie, you're a hoot with your statue and tree guy. Get the tree down, please. Then don't tell us what follows (covering my eyes).

Aly, I really hope you are totally well soon....and did I read Ganache? I want. God made cream and dark chocolate, and together they can change the world.

Di, you are "the best" mother, with all you've done with your grandchildren!

I know I'm missing lots...Susan, proud of you as you tackle those teen years.

Love you all,
Ann

Hoot hoot, I have a little hoot owl in back.
Helen and Liz, sorry about your friends DX. When it rains it pours.
No sleep last night so I'm going in early after I walk my neighbors overweight poodle that only understands Italian.
Goodnight and peaceful sleep to all you lovlies.
Helen, the box should come Saturday.

Ann so GOOD to see you, glad all is sorted out with meds. I totally agree with you. "God made cream and dark chocolate, and together they can change the world." soooo true!...:)

Thank You Ann, but "the best", might be a little over the top, I was raised by two marines, yes my Mom was a BAM..(Broad Ass Marine), and my dad also so I can definately bark orders....buuutttt....I became a flower child...Peace, Love Tranquility...so be careful , never know who you will get....Hehehehehehehe..:)

Sitting here just waiting for door to open with my respite relief worker......twin Girls are practicing a dance they learned from older girls to preform for mom the minute she enters the door. They are alll so excited..me tooooo! One girl is the waitress and will be serving snacks, 13 year old still in PJ's, lazy teens...lol

THERE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...GOTTA GO........:)

Aly,

If I could afford a trip to Aruba, it might just be cheaper to divorce him! And if I went to Aruba, I wouldn't want to take him that's for sure.

And the tree hopefully will come down tomorrow. All weekend I worried the winds would blow it down on my neighbors house and found out from the tree guy that it's not the wind that takes it down its the 28 gallons of water at 8 lbs per gallon that it still absorbs that take down a pine. And guess what it has been doing for 2 days now, RAIN! I said gee thanks you made my day. I just called him to take it down while I am in Charleston tomorrow. Now I have to move dogs around so they don't eat him alive. I'm bringing one in the house and moving the other 1 to a different area. Bad thing is, I am watching another pine in the yard start just like the other one.

I don't get it there are "jack pines" in everybody's yards and only mine are dying. And everybody else has money or homeowner's insurance. WHY my trees. These are the times when I turn away from GOD and not towards HIM! Just give me the strength to make it another day.

Having a tough moment right now and to hear others getting cancer and more ALS diagnoses, I just want to run away and not come back. Don't worry, I'm not going to pull a "Kimberly".just want to sit for a while with my tissues.

Hope you all have a wonderful night and Aly, I will see you about 3 am my time!

Much Love to All,

Kimmie

Ok to "shock you mothers". Anna went out with a midwife on a home visit to a nearby town, known to be " rough". The new mother was 11, father was12 and grandmother was 24! they were all smoking pot! God bless this warped world.

Ladies watch those daughters.

I am back in bed and SICK of being SICK. Arghhhhhhhh!

Ann, hope you have been scraped off the bottom of the bed. A spoon full of ganache, helps the medicine go down........you could ask Phil for a wee dram of ganache to chase the nasty antibiotics down:)

Susan, sleep tonight and have Italian dreams...with the poodle in them, of course.

Anastasia, welcome to our lives. It is a fun place, although honesty is welcome...so if the day isn't sunny, come anyway.

Aly, I have got the most forebearing man ever, but he didn't put me in this position. His quick fixes haven't worked, and I'm willing to end the night early if it means getting a good alignment. Oh, ganache. That would make the best chaser to the fake lemon antibiotic, which has morphed into 7 days rather than 3 to 5. I do like the goal, however. I just might begin saying, Oh, ganache--instead of whatever I do say...My brain has become pretty foggy, so remembering to say anything is dicey. I try to say please, thanks and other things that happen to be true as well as helpful to the hearer.

I'm horrified about your "children-becoming-parents" story. And the 24 year old...heartbreaking for the new baby.

Helen, your limo adds a nice touch! You're very productive, and so is Linda, obviously a well organized woman.

Off to moderation! Can ya believe it? *grin*

Hey guys, I think this forum throws an "ALS" everytime it gets the word "diagnosis"... My friend MAY have MS, not ALS, so fear not for her. She's a trooper, and I have another friend who was told at least 20 years ago that she had all the signs on her brain MRI of MS, and she still is fine. Not a symptom. I'm thinking my friend Mary more likely went to the diagnosis happy neuro that I went to! She had a neck injury years ago in a car accident years ago that may be affecting her arm and hand. But it happens to be her quilting hand, she does beautiful art quilts.

Ann, what was Phil thinking, giving you a benny? I hope you're not scrunched up anymore sweetheart, we'll need to come and stretch you back out nice and comfy. Wish I was closer, I'd come over and bring you some real tea! And banana bread with chocolate chips of course. Why do we always go back to food? At least no more poopy talk for right now.

Aly, I can't believe the ages of those children, the Mom was only 24 and she's a grandmother? I was nearly 36 when I had my first kid! Unbelievable, I thought it was bad here in the U.S.! Guess that's why my daughter was given a prego test before x-rays were taken of her hip when she was 11 or 12... I knew she wasn't, but they didn't even ask, they just ran the test! Of course I was a little pissed off, since my insurance then was paying for it, kind of wondered how they could just do that and then being told we'd have to pay for it.

Hope everyone is tucked into bed for the night with a nice warm hot toddy or warm brownie! Or enjoying your Wednesday! Aly, you get better soon, no new germs in my house!

Can't sleep, I'm back.
Aly, are you really serious? 11 years old. She was probably preggers at 10. I'm totally appalled. That's so sad. Is it a cultural thing?
Di, you can relax now and get all comfy. Your a sweet grandma :)
Good night again :)

Hey guys, I think this forum throws an "ALS" everytime it gets the word "diagnosis"...

Nope, it changes the "dee-ex" abbreviation some folks use for the word "diagnosis" to "ALS diagnosis". Old problem, administration is aware of it, etc., etc., etc.

If you use the complete word "diagnosis", nothing gets changed, as your post demonstrates. Only the abbreviation ges changed.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back